Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2004
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so just to be clear... "this" Ben Reilly is, physically, not the same guy who died/disintegrated back at the climax of the original clone saga? For how long has "this" Ben been around? And to be clear, "this" Ben is not the current 'Scarlet Spider', who is Kaine, is that correct? (I can't keep track of all this)
    That depends on your concept of "physically". He's been cloned a bunch more times, but it's established in canon that this is, in fact, the same Ben from the 70s and the 90s, and that his soul goes back to his body every time he died.

And at least right now both Ben and Kaine share the Scarlet Spider name, yeah.

A little off-topic but it's funny how three key Spider-Man characters are currently copies of their "real" incarnations yet they're treated as the same being: Ben Reilly, Doc Ock and Kraven.

Although I guess Ock was already a mind copy since the Master Programmer days.
    Last edited by Webhead; 08-21-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Anyone else not like the fact that Ben's new suit is apparently bulletproof to a ridiculous degree??

I know it's not the first Spider suit to be bulletproof ( Iron Spider suit springs to mind) but to me you want a certain sense that Ben will be vulnerable to physical harm in a given fight and i think you kinda lose some of that seeing what he was able to withstand from a guy like Bushwhacker.

I also hope that Ben is a contributor to some of the crime fighting innovations and not just having them dropped in his lap left and right as he has a scientific mind and has shown what he can whip up when broke so he should be able to be inventive with a corporation backing him.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    A little off-topic but it's funny how three key Spider-Man characters are currently copies of their "real" incarnations yet they're treated as the same being: Ben Reilly, Doc Ock and Kraven.
    Well, with Ben they had to justify he has a copy body but that it's the same mind and soul every time. With Kraven, it seemed like the point of Hunted (besides having Kraven staying by a window and saying "Not yet") was to replace "Kraven with Kraven", yet in SW #3 Rhino knows he's Sergei's son and not the real deal, so... does everybody else know, too?

With Ock, yeah, it works on multiple levels, since the current Ock running is a backup with his memory wiped before he decided to turn in the wheels to Peter. But he's had a lot of his memories wiped by his own Mephisto deal, so, in conclusion... this is basically a whole mess!

Astonishing Member

Don't forget how many times the universe was destroyed.

And Slott implying post SW Spiderman is actually renew your vows Spiderman living 616 Spiderman's life.

Everyone is a copy now muahahahahh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

And Slott implying post SW Spiderman is actually renew your vows Spiderman living 616 Spiderman's life.

That's not the case. I still don't get why, but when 616's Spider-Man and Mary Jane (in the Iron Spider's armor) were fighting the Regent, they had a Deja Vu of their "Renew Your Vows" counterparts' fight during the Secret Wars. I still don't get why they had it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Anyone else not like the fact that Ben's new suit is apparently bulletproof to a ridiculous degree??

I know it's not the first Spider suit to be bulletproof ( Iron Spider suit springs to mind) but to me you want a certain sense that Ben will be vulnerable to physical harm in a given fight and i think you kinda lose some of that seeing what he was able to withstand from a guy like Bushwhacker.

I also hope that Ben is a contributor to some of the crime fighting innovations and not just having them dropped in his lap left and right as he has a scientific mind and has shown what he can whip up when broke so he should be able to be inventive with a corporation backing him.
    I'd like to see that, too. If Beyond Corp turns out to have nefarious intentions like most of us suspect, would be cool to have Ben turn the tables on them with his own ingenuity. That said, bring back the impact webbing and stingers.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

Considering that the Spider-Men of 616 and 1610/Ultimate were two of the survivors of the "old" Multiverse in Secret Wars and then got integrated into the Multiverse that was recreated by Reed Richards with help from his son Franklin and Owen Reece, the Molecule Man . . . your last statement might well be correct, aside from the people who were able to get on those Multiverse life rafts, like the aforementioned Spider-Men.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Well, with Ben they had to justify he has a copy body but that it's the same mind and soul every time. With Kraven, it seemed like the point of Hunted (besides having Kraven staying by a window and saying "Not yet") was to replace "Kraven with Kraven", yet in SW #3 Rhino knows he's Sergei's son and not the real deal, so... does everybody else know, too?

With Ock, yeah, it works on multiple levels, since the current Ock running is a backup with his memory wiped before he decided to turn in the wheels to Peter. But he's had a lot of his memories wiped by his own Mephisto deal, so, in conclusion... this is basically a whole mess!
    You are right. The bit with Rhino addressing him as Kraven Jr. is weird in the face of the apparent intention Spencer had with that ending in Hunted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    That's not the case. I still don't get why, but when 616's Spider-Man and Mary Jane (in the Iron Spider's armor) were fighting the Regent, they had a Deja Vu of their "Renew Your Vows" counterparts' fight during the Secret Wars. I still don't get why they had it.
    Probably just a fourth wall moment, not intended to mean anything else in-universe.

but he is spiderman bullets shouldnt be an issue for him normally with spidey sense
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

how on earth is clone kraven is being used so much like why
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd like to see that, too. If Beyond Corp turns out to have nefarious intentions like most of us suspect, would be cool to have Ben turn the tables on them with his own ingenuity. That said, bring back the impact webbing and stingers.

Considering that the Spider-Men of 616 and 1610/Ultimate were two of the survivors of the "old" Multiverse in Secret Wars and then got integrated into the Multiverse that was recreated by Reed Richards with help from his son Franklin and Owen Reece, the Molecule Man . . . your last statement might well be correct, aside from the people who were able to get on those Multiverse life rafts, like the aforementioned Spider-Men.
    Sure, but from the sound of it they are "killing" Peter in a disrespectful way so I'ma just say he deserves to figure it out.Not to say Ben can't join him to kick their butts, and that costume being thrown away is begging to be a set-up for it's return.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    OG!Kraven made the rounds.

Extraordinary Member

This, just drop kraven and all the signature rogue's for beyond.
    You got around 25 issues of Ben and multiversal sh*t.Use it.
    Try weird concepts, don't re-tread.
    I mean after this, we are gonna go back to classic Spider-man and marriage, etc.(I think and hope, although that's what I said for after Spencer so.....)
    Experiment, play around, do weird sh*t.Use Ben's own cast, etc.

Incredible Member

but he is spiderman bullets shouldnt be an issue for him normally with spidey sense

You don't think there's a difference between being able to tank gunfire and having a really good danger indicator?

Spider-sense is a wonderful advantage for Peter or Ben but they can still take serious damage especially in a scenario like Sinister War where multiple enemies are targeting him and even with advanced warning he's not necessarily going to be able to pinpoint where the danger is coming from to always avoid taking damage.

Extraordinary Member

You don't think there's a difference between being able to tank gunfire and having a really good danger indicator?

Spider-sense is a wonderful advantage for Peter or Ben but they can still take serious damage especially in a scenario like Sinister War where multiple enemies are targeting him and even with advanced warning he's not necessarily going to be able to pinpoint where the danger is coming from to always avoid taking damage.
    Ehhh... depends on how it's done.
    I love all the suits Peter made because of story and because he made them.
    Ben's concept of suit with foam polymers is cool bu it's Beyond tech