Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2004

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't see that happening or anything indicating Mary Jane will get spider powers. MJ's a capable woman on her and we've seen that in her recent mini and in events of ASM.
    Yeah, she's smart and capable and it seems like she's just going to be taking on a normal guy, so it really doesn't seem that far out of her wheelhouse.

I appreciate just getting an MJ story in Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's smart and capable and it seems like she's just going to be taking on a normal guy, so it really doesn't seem that far out of her wheelhouse.

I appreciate just getting an MJ story in Beyond.
    The biggest Beyond issues are: 1: in the end, will Ben be good or bad? 2: Also this: We know he will have issues with Miles, Otto and ( likely) Felicia. But what about Peter and MJ how will he get along with them?
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-21-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The biggest Beyond issues are: 1: in the end, will Ben be good or bad? 2: Also this: We know he will have issues with Miles, Otto and ( likely) Felicia. But what about Peter and MJ how will he get along with them?
    1)I'm betting good.W/ this and the Ben mini DeMatties and fan reaction to Jackal Ben no way they go the bad route.Mostly he might be unaware and then maybe blackmailed.
    2)I think they'll be fine.Peter and Ben should be the focus IMO, and they seemed to be fine in preview art.MJ showing reservation hopefully, Ben appears and Peter goes down at the same time is way too suspicious.Not hostile, but not welcoming either.

Also I hope they have beyond use some special device to throw Peter in his "coma".We just saw Peter go through hell(literally and figuratively), no way a beating from the U-foes comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I think Dan Slott gave an honest effort to create a new role for Ben in the modern Spidey comics -- because, obviously, Marvel wants as many of their properties to be in use and popular as possible -- but that last attempt (Slott + PAD) showed The Decision-Makers that Ben isn't going to be popular and sustainable if fans aren't supportive of the character's direction. Hopefully this attempt shows Marvel that Ben CAN be a character with staying power, and I think this time Marvel is trying to mold Ben back into his original characterization. So I don't think Ben will become a villain, nor do I think he will be antagonistic towards Peter and MJ.

-Pav, who hopes the brotherly bond is reforged...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    We just saw Peter go through hell(literally and figuratively), no way a beating from the U-foes comes close.
    The solicits literally say "Peter's been through the Sinister War and he's exhausted" and he's been limping away with multiple stab wounds so far, so it might be a sum of all the things.

1)I'm betting good.W/ this and the Ben mini DeMatties and fan reaction to Jackal Ben no way they go the bad route.Mostly he might be unaware and then maybe blackmailed.
    2)I think they'll be fine.Peter and Ben should be the focus IMO, and they seemed to be fine in preview art.MJ showing reservation hopefully, Ben appears and Peter goes down at the same time is way too suspicious.Not hostile, but not welcoming either.

Also I hope they have beyond use some special device to throw Peter in his "coma".We just saw Peter go through hell(literally and figuratively), no way a beating from the U-foes comes close.

The U-Foes? Hmm.. I wonder how they come into play, after being beaten (severely maimed?) by the Hulk.

I wonder how much of X-Ray's radiation blasts Peter can withstand, since his blood is already highly radioactive.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Neither here nor there but it just crossed my mind I hope Mysterio shows up as a villain in Beyond to fight Ben, preferably with a low key reference like "I'm so glad I can go back to just waiting my own TV station again. I spent so many years fixing continuity I need a break."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Neither here nor there but it just crossed my mind I hope Mysterio shows up as a villain in Beyond to fight Ben, preferably with a low key reference like "I'm so glad I can go back to just waiting my own TV station again. I spent so many years fixing continuity I need a break."
    “Fixing continuity” would break the 4th wall too much for me. I don’t want the comic veering into Deadpool territory. Maybe something a bit more low-key or open to interpretation like “I spent so many years fixing all your messes…”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The solicits literally say "Peter's been through the Sinister War and he's exhausted" and he's been limping away with multiple stab wounds so far, so it might be a sum of all the things.
    Except we can see he's swinging around fine in previews.And Peter has a healing factor,
    he was burned alive and healed up completely in a 2-3 days.
    He also healed from tanking reentry(w/ suit but was visibly hurt), taking blasts from Zodiac key, being crushed by a car, etc. in 1 hour.
    He healed from acid burns that blinded him in a few minutes and completely got his vision back in a a little more time.
    He healed from the worst flu a Doctor has seen in minutes.

If even a week(3-5 days is more like it though) has passed he's should be in top shape.

Now if this is right after SW or a 1-2 days, then you're spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The U-Foes? Hmm.. I wonder how they come into play, after being beaten (severely maimed?) by the Hulk.

I wonder how much of X-Ray's radiation blasts Peter can withstand, since his blood is already highly radioactive.
    I think w/ Beyond resources they can patch them up pretty quick, maybe even give them upgrades.
    I just don't see U-foes doing this tbh. Those 30-40 villains far outclass U-foes and he was still jumping around them till the very end, that was after Kindred's physical and mental torture.Moreover Morlun himself is a more of a threat than U-foes.
    Also it's very lame to "coma" him via U-foes, no connections at all.Using them as a cover is cool, and maybe(hopefully) they have a twist in the waiting.

Could you elaborate on the x-ray blasts, we have seen peter has radioactive resistance, if anything he would be well suited to radiation based attacks IMO.

And also just shown that all damage from fight(win or lose) he does take should not be a problem w/ his healing factor.So I'm still not seeing why he needs bed-rest or is in a coma by this, we've seen him beat/ fight worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I think Dan Slott gave an honest effort to create a new role for Ben in the modern Spidey comics -- because, obviously, Marvel wants as many of their properties to be in use and popular as possible -- but that last attempt (Slott + PAD) showed The Decision-Makers that Ben isn't going to be popular and sustainable if fans aren't supportive of the character's direction. Hopefully this attempt shows Marvel that Ben CAN be a character with staying power, and I think this time Marvel is trying to mold Ben back into his original characterization. So I don't think Ben will become a villain, nor do I think he will be antagonistic towards Peter and MJ.

-Pav, who hopes the brotherly bond is reforged...
    I agree. At most he will assume Beyond is above board, but then will learn he was being used/duped. He will then set out to rectify his mistake by working with Peter (who will be targeted by Beyond who wants him out of the way). At the end Ben will realize he made a huge mistake and will go on a mission of atonement.

This whole exercise is being done to redeem Ben as a character/property. You can't achieve that if you have him acting as a villain. Besides, they've just done that and it didn't work. My hope is Ben decides to relocate at the end or goes on a cross country road trip. Meeting people and saving them before settling in a new locale.

Astonishing Member

Except we can see he's swinging around fine in previews.And Peter has a healing factor,
    he was burned alive and healed up completely in a 2-3 days.
    He also healed from tanking reentry(w/ suit but was visibly hurt), taking blasts from Zodiac key, being crushed by a car, etc. in 1 hour.
    He healed from acid burns that blinded him in a few minutes and completely got his vision back in a a little more time.
    He healed from the worst flu a Doctor has seen in minutes.

If even a week(3-5 days is more like it though) has passed he's should be in top shape.

Now if this is right after SW or a 1-2 days, then you're spot on.

I think w/ Beyond resources they can patch them up pretty quick, maybe even give them upgrades.
    I just don't see U-foes doing this tbh. Those 30-40 villains far outclass U-foes and he was still jumping around them till the very end, that was after Kindred's physical and mental torture.Moreover Morlun himself is a more of a threat than U-foes.
    Also it's very lame to "coma" him via U-foes, no connections at all.Using them as a cover is cool, and maybe(hopefully) they have a twist in the waiting.

Could you elaborate on the x-ray blasts, we have seen peter has radioactive resistance, if anything he would be well suited to radiation based attacks IMO.

And also just shown that all damage from fight(win or lose) he does take should not be a problem w/ his healing factor.So I'm still not seeing why he needs bed-rest or is in a coma by this, we've seen him beat/ fight worse.
    The U-foes have to be a red herring. Didn't the solicits for 76/77 say that Ben has to take down the villain who did the unthinkable to Peter? We see a robotic arm. The image matches none of the U-foes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The U-foes have to be a red herring. Didn't the solicits for 76/77 say that Ben has to take down the villain who did the unthinkable to Peter? We see a robotic arm. The image matches none of the U-foes.
    "The unthinkable has happened. Zeb Wells and Patrick Gleason will remind you why you love (and hate) comics."

"Kelly Thompson and Sara Pichelli pick up the baton to define this new era for Spider-Man. The Beyond Corporation has retuned and this is your chance to meet the people who’ve brought you the new (and improved) Spider-Man. There’s a target on Spider-Man’s back and one of his classic villains is out for blood."

Maybe the target on Spider-man's back in the solicit is what took Peter down, otherwise nothing in these.Got these from Leagueofcomicgeeks btw, it's a great site to see all the previews and upcoming comics and some opinions on them in commments(not a lot of people but most of them seem to know there stuff).I really do need to make an account there

Extraordinary Member

Re-reading Non-stop for feats and came across a Beyond reference.
    Spidey is attacked by these super smart tech enhanced goons and they have Beyond tm Katanas.Spidey even points out that they do.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Doesn't that robotic arm belong to Mendell Stromm...don't you think?

Unless it's Deathlok

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So spider-man group editor Nick Lowe confirmed in the back of ASM 74 that the Beyond era will last for 6 months, that means we should have 18 issues and that's not counting the .Bey issues they are doing.