Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2004
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who are the major shareholders in the Beyond corporation? Any corporate villains that are known? Justin Hammer?
    "The Beyond Corporation is a collective of beings who embody the wild spaces beyond reality. While the other entities from the Outside want to study and even preserve the Multiverse population, the Beyond Corporation care only to play with them and have fun."

They are a bit BEYOND share holders.I am assuming they don't ignore/retcon all this.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    2)So Beyond own the trade-mark.Do we know who owned it before them?
    And people are saying Ben is a corporate shill for this.Which I doubt, he's gonna be hesitant and only do this because Beyond helps him and he helps others.W/ the Ben push at marvel rn he won't look bad in this.
    I really hope you're right, but since this had Superior-ish vibes from the announcement, I think they might just play it as him being a straight out shill as contrast to show how Peter's still the real deal. When they announced the new Scarlet Spider series and whatnot I thought that there'd always be a catch and that he wasn't just balls to the walls nuts near villainous, but they played it straight and he was pretty unrepetant until PAD was forced to do a pivot due to sales and backlash.

But one way or another I'll be glad and then some to be in the wrong here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I really hope you're right, but since this had Superior-ish vibes from the announcement, I think they might just play it as him being a straight out shill as contrast to show how Peter's still the real deal. When they announced the new Scarlet Spider series and whatnot I thought that there'd always be a catch and that he wasn't just balls to the walls nuts near villainous, but they played it straight and he was pretty unrepetant until PAD was forced to do a pivot due to sales and backlash.

But one way or another I'll be glad and then some to be in the wrong here.

He's not going to question what they ask of him initially because they're basically giving him a too good to be true opportunity at a second chance but Ben's not a dummy and eventually he's going to start to figure it out when they start asking him to do more or dubious things.

BANNED

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this. But did it strike everyone as weird that the Amazing Spider-Man logo of the Beyond era is basically a rip of the Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales comics font?

The Miles appropriation continues from Homecoming now to this.

I don't like the optics of a Ben versus Miles fight in the early issues of Beyond...or if Miles is involved as some kind of sidekick to Ben through BEYOND, that would stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this. But did it strike everyone as weird that the Amazing Spider-Man logo of the Beyond era is basically a rip of the Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales comics font?
    Well, Miles is a rip off of the original Spider-Man so I gues it all comes full circle. It does not matter anyway.

Astonishing Member

I don't like the optics of a Ben versus Miles fight in the early issues of Beyond...or if Miles is involved as some kind of sidekick to Ben through BEYOND, that would stink.
    What would be worse then that is if Marvel sets up Otto to be the good guy against bad guy Ben.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It is weird, and I don't exactly like the optics of this, either, though it does fit in with the argument that some at Marvel are deliberately pitting fanbases of specific characters against each other for cheap heat, in professional wrestling parlance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I’m wondering whether May is going to remember that Peter is Spider-Man again, or if him and MJ will just lie about whatever injury he has. I feel like Otto may also remember that Peter is Spider-Man if he is helping May, feels like more than a coincidence, he does not seem to be playing a villainous role to anyone except Ben and the Beyond Corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It is weird, and I don't exactly like the optics of this, either, though it does fit in with the argument that some at Marvel are deliberately pitting fanbases of specific characters against each other for cheap heat, in professional wrestling parlance.
    Yeah, I think this is much more likely than anything else. Brevoort was the one who coined "angry fans = good!" and he still has a fair bit of clout IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I’m wondering whether May is going to remember that Peter is Spider-Man again, or if him and MJ will just lie about whatever injury he has. I feel like Otto may also remember that Peter is Spider-Man if he is helping May, feels like more than a coincidence, he does not seem to be playing a villainous role to anyone except Ben and the Beyond Corporation.
    Maybe, yeah. I'd like to see May (finally) remember (or figure out again) that Peter is Spider-Man.

Yeah, I think this is much more likely than anything else. Brevoort was the one who coined "angry fans = good!" and he still has a fair bit of clout IIRC.
    Hmm, yeah? Figures.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Miles as Ben's sidekick? I doubt that will happen, not to say that won't happen, plus a fight will finally decide who really deserves the mantle and I sincerely hope Ben wins.

Or they just like the font and wanted to try it out again?

I can't imagine it's for some nefarious purpose, although I suppose it's not impossible.

-Pav, who doesn't like to assume...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Or they just like the font and wanted to try it out again?
    Oh, no, font-wise I think it's no problem. Marvel just goes back and forth on these, I famously remember how when they decided to publish Sins Past they went back to the 90s style with the more edged font. Since Miles is part of the Spider-Man legacy as a whole just using the font is par for the course.

I meant only as far as "Miles as a sidekick" or "Miles and Ben on opposite ends" go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post

Miles as Ben's sidekick? I doubt that will happen, not to say that won't happen, plus a fight will finally decide who really deserves the mantle and I sincerely hope Ben wins.
    Funny enough, I once felt like dusting off "Spider Wars" from the 90s TAS finale, but lifting the plot from Batman's "Battle for the Cowl" and Superman's "Reign of the Supermen" wherein Peter's presumed death would unleash his numerous enemies upon New York City in unprecedentedly devastating ways, with the other superheroes largely blindsided, unable to mount or prepare an adequate counter to villains they realized they'd never really taken all that seriously before. With Spider-Man's death being what seemingly encouraged his rogues to cut loose the way they did, it also turned NYC into a proving ground for his would-be successors --- Ben Reilly, the Sensational Spider-Man; Miles Morales, the Ultimate Spider-Man; Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man . . . and Oliver Osnick, the Steel Spider(-Man), using a cybernetic carapace to mimic Spider-Man's abilities and a cyber-limb to replace the arm that was chewed off by Mac Gargan/Venom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I guess.

I mean Miles is a far more successful and important character than Ben Reilly, breaking out in a way Ben never did. Miles Morales has made more appearances than Ben Reilly has at this point and ought to be treated as the senior character in terms of achievement, in the same way Wolverine is treated as a senior character over Hawkeye despite making his comics debut years after Barton did.

As it is, Ben getting countless second chances is emblematic of how many second chances at the Championship Belt (to continue with the wrestling theme), some kind of characters (white male) get over others.

Whereas a Black character even when they get legitimate success and attention are always precarious in having that usurped. You saw that with John Stewart and Hal Jordan, where John Stewart got attention and fame and notice, but nostalgia for Hal Jordan, a character who was failing in the 80s and was ordered whacked by DC, led Jordan to return in a big way and override the heat that Stewart got, and that remains in place even if Jordan GL failed in the 2011 film and didn't produce any success, by default he's assumed to be the big cheese.

I just don't get why an injured Peter needs Ben Reilly to take over when Miles is there, and why they had to specifically use the font from the Bendis-Pichelli Ultimate Miles books.