Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2004
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So spider-man group editor Nick Lowe confirmed in the back of ASM 74 that the Beyond era will last for 6 months, that means we should have 18 issues and that's not counting the .Bey issues they are doing.
    October will keep me busy: Start of Islanders Season, Penn State and ( hopefully) Yankee Playoff Games ( Steelers suck this year so limited NFL), but after the massive disappointment called Spencer’s run ( especially ASM 874), I am looking forward to a change of pace with Ben Reilly. I miss seeing bad guys ( and gals) get theirs and I miss humor. If those things happen: I will be onboard if not, count me out.

Incredible Member

So spider-man group editor Nick Lowe confirmed in the back of ASM 74 that the Beyond era will last for 6 months, that means we should have 18 issues and that's not counting the .Bey issues they are doing.

So it's a little bit shorter then what most people were speculating which was around 25 issues i believe. So long as Ben isn't portrayed as a complete putz throughout this and comes out of this with a clear direction for more frequent appearances going forward i'll be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    So it's a little bit shorter then what most people were speculating which was around 25 issues i believe. So long as Ben isn't portrayed as a complete putz throughout this and comes out of this with a clear direction for more frequent appearances going forward i'll be satisfied.
    I'm a bit surprised it's that short given the number of writers.

This does actually make sense.

Marvel gets to promote the new post-Beyond creative team, and they can build up to Issue 900, rather than the sense of an unearned anniversary issue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Which makes sense because it was apparent Spider-Man Beyond was there was to fast track towards issue #900 and Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary. It also suggest that around ASM #93 or #94, lead up towards issue #900 will be a multi-part story arc all about the return of Peter as Spider-Man and won't have that "Spider-Man Beyond" label.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Saw a comment on the hilarity of doing a “corporate owned Spider-Man” arc given how Spencer’s run ends. Gave me a grim chuckle at least lol. Dunno if I’ll keep reading, never read Clone Saga and have no attachment to Ben besides being a Mayday fan and he being the source for her costume.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Saw a comment on the hilarity of doing a “corporate owned Spider-Man” arc given how Spencer’s run ends. Gave me a grim chuckle at least lol. Dunno if I’ll keep reading, never read Clone Saga and have no attachment to Ben besides being a Mayday fan and he being the source for her costume.
    Probably a lot of fun at corporations and "executive meddling" you can make there, although with the Beyond setup I'm kind of hoping they deconstruct the whole "Superhero support staff" concept.

Gotta hand it to the Beyond staff, they really indulged long time readers with that Janine backup story.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Gotta hand it to the Beyond staff, they really indulged long time readers with that Janine backup story.
    So Ben has his own MJ? And she’s named “Janine”? that’s a little on the nose. Have Janine and MJ met?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

So Ben has his own MJ? And she’s named “Janine”? that’s a little on the nose. Have Janine and MJ met?
    The only similarity is they’re both redheads. I realize it’s a relatively rare hair color, but what’s their similarities beyond that?

And no, they haven’t met.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The only similarity is they’re both redheads. I realize it’s a relatively rare hair color, but what’s their similarities beyond that?

No clue, never read Clone Saga or any of Ben’s stuff. Just surprised that they’d give their replacement Spidey a LI that would be similar to MJ in any way. Going back and forth on whether or not I want to stick with Beyond given how Spencer ended. I really love Zub’s Hellions so I may give it a try.

Extraordinary Member

Some panels I've seen from her are waiting at the window and saying Ben looks great in tights, so I'd say that's pretty MJ.Although there can be world's of difference aside from this.She clearly has a fanbase so I take it she's a good character and I'm glad she's back.

Extraordinary Member

No clue, never read Clone Saga or any of Ben’s stuff. Just surprised that they’d give their replacement Spidey a LI that would be similar to MJ in any way. Going back and forth on whether or not I want to stick with Beyond given how Spencer ended. I really love Zub’s Hellions so I may give it a try.
    Same,Hellions has been on point.But Zub will write like 1 in 5 issues, which makes me think quality will be wonky at best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Some panels I've seen from her are waiting at the window and saying Ben looks great in tights, so I'd say that's pretty MJ.Although there can be world's of difference aside from this.She clearly has a fanbase so I take it she's a good character and I'm glad she's back.
    She seems to suffer from PTSD due to her abuse, so that adds an extra layer to her character. We’ll see how she’s handled in Beyond.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd say give it a chance. Literally starts next week, so you should tell pretty quick if it'll be worth your time.

Extraordinary Member

She seems to suffer from PTSD due to her abuse, so that adds an extra layer to her character. We’ll see how she’s handled in Beyond.
    That's very much MJ, I was about to edit that in.But people have said she's different so I'm sure she is, we'll have to wait and see.Hopefully she doesn't say go get'em tiger because that would shut this discussion down real quick.

I'd say give it a chance. Literally starts next week, so you should tell pretty quick if it'll be worth your time.
    Yeah, the first few issues will have weight.It's the november(Kraven/Morbius)/ december(Spider-man "return", Ock and miles) solicits on which atleast I will base my desicions.Usually ASM is an auto-buy for me but it's just too expensive to afford specially after 3 years of Spencer.He has a great hook in character writing and OMD,etc.The hook here is Ben which I don't have nostalgia for so buying it is going to have to be on merit of writing which there are like 3-5 writers so probably going to have to check reviews before for each one.