Page 73 of 134 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2004
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Ehhh... depends on how it's done.
    I love all the suits Peter made because of story and because he made them.
    Ben's concept of suit with foam polymers is cool bu it's Beyond tech
    Which makes it cool in a different way. Because now there is a tension in place where Ben doesn't seem aware of Beyond Corp's sinister nature. So we the audience know that he probably can't trust the tech when it will count. That if they provide it they can take it away, or worse possibly disable it on the fly, and put Ben in mortal peril.

Seeing Ben rely on it not realizing his benefactor's true shape should fill us with a kind of dread. But at the same time, seeing Ben's ultimate reaction when that moment comes will complete the beat. Does he overcome, perservere, even innovate? Or does he crumble? There's a story to the suit for once that should actually be interesting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Which makes it cool in a different way. Because now there is a tension in place where Ben doesn't seem aware of Beyond Corp's sinister nature. So we the audience know that he probably can't trust the tech when it will count. That if they provide it they can take it away, or worse possibly disable it on the fly, and put Ben in mortal peril.

Seeing Ben rely on it not realizing his benefactor's true shape should fill us with a kind of dread. But at the same time, seeing Ben's ultimate reaction when that moment comes will complete the beat. Does he overcome, perservere, even innovate? Or does he crumble? There's a story to the suit for once that should actually be interesting.
    That's actually a very good point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I can't remember cause it's been so long but did Tony Stark disable the upgrades the Iron Spider suit when Peter defected to the pro registration side in Civil War? It could be something similar to that and maybe has to go back to his SS suit or as you said innovate.

Extraordinary Member

I mean you take away the suit and everything else is still there?

The only thing is if it's a trap which they could also just put on his normal suit.

Yeah, Peter gonna have to come back and deal with them.Let Ben know he messed up trusting them(in a brotherly manner ofc).

Yeah, I wonder if Ben being Spidey is addciting to him, could be a cool angle if done right

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I can't remember cause it's been so long but did Tony Stark disable the upgrades the Iron Spider suit when Peter defected to the pro registration side in Civil War? It could be something similar to that and maybe has to go back to his SS suit or as you said innovate.
    Yeah, but Peter had a back up to his back up.Peter smart like that

Yeah, he did, since he was also using the Iron Spider Armor to monitor Peter's movements and examine his unique biology, the latter coming in handy for a simulated spider-sense of his own. That said, Peter did manage to override Tony's override, and going by What If? Back in Black, he learned enough about his and Tony's armors that he could shut down Tony's armor in turn when Tony came at him. Come to think of it, Norman Osborn managed to disable the Mark IV Spider-Armor and negate Peter's spider-powers late into the Worldwide era, right before Secret Empire, and Peter still beat Osborn just by being clever. No reason for a similar outcome not to happen with Ben once he realizes Beyond Corporation's nefarious nature.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, he did, since he was also using the Iron Spider Armor to monitor Peter's movements and examine his unique biology, the latter coming in handy for a simulated spider-sense of his own. That said, Peter did manage to override Tony's override, and going by What If? Back in Black, he learned enough about his and Tony's armors that he could shut down Tony's armor in turn when Tony came at him. Come to think of it, Norman Osborn managed to disable the Mark IV Spider-Armor and negate Peter's spider-powers late into the Worldwide era, right before Secret Empire, and Peter still beat Osborn just by being clever. No reason for a similar outcome not to happen with Ben once he realizes Beyond Corporation's nefarious nature.
    And Peter hacked into Tony's system from an home computer.
    And hacked Avengers security.
    Also hacked Osborn's security is dark reign which even Bruce couldn't do.

Our boi smart as heck

Incredible Member

Yeah, but Peter had a back up to his back up.Peter smart like that

Ok all i could remember was that by the time Punisher saved him in the sewer the suit was basically ripped to shreds due to being constantly hounded by all those villains. To me he should've been using the cloaking ability if he still had it to save himself from all the abuse he took

so what does Beyond officially want from having a "Spider-Man" on its payroll (does he get paid, at least?) Do they just want publicity for his arrests? Any "disaster" or public loss of a fight involving him is potentially bad public relations.
    Ben didn't give them the web formula, did he? (losing the patent?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what does Beyond officially want from having a "Spider-Man" on its payroll (does he get paid, at least?) Do they just want publicity for his arrests? Any "disaster" or public loss of a fight involving him is potentially bad public relations.
    We'll find out.I think that's the main plot.
    O think they want Peter out the way, and use Ben as a mercenary of sorts.They are pandering to him, telling him he's the real Spider-man to keep him on board.

And Peter hacked into Tony's system from an home computer.
    And hacked Avengers security.
    Also hacked Osborn's security is dark reign which even Bruce couldn't do.

Our boi smart as heck
    Shock, yeah.

Ok all i could remember was that by the time Punisher saved him in the sewer the suit was basically ripped to shreds due to being constantly hounded by all those villains. To me he should've been using the cloaking ability if he still had it to save himself from all the abuse he took
    That's a fair point, unless it was one of those villains who could track him by scent, then the cloaking device would do him no good in that case.

Shock if I know, and hopefully not, though given what Beyond Corporation has done and been involved with in the past . . .

Mighty Member

Obviously, we'll find out when they publish the books, but if I were guessing, I'd say they either want credit/money for Spidey's deeds (in the FCBD special they talk about hiring a contractor to fix the damage, but no idea who's ultimately paying for it), or they intend to market Spidey somehow (e.g. selling the body armor he wears, using his good deeds in press releases to rehab the company's image, etc).

-----------------------------------------------

Unrelated, to the above, I think it's still a category error to assume that Ben has no idea that Beyond is a shady company. With so little on the page so far, Ben being naïve and not knowing better would look identical to Ben being undercover. It's perfectly fine if the story is that Ben is naïve, of course, and we'll judge it accordingly, but one way that this story would be fundamentally different from the Clone Saga or Superior would be if Ben was taking over the mantle specifically to infiltrate Beyond in a way that Peter would be unable to do (that is, maybe Peter wouldn't want to reveal his identity or he felt the con would only work if there was a disapproving brother figure as part of it).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Obviously, we'll find out when they publish the books, but if I were guessing, I'd say they either want credit/money for Spidey's deeds (in the FCBD special they talk about hiring a contractor to fix the damage, but no idea who's ultimately paying for it), or they intend to market Spidey somehow (e.g. selling the body armor he wears, using his good deeds in press releases to rehab the company's image, etc).

Unrelated, to the above, I think it's still a category error to assume that Ben has no idea that Beyond is a shady company. With so little on the page so far, Ben being naïve and not knowing better would look identical to Ben being undercover. It's perfectly fine if the story is that Ben is naïve, of course, and we'll judge it accordingly, but one way that this story would be fundamentally different from the Clone Saga or Superior would be if Ben was taking over the mantle specifically to infiltrate Beyond in a way that Peter would be unable to do (that is, maybe Peter wouldn't want to reveal his identity or he felt the con would only work if there was a disapproving brother figure as part of it).
    That would actually work a lot better.

That would actually work a lot better.
    It's an excellent possibility to consider and one that hadn't crossed my mind. These issues can't get here fast enough for me!

Not that people will be pleased to have it brought up, but Clone Conspiracy did have that multiversal destruction subplot.

-Pav, who does like continuity though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

I'd rather him find out slowly instead of knowing all along.Peter's "death" would be the start of his doubt, way too convinient.Then maybe he figures it out, tries to fight but gets taken down maybe because he's still wearing the suit.Maybe mind-wipe or just capturing and then peter gets back, and they team up