Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2004

I've finally read the "Test Drive" with Ben in his new suit. I'm really liking the new webs but I don't like the fact Ben is giving away his identity to everyone like it's nothing. Is he still broken? Spider-Geddon should "repair" Ben's mind, no? I understand that he works now with Beyond Corporation but was it really necesarry for him to take of the mask in front of the workers? Unmasking like that creates potential problems who may occur later, not only for him but for Peter (and MJ, etc) who looks exactly like him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I've finally read the "Test Drive" with Ben in his new suit. I'm really liking the new webs but I don't like the fact Ben is giving away his identity to everyone like it's nothing. Is he still broken? Spider-Geddon should "repair" Ben's mind, no? I understand that he works now with Beyond Corporation but was it really necesarry for him to take of the mask in front of the workers? Unmasking like that creates potential problems who may occur later, not only for him but for Peter (and MJ, etc) who looks exactly like him.
    I think Beyond reached out to Ben and already knew who he was.It's a plausible explanation.

Mighty Member

Who knows, maybe at the end of Beyond when they reach out to Peter, it'll create some conflict (I'm of course making that scenario up, but it'll make for interesting reading).

Incredible Member

Hm, it does open up a dynamic of having a Spider with a public ally known identity. Some other supes are public; Ben doesn’t really have any ties to anyone (even during the Clobe conspiracy we didn’t see him try to interact with Aunt May). And if Beyond knows his identity, then they know Peters.

Honestly, a Spider that has a public identity is a dynamic we hadn’t seen before (except for Civil War, but that genie got put back in the bottle).
    Last edited by Blanks; 09-07-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Hm, it does open up a dynamic of having a Spider with a public ally known identity. Some other supes are public; Ben doesn’t really have any ties to anyone (even during the Clobe conspiracy we didn’t see him try to interact with Aunt May). And if Beyond knows his identity, then they know Peters.

Honestly, a Spider that has a public identity is a dynamic we hadn’t seen before (except for Civil War, but that genie got put back in the bottle).
    To be fair like it shouldn't shock people that Peter is Spider Man at this point. Considering he was the only one who can get his Picture from his debut. Peter now admits to be working with him since Parker Industries. Plus Spider Man is always involved with Peter loved ones. Like how don't villains question why Spiderman goes so hard to save Parker aunt and girlfriend? He has been pretty loose with it lately.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    To be fair like it shouldn't shock people that Peter is Spider Man at this point. Considering he was the only one who can get his Picture from his debut. Peter now admits to be working with him since Parker Industries. Plus Spider Man is always involved with Peter loved ones. Like how don't villains question why Spiderman goes so hard to save Parker aunt and girlfriend? He has been pretty loose with it lately.
    I mean same goes for Bruce Wayne and Batman.And Clark and Superman and DD and Matt and most other secret identities.
    They all have their secret identities and civilian identities intertwine mostly for comic drama and tighter stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post

He was also swinging w/ no mask in some preview art.
    Just keep the identity thing to Ben, Peter has finally felt Pre-OMD and classic in Spencer.Don't ruin that for a filler arc like Beyond that sidelines him in his own book.Beyond nor the public should know who Peter is, the beyond team should do what they want w/ Ben.

Ben has a history of being sloppy with his secret identity.

-Pav, who thinks it's kind of charming...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

He is way more lighthearted and carefree than Pete IIRC.I also remember his web shooters cloging a lot.

Mighty Member

I like the idea that a loner with no searchable identity (does 616 US government give social security numbers to clones?) doesn't really adhere to the superhero identity code. It's endearing in-universe and is a nice trait OOU to remind or alert readers that it's not Peter swinging around.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I like the idea that a loner with no searchable identity (does 616 US government give social security numbers to clones?) doesn't really adhere to the superhero identity code. It's endearing in-universe and is a nice trait OOU to remind or alert readers that it's not Peter swinging around.
    I agree -- and I like how, in the past, Ben often seemed to only care about keeping his identity a secret so as to protect Peter, not himself.

-Pav, who wishes his clone would provide the same courtesy...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

I agree -- and I like how, in the past, Ben often seemed to only care about keeping his identity a secret so as to protect Peter, not himself.

-Pav, who wishes his clone would provide the same courtesy...
    If Ben goes Blonde and grows enough facial hair can he make himself distinct enough from Peter.
    If so, maybe he can go public without ruining Spidey's life.

Public identity does sound cool.Any jobs you have in mind for Ben?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He was also swinging w/ no mask in some preview art.
    Just keep the identity thing to Ben, Peter has finally felt Pre-OMD and classic in Spencer.Don't ruin that for a filler arc like Beyond that sidelines him in his own book.Beyond nor the public should know who Peter is, the beyond team should do what they want w/ Ben.
    Nothing I said, said anything about exposing Peter’s identity, but alluding to that Ben doesn’t have the same things to protect that Peter does, so he risks less. We know you Dick-ride for Peter, you don’t have to remind us in every post.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I agree. Peter has been rather… loose with it since becoming an Avenger. When before he was so secretive with it, but once he joined the New Avengers, he was rather loose with it. Even after OMIT, he was still rather free with it, wanting to reveal it to Daredevil that time.

So yeah, I’m not surprised more Villains (or other people close to him like Betty, Flash, Robbie) haven’t figure it out.

I’m all for Ben coming back one of my favorite Spider-Man