Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2004
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    But both times it was Batman's own story that led to him being replaced.Peter is taken out for the sole purpose of replacement.
    That honestly doesn't mean anything. I mean, the words you use clearly have specific meaning to you, but Batman was written out of his story once to show off what a "90s grim and gritty" Batman really looked like (and he was beaten down hard to do it) and once to show that Batman is more important than Bruce Wayne. In nether case did he hand off the cowl willingly and for some high end reason. Neither of those stories had much growth for Bruce until the very end when he returned (In Knightsend getting his mojo back against Shiva and in Return of Bruce Wayne, accepting that Batman was his mission, but both happened in the proverbial 11th hour of the story, which would be, say, around ASM 895 or so in this instance). Which, again, brings us back to then point. You don't know what the STORY is that (possibly) brings Peter down and you don't know the endgame where he rises back up. Without any of that information, why do you think this story is a bad Peter story? Why do you think it's a story about Ben being better than Peter? Just relax and see. If the story sucks, you'll have many people on here agreeing with you as it unfolds. I'll be one of them. If the story is really good, you'll probably feel pretty foolish for all your Chicken Little comments.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That honestly doesn't mean anything. I mean, the words you use clearly have specific meaning to you, but Batman was written out of his story once to show off what a "90s grim and gritty" Batman really looked like (and he was beaten down hard to do it) and once to show that Batman is more important than Bruce Wayne. In nether case did he hand off the cowl willingly and for some high end reason. Neither of those stories had much growth for Bruce until the very end when he returned (In Knightsend getting his mojo back against Shiva and in Return of Bruce Wayne, accepting that Batman was his mission, but both happened in the proverbial 11th hour of the story, which would be, say, around ASM 895 or so in this instance). Which, again, brings us back to then point. You don't know what the STORY is that (possibly) brings Peter down and you don't know the endgame where he rises back up. Without any of that information, why do you think this story is a bad Peter story? Why do you think it's a story about Ben being better than Peter? Just relax and see. If the story sucks, you'll have many people on here agreeing with you as it unfolds. I'll be one of them. If the story is really good, you'll probably feel pretty foolish for all your Chicken Little comments.
    It does.Those were part of Bruce's own arcs and story.Peter's "deaths" have always been in the start of a new arc for the sole purpose of replacement.

Again they just did something very similar with Superior and some liked it and some didn't.I don't much care who think what of the story, everyone should form their own opinions.Superior had massive flaws that it's fans ignore.
    I say it bad because the more they show, the worse it gets and from experience.

I know it's a bad Peter story because it's not a Peter story at all.It's a Ben story and marvel loves propping up characters but pushing other back.

If it's good I'll be beyond happy and eat my words and that I was too negative about this.
    If it's bad I'll be here to say I told you, and you were dumb enough to not see blatant clues and fall for the same sh*t over and over again.

Amazing Member

Wow. I was about to post a lot of the same points as bob.schoonover because I felt certain people (mostly one person here) are really getting bent out of shape over a story that hasn't been told yet, over assumptions they themselves are making and I just don't understand that. Okay, you don't like the idea of story, that's been noted. There's no need to keep bombarding this thread with how stupid you think it is and now you're saying how dumb you think other people are? Spider-man is a fictional character (whether its Peter, Ben, Miles or whoever), Marvel can do what they want with him and as a fan I'm just along for the ride. They don't owe it to me to keep the character the way I prefer him, they're allowed to take him on whatever journey they have in mind. If I like it, I'm on board if not I still keep up with the stories but I may not buy it. I didn't care for Slott's Worldwide arc/era so I didn't follow it. I also didn't follow Byrne's relaunch back in the 90s. But either time I didn't register my displeasure or apathy on some message board because I wasn't getting what I wanted. It's just a comic, chill out.
    Last edited by hbomb450; 08-17-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Wow. I was about to post a lot of the same points as bob.schoonover because I felt certain people (mostly one person here) are really getting bent out of shape over a story that hasn't been told yet, over assumptions they themselves are making and I just don't understand that. Okay, you don't like the idea of story, that's been noted. There's no need to keep bombarding this thread with how stupid you think it is and now you're saying how dumb you think other people are? Spider-man is a fictional character (whether its Peter, Ben, Miles or whoever), Marvel can do what they want with him and as a fan I'm just along for the ride. They don't owe it to me to keep the character the way I prefer him, they're allowed to take him on whatever journey they have in mind. If I like it, I'm on board if not I still keep up with the stories but I may not buy it. I didn't care for Slott's Worldwide arc/era so I didn't follow it. I also didn't follow Byrne's relaunch back in the 90s. But either time I didn't register my displeasure or apathy on some message board because I wasn't getting what I wanted. It's just a comic, chill out.
    Talking about the Beyond comic whether positive or negative is almost as if.... that's whats this boards is for.

No but I get what you are saying but I have given concrete reasoning behind displeasure in every post, not like I'm saying this is gonna be trash and leave it at that.Both positive and negative feedback is still feedback.And not like I'm replying to myself, if someone is countering my point and I feel they missed a lot of things(the guy ignores most of my point and quotes only a line that suits him), etc. then I reply back.

It's a comic book forum board, chill out.

But fr, gonna dial back the posts to when new stuff is shown whether it's positive or negative.Appreciate the feedback.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-17-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So no one's gonna talking about the new issues of Beyond description?

Issues 78:-He will be "brutally taken down" by Morbius.Morbius seems out of the blue but could work.
    Issue 79:-Aaaaand nope.Kraven the hunter sends him down a "hallucinatory spiral, challenging his sanity and making him do the impossible".Already done better on Kraven's last hunt and in hunted in great ways.C'mon man.
    Issue 80:- same description.
    Issue 79. BEY:-"will feature the Daughters of the Dragon as Spider-Man’s tough new trainers! But is even their skill level enough for the mission that the Beyond Corporation is about to send them on? This special installment of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN will debut a mysterious new villain: OBSIDIAN STAR! "
    This seems cool.So he gets training from them.

Other things:-
    1)Some people are still on the fence that Peter will be a part of this : "in an era without Peter Parker".He's not.
    2)Seems like he's doing missions for beyond than fighting crime as is.Premise could have worked without killing peter unless there is something they are hiding.

Seems like filler tbh, like Smythe and Mercenary in Superior, to flesh him out as well.The BEY issue seems the only thing that ties into the big story.I really hope the solicits and issues move from this stuff to Beyond and what's going on there.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So no one's gonna talking about the new issues of Beyond description?

Issues 78:-He will be "brutally taken down" by Morbius.Morbius seems out of the blue but could work.
    Issue 79:-Aaaaand nope.Kraven the hunter sends him down a "hallucinatory spiral, challenging his sanity and making him do the impossible".Already done better on Kraven's last hunt and in hunted in great ways.C'mon man.
    Issue 80:- same description.
    Issue 79. BEY:-"will feature the Daughters of the Dragon as Spider-Man’s tough new trainers! But is even their skill level enough for the mission that the Beyond Corporation is about to send them on? This special installment of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN will debut a mysterious new villain: OBSIDIAN STAR! "
    This seems cool.So he gets training from them.

Other things:-
    1)Some people are still on the fence that Peter will be a part of this : "in an era without Peter Parker".He's not.
    2)Seems like he's doing missions for beyond than fighting crime as is.Premise could have worked without killing peter unless there is something they are hiding.

Seems like filler tbh, like Smythe and Mercenary in Superior, to flesh him out as well.The BEY issue seems the only thing that ties into the big story.I really hope the solicits and issues move from this stuff to Beyond and what's going on there.
    This is all definitely filler, Marvel has done this weekly route several times now when they're waiting for a bigger writer to take over the book. It'll be interesting to see who they get. I think the writers for this are interesting enough to where this should still be a fun interm era though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is all definitely filler, Marvel has done this weekly route several times now when they're waiting for a bigger writer to take over the book. It'll be interesting to see who they get. I think the writers for this are interesting enough to where this should still be a fun interm era though.
    Morbius has not been in Amazing for quite some time so that is something worth picking up. Kraven ( or his son)? We have seen him too much, not really looking forward to that. Too much Felicia as well. Daughters Of The Dragon? Meh. I would like to see Kingsley and ( or) Kaine as well.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully it's a great one.Can't wait for peter's return and marriage back in focus and he hasn't even gone yet.
    Though I am excited for Zeb wells and Patrick Gleason.Kelly is hit or miss for me.

4 issues in November. Will be at #900 by April/May at that pace.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    4 issues in November. Will be at #900 by April/May at that pace.
    I don't think they count the BEY issues.
    3 and Peter will be back by 900 so around 8 months, so like May.
    Hopefully they do 4 a month with no tie-ins so we get there faster.Although I doubt

Mighty Member

I don't think they count the BEY issues.
    3 and Peter will be back by 900 so around 8 months, so like May.
    Hopefully they do 4 a month with no tie-ins so we get there faster.Although I doubt
    Oh God no, I don't think I can support a weekly Spider-Man title

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Oh God no, I don't think I can support a weekly Spider-Man title
    It's gonna be 3 per month minimum, with these add ons like BEY.
    I'm just saying they should make BEY type add ons the 4th issue.
    We should go back to the 2 issue per month, I can't afford this either.
    Of course 2 issues per month will be back with Peter so it's a win-win.

With Hickman leaving X-men and gearing for another Marvel project, I wonder if he’ll tackle Spider-Man. It’s out of his normal element, but maybe he wants to do something different. Unlikely but not impossible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    With Hickman leaving X-men and gearing for another Marvel project, I wonder if he’ll tackle Spider-Man. It’s out of his normal element, but maybe he wants to do something different. Unlikely but not impossible.
    I would also note Zdarsky leaving Daredevil. I wonder if Marvel/Disney would pay enough to make it worth his while?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Hickman doesn't do solo books.