Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2004
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Damn! I've literally dropped every Marvel comic book some time ago and I JUST found out that mah boy Ben is going to be Spider-Man again! I'm literally crying. Let's hope he is the Ben Reilly we all know and love, not that abomination from Slott and from that awful Scarlet Spider series by PAD (I know he's been "fixed" during Spider-Geddon but still...).

I hope he won't be killed... That would be stupid and awful and it would be another kick in the dick from Marvel.
    Pretty sure it’s our boy post-Spidergeddon whose been “reset” back to factory settings, lol. But I feel you. I dropped all Marvel Comics over a year ago, and I’m only back now for Ben (and any Ben related guest appearances in other books).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bruh Marvel comics really gonna have Ben(and Miles and possibly otto) parading around as Spider-man when NWH drops and not have Peter for a filler replacement story.They deserve to go out of business smh
    I'd rather see them go out of business for how they undercompensate their creative talent whose stories inspire the movies (and TV series) that make them billions of dollars in profit. Also, if I may be frank for a moment, the whole point of all these "Peter Parker gets (temporarily) replaced" stories is not to demonstrate how "superior" the replacements are to Peter, but to watch and read as they either try their damnedest to live up to his example (Miles in Ultimate, Ben in the 90s Clone Saga) or try to coopt his mantle and ultimately fail because they don't understand what "great power must also come with great responsibility" means (looking at you, Otto Octavius). In the end, it's not about disrespecting Peter, but taking a look from a different angle at what makes him the greatest hero the Marvel Universe has and why he remains the gold standard for heroes throughout the MU.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd rather see them go out of business for how they undercompensate their creative talent whose stories inspire the movies (and TV series) that make them billions of dollars in profit. Also, if I may be frank for a moment, the whole point of all these "Peter Parker gets (temporarily) replaced" stories is not to demonstrate how "superior" the replacements are to Peter, but to watch and read as they either try their damnedest to live up to his example (Miles in Ultimate, Ben in the 90s Clone Saga) or try to coopt his mantle and ultimately fail because they don't understand what "great power must also come with great responsibility" means (looking at you, Otto Octavius). In the end, it's not about disrespecting Peter, but taking a look from a different angle at what makes him the greatest hero the Marvel Universe has and why he remains the gold standard for heroes throughout the MU.
    not in universe though I'm still waiting on that one event that puts him over everyone else. In terms of sales and popularity of course he beats every other marvel character. But I dont only want to use that as proof that he is better than his peers. Basically what Dc does with Batman all the time these days
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

has there been a moment where teen Miles and teen Peter get to have a conversation? Time travel or whatever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been a moment where teen Miles and teen Peter get to have a conversation? Time travel or whatever.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gener...er-Man_Vol_1_1
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    not in universe though I'm still waiting on that one event that puts him over everyone else. In terms of sales and popularity of course he beats every other marvel character. But I dont only want to use that as proof that he is better than his peers. Basically what Dc does with Batman all the time these days
    Cable said he is in the future.Miguel said he is in the future post Secret-wars.Doctor Strange himself said he is in the present.Heroes like Cap,Thor and Adam Warlock have praised him immensely.
    Black Panther thinks he's worthy enough for eating the leaf that gives him his Panther powers.The ancient wizard in current run gives him the tablet saying he's a true hero.
    He fought against the torment of Zaratos(living spirit of vengance) and won surprising both the Beyonder and mehpisto.
    He shaped reality twice once w/ Nightmare and once in the nexus of all realities both by sheer will.

They need to cement it but it's not like there's no precedence.

Extraordinary Member

Damn this is a good post, gives a great presepctive.Thanks.
    I hope the writers keep this to heart.
    They didn't do it w/ Miles though.He got everything on a silver platter and took out Green Goblin in one shot as well.Not to mention every fight ending w/ venom blast.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cable said he is in the future.Miguel said he is in the future post Secret-wars.Doctor Strange himself said he is in the present.Heroes like Cap,Thor and Adam Warlock have praised him immensely.
    Black Panther thinks he's worthy enough for eating the leaf that gives him his Panther powers.The ancient wizard in current run gives him the tablet saying he's a true hero.
    He fought against the torment of Zaratos(living spirit of vengance) and won surprising both the Beyonder and mehpisto.
    He shaped reality twice once w/ Nightmare and once in the nexus of all realities both by sheer will.

They need to cement it but it's not like there's no precedence.
    Damn this is a good post, gives a great presepctive.Thanks.
    I hope the writers keep this to heart.
    They didn't do it w/ Miles though.He got everything on a silver platter and took out Green Goblin in one shot as well.Not to mention every fight ending w/ venom blast.
    Pretty awesome moments for Peter, but you're slightly wrong about Miles not struggling as the new Ultimate Spider-Man. Besides the enhanced powers compared to Peter's, he had to deal with damn near everyone who encountered him believing he was disrespecting and disgracing Peter's legacy, even though the only reason he became Spider-Man in the first place was that he blamed himself for Peter's death due to hiding himself and his abilities out of fear of how others, particularly his parents, would react to him, when he could have jumped in to help Peter against Osborn's crew. Then he had to deal with his uncle taking advantage of his newfound powers to groom him into a criminal partner (more like superhuman weapon) and when his conscience drove him to rebel, his uncle got killed in the ensuing fight, adding insult to injury with his last words: "You are just like me."

Following that, his mother died in the crossfire of a fight between him and a new Venom, which drove him to quit being Spider-Man for a solid year, and when he was pushed to redon the webs by Jessica Drew, Peter's female clone, it was because in the absence of (a) Spider-Man, Roxxon had done a lot of damage to innocent lives, damage that could have been stopped or ameliorated if (a) Spider-Man had been there to stop it. Afterwards, his father --- who hated superheroes and saw them as bringers of chaos and death for ordinary people --- learned Miles was the new Spider-Man and rejected him because of that, blaming him for his mother's and uncle's deaths. In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that while Miles's powers might have enabled him to win fights more easily than Peter's did, superheroes can and do struggle in more ways than just with supervillains; they also often struggle with social alienation and personal loss, among other such hardships that can't be so easily resolved by punching, kicking, or blasting a bad guy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty awesome moments for Peter, but you're slightly wrong about Miles not struggling as the new Ultimate Spider-Man. Besides the enhanced powers compared to Peter's, he had to deal with damn near everyone who encountered him believing he was disrespecting and disgracing Peter's legacy, even though the only reason he became Spider-Man in the first place was that he blamed himself for Peter's death due to hiding himself and his abilities out of fear of how others, particularly his parents, would react to him, when he could have jumped in to help Peter against Osborn's crew. Then he had to deal with his uncle taking advantage of his newfound powers to groom him into a criminal partner (more like superhuman weapon) and when his conscience drove him to rebel, his uncle got killed in the ensuing fight, adding insult to injury with his last words: "You are just like me."

Following that, his mother died in the crossfire of a fight between him and a new Venom, which drove him to quit being Spider-Man for a solid year, and when he was pushed to redon the webs by Jessica Drew, Peter's female clone, it was because in the absence of (a) Spider-Man, Roxxon had done a lot of damage to innocent lives, damage that could have been stopped or ameliorated if (a) Spider-Man had been there to stop it. Afterwards, his father --- who hated superheroes and saw them as bringers of chaos and death for ordinary people --- learned Miles was the new Spider-Man and rejected him because of that, blaming him for his mother's and uncle's deaths. In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that while Miles's powers might have enabled him to win fights more easily than Peter's did, superheroes can and do struggle in more ways than just with supervillains; they also often struggle with social alienation and personal loss, among other such hardships that can't be so easily resolved by punching, kicking, or blasting a bad guy.
    Bendis has given him everything. Nothing is earned ever. He has no struggles, even for the beginning.
    Fury instantly takes him in.
    Capt America wants to train him,
    Aunt May and MJ give him web shooters.
    Ganke makes his web fluid.
    Every single fight ends with venom blast the single most op move ever it would seem.
    Right before Secret Wars Bendis saw the need to have him be bit by a second spider to acquire and all new power set as to keep us interested or something.
    He is incredibly under developed for how long he has been around and a most of the side cast like his father have gotten more development than him.
    To top it all off the one thing he had going for him was his mother dying.
    Something he could use to always remember like a Uncle Ben. But what does Bendis do? He brings her back.
    Now in 616 he has Peter giving him toys he has Tony building him webshooters.
    This kid literally just gets everything on silver platter

From an earlier post.And a lot of what you mention has been retconned and he doesn't even remember it ever happening.

Bendis has given him everything. Nothing is earned ever. He has no struggles, even for the beginning.
    Fury instantly takes him in.
    Capt America wants to train him,
    Aunt May and MJ give him web shooters.
    Ganke makes his web fluid.
    Every single fight ends with venom blast the single most op move ever it would seem.
    Right before Secret Wars Bendis saw the need to have him be bit by a second spider to acquire and all new power set as to keep us interested or something.
    He is incredibly under developed for how long he has been around and a most of the side cast like his father have gotten more development than him.
    To top it all off the one thing he had going for him was his mother dying.
    Something he could use to always remember like a Uncle Ben. But what does Bendis do? He brings her back.
    Now in 616 he has Peter giving him toys he has Tony building him webshooters.
    This kid literally just gets everything on silver platter

From an earlier post.And a lot of what you mention has been retconned and he doesn't even remember it ever happening.
    I think it's more complicated than that, but we've been down this rabbit hole .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more complicated than that, but we've been down this rabbit hole .
    It really isn't.Anything he "earned" or any consequences faced has been retconned in 616, which was not much to begin with.

His clone saga is a good parallel imo.Miles's clone saga was a joke compared to the actual thing, not the length mind you.No consequences for the public thinking he's a bad guy or his clones being "dead".He just gets a brother, a new suit and goes on a date.I would be cool if the writer hadn't repeatedly said that there would be major ramifications on his personal and proffesional life and that it would be devastating.People on here mad about Spencer when every issue doesn't give all the answers but Ahmed just flat out lied and no one says anything.

There are like 5-10 more points I want to make but I don't want to argue this here anymore, maybe some other time on a more appropriate thread but not today and not here.

I only said Miles stuff because Huntsman made a great post on the Beyond stuff and legacy but that doesn't hold true for Miles.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Have you watched the recent spider-man animated series on disney xd? It features miles and a teenage peter being friends in high school with gwen stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Have you watched the recent spider-man animated series on disney xd? It features miles and a teenage peter being friends in high school with gwen stacy.
    There was also the Generations one-shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I am happy I have not. Peter in HS ( especially with Miles and Gwen)? Give me a break.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am happy I have not. Peter in HS ( especially with Miles and Gwen)? Give me a break.
    Save yourself the pain.Spider-fam was never meant to be status quo
    The good stuff is MJ but it's so little, and Moon Knight is kinda cool but you can just watch their clips online.