Page 9 of 134 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nah fam.
    As someone who read through the entire clone saga and as someone who is happy that Ben is back if it is at the cost of Peter it's not worth it.
    Also while some may be okay with this the sales at large will drop if Ben is the main in ASM.
    I don't mind giving him a solo but ASM is for Peter.
    It won't be forever. He'll be back by #900. We still don't know what this really is yet. So it is wait and see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well, Peter doesn't really handle it either. He more gets thrown from plot point to plot point.

Miles'll be fine. He has main character status. Main characters are never allowed to be non-functional for long.
    Except he does.He doesn't take care of his mental health but he manages to put his own stuff aside to get the job done.
    As I said Miles just doesn't have what it takes to deal with all that.Peter has been dealing with this stuff for a while and had a harder childhood in general.
    Miles ain't ready.I'm not dissing Miles, most of the people won't be able to deal with what Peter goes through.
    He has the strongest will power and personality to always do (what he thinks is) right.It's even stated in canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It won't be forever. He'll be back by #900. We still don't know what this really is yet. So it is wait and see.
    I can see that but 2 problems.
    Again no Peter even if he is dead or just retired means backlash and people dropping ASM.
    It will just make Ben more hated if he (temporarily)replaced Peter.
    And we just got MJ and Peter engaged(which I predict and this just backs up will happen at the end of Spencer's run) and then this.
    The one thing I see everyone ignore is the Beyond Corp.There are multiversal shenanigans going on and we are ignoring this.
    Like Peter has a run in with these and then gets hurt.Or he works with them or for them.
    We have to wait for todays announcement before we can further speculate.

Amazing Member

I'm really intrigued and am looking forward to reading how things develop.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    I don't really notice usernames but is he talking about how for a bit ben was supposed to be Peter.
    I think my interest all depends on today's announcement.
    Also we are dealing with the multiverse here so it won't surprise me if this isn't our Ben or if the MJ married to Pete isn't from an AU.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Any idea, when we're getting announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd have thought One More Day erased her from existence. I guess I should just say she's dead, though.
    You know that you can have kids outside of wedlock, right? The marriage was erased, but that doesn't mean the pregnancy was, and it's a moot point anyway because she was never born. OMD is the explanation for Annie from Renew Your Vows not being born in 616 though, presumably because Peter and MJ no longer being together prevented that pregnancy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    What do I see? A story I referenced before A Christmas Carol. Kindred is Ghost of Christmas Future and Peter is Scrooge. All OMD is showing Peter the future if he takes the deal and Aunt May lives. That is an easy way to get rid of OMD: It never happened. I found it interesting that Aunt May appears in 874. This is my dream scenario and I hope we get it.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What do I see? A story I referenced before A Christmas Carol. Kindred is Ghost of Christmas Future and Peter is Scrooge. All OMD is showing Peter the future if he takes the deal and Aunt May lives. That is an easy way to get rid of OMD: It never happened. I found it interesting that Aunt May appears in 874. This is my dream scenario and I hope we get it.
    Damn.
    They won't ever do that but a decade of just seeing in the future is a cool idea.
    Again it's along the lines of Ben being the real Peter for a bit and then going back to Peter.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know that you can have kids outside of wedlock, right? The marriage was erased, but that doesn't mean the pregnancy was, and it's a moot point anyway because she was never born. OMD is the explanation for Annie from Renew Your Vows not being born in 616 though, presumably because Peter and MJ no longer being together prevented that pregnancy.
    Was the Kid Annie or Mayday?
    Either way OMD did kill that future kid because Mephisto himself said so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Any idea, when we're getting announcement?
    Today.i would say that at the time when we usually get solicits.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Was the Kid Annie or Mayday?
    Either way OMD did kill that future kid because Mephisto himself said so.
    Well, Mephisto is entirely trustworthy, so I'd definitely take his word for it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Ben Reilly didn't sink the Clone Saga.
    It's chicken-and-egg ain't it? The 2nd Clone Saga was created with the made-up problem that married Spider-Man was an issue and for the solution Kavanagh came up with the idea that the clone from ASM#149
    [a]Didn't die (even if we saw the body dumped in smokestack)
    [b]Was the Peter Parker of AF#15

Which amounted to deleting 20 years of Spider-Man stories (including best-selling and top-charting issues and stories) from continuity.

The poor execution of the Clone Saga derailed their intentions but that's because literally nobody stopped to think of what the story was doing.

Editorial being gimps to the marketing department caused that.
    From what I see, the marketing department was responsible for the things in the 2nd Saga that people like i.e. Ben Reilly as Peter's "brother" and best friend, the Scarlet Spider marketing and the tease of "Is Ben real" or not.

I am not sympathetic to any of the whining and complaints made by Clonistas.

The writers knew where the story was going,...
    They didn't.

Ben may have lasted longer if they had kept Peter and MJ around. As you said, his brotherly relationship with Peter was one of the draw points. But the book had more problems contributing to its loss of sales - 1. Older villains were phased out for new ones that didn't cut the mustard, 2. A new supporting cast that didn't match up to Peter's.
    That comes to the same thing. Ben Reilly failed as protagonist and "original Peter". He failed the purpose for which the character was created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Well, Mephisto is entirely trustworthy, so I'd definitely take his word for it
    Why the hell would he lie about that.
    He wants Peter and MJ to take the deal.
    Lying about this will only discourage them.
    And it's not like they will remember this since Mephisto has no interest in reversing the deal.We know this because he (apparently)doesn't know about Kindred.
    I do hope they address the child.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's chicken-and-egg ain't it? The 2nd Clone Saga was created with the made-up problem that married Spider-Man was an issue and for the solution Kavanagh came up with the idea that the clone from ASM#149
    [a]Didn't die (even if we saw the body dumped in smokestack)
    [b]Was the Peter Parker of AF#15

Which amounted to deleting 20 years of Spider-Man stories (including best-selling and top-charting issues and stories) from continuity.

The poor execution of the Clone Saga derailed their intentions but that's because literally nobody stopped to think of what the story was doing.

From what I see, the marketing department was responsible for the things in the 2nd Saga that people like i.e. Ben Reilly as Peter's "brother" and best friend, the Scarlet Spider marketing and the tease of "Is Ben real" or not.

I am not sympathetic to any of the whining and complaints made by Clonistas.

They didn't.

That comes to the same thing. Ben Reilly failed as protagonist and "original Peter". He failed the purpose for which the character was created.
    I agree.
    I also feel like Ben in a way to similar to pete to be a replacement even if temporary.
    Someone like Kaine makes a lot more sense.
    Miles is also a no-no.