Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2004
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not see that happening. My own prediction is OMD will go away on ASM 1000, and possibly they will retire Peter and send Miles to Amazing.
    Peter will never retire and Miles will never inherit Amazing...Miles is fine and all but people buy ASM or any Spider-Man to read about Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I've read a theory somewhere that I think is plausible (i.e. can actually happen) even if I am certain I will dislike it should it actually happen.

Basically, Ben/Janine in BEYOND will get married at the end and Mephisto's vision is in fact their kid, that the BEYOND series ends with Ben as the married Spider-Man retired to Portland, as part of Marvel's tendency to parcel out Spider-Man's development to other characters.

Since BND, Marvel has siphoned stuff that happened with Peter to other characters consistently. So it might be how BEYOND plays out. Complete with Ben proposing to Janine using the ring in Spencer's continuity.

Marvel will also sell Peter becoming "Uncle" to Ben and Janine's kid as the 'natural progression'. Heck it might even be retconned in that Janine already has a child since her long absence and that over the course of BEYOND Ben learns this.

Peter can't have a kid out of wedlock but Ben Reilly can maybe, and it ends with Peter becoming "Uncle" which Marvel will sell as a natural progression.

I can basically hear the self-congratulation already. Complete with a feint of Peter proposing to MJ but at the last moment he gives the ring to Ben and they get married.

Marvel will sell this as the OMD resolution and say they've laid the marriage question to rest this way.
    The rage that would erupt because of this would be amazing, but nah I can’t see that happening.
    I do not see that happening. My own prediction is OMD will go away on ASM 1000, and possibly they will retire Peter and send Miles to Amazing.
    They’ll never retire Peter man, and I don’t ever see Miles taking ASM. Peter’s too important to the bottom line in terms of sales.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

well I read lost years and redemption. Kaine is a weird dude. Like he has so much beef with Ben but not Peter is interesting to me
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well I read lost years and redemption. Kaine is a weird dude. Like he has so much beef with Ben but not Peter is interesting to me

His hatred towards Ben was from the mistaken belief that he was the real PP. He didn't have any real hatred towards Peter because he thought he was a clone who had actually built a life for himself with friends and family.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I do not see that happening. My own prediction is OMD will go away on ASM 1000
    Yeah, I'm more or less on the same board. They're still piling on the whole "Peter feels like he doesn't belong because he's not married and has no kids" angle, from his "vent at imaginary Kindred" issue and Gage's backup in #74.

And even the usual corporate PR armchair sites are picking up on #74 alluding to Mayday and talking about Peter and MJ needing to score a win against Mephisto. They're pretty much setting the scene to do the whole nine yards.

But they're just going to take their sweet time because god damn it, "it goes away on an issue with two pretty zeroes at the end or not at all, so help me God!".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Yeah, I'm more or less on the same board. They're still piling on the whole "Peter feels like he doesn't belong because he's not married and has no kids" angle, from his "vent at imaginary Kindred" issue and Gage's backup in #74.

And even the usual corporate PR armchair sites are picking up on #74 alluding to Mayday and talking about Peter and MJ needing to score a win against Mephisto. They're pretty much setting the scene to do the whole nine yards.

But they're just going to take their sweet time because god damn it, "it goes away on an issue with two pretty zeroes at the end or not at all, so help me God!".
    How far out does that put us though for 1000? Their triple shipping to goose it to 900 already and it seems weird to do that for 1000 when the doing it now for the movie would’ve made way more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    How far out does that put us though for 1000? Their triple shipping to goose it to 900 already and it seems weird to do that for 1000 when the doing it now for the movie would’ve made way more sense.
    I don't think it has to be 1000 exactly, I don't doubt they do it for 900 (it's what I meant by "more or less the same board"). Given they said Beyond lasts 6 months we'll be around 893 by April. Then it's probably defaulting to twice monthly again. OR they can do it once monthly if they do it for 900, about seven months for preparation for some "Peter Parker returns!" kinda thing.

If they keep it double shipping and want to try the brass ring for #1000, then we're about 53 months away. And I think by that point even the people who humored Kindred for long as he lasted would have checked out. But hey, the fact they [Marvel] let the bit play as long as it did and regard #74 as some sort of satisfying conclusion regardless, no one can rule that out!

But I'd still be betting more on #900.
    Last edited by IamnotJudasTraveller; 09-30-2021 at 05:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    For ASM#1000, Peter turns 30. It serves as a mirror to ASM#500 "Happy Birthday" and it's a kind of point-of-no return milestone that will mean something. First 1000 issues Peter turns 30, half his life as Peter, half his life as Spider-Man.

Or at least that's how it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    For ASM#1000, Peter turns 30. It serves as a mirror to ASM#500 "Happy Birthday" and it's a kind of point-of-no return milestone that will mean something. First 1000 issues Peter turns 30, half his life as Peter, half his life as Spider-Man.

Or at least that's how it could be.
    that would be cool. 15 years of amazing adventures

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    His hatred towards Ben was from the mistaken belief that he was the real PP. He didn't have any real hatred towards Peter because he thought he was a clone who had actually built a life for himself with friends and family.
    Idk Kaine based on these stories knows that he is a clone not the real PP. Guess he is just mad that Ben is the more stabilized clone compared to him who had that degeneration issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Idk Kaine based on these stories knows that he is a clone not the real PP. Guess he is just mad that Ben is the more stabilized clone compared to him who had that degeneration issue
    Kaine always knew he was a clone, but because of the switcheroo he was confused on who was the real Peter Parker. He thought Ben was it and wanted to protect Peter since he viewed him as a clone as well but that managed to get everything in life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Kaine always knew he was a clone, but because of the switcheroo he was confused on who was the real Peter Parker. He thought Ben was it and wanted to protect Peter since he viewed him as a clone as well but that managed to get everything in life.
    This is correct. Then when he came back in 2009 during the Raptor storyline, he no longer liked Peter now knowing he was the original (he eventually got over that resentment, and now is the morally flawed, but remorseful antihero we know today… and he kinda dislikes both Ben and Peter, but tolerates and co-exists with them for now).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This is correct. Then when he came back in 2009 during the Raptor storyline, he no longer liked Peter now knowing he was the original (he eventually got over that resentment, and now is the morally flawed, but remorseful antihero we know today… and he kinda dislikes both Ben and Peter, but tolerates and co-exists with them for now).
    Well, he kind of idolized a romanticized version of Ben during his volume of Scarlet Spider. That really only changed once Ben came back as the Jackal during Clone Conspiracy. And the Ben tried to murder him at the end of BR:SS under PAD's pen, but Kaine seemed to be over it by Spidergeddon. Or at least mature enough not to return the favor during the crisis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Well, he kind of idolized a romanticized version of Ben during his volume of Scarlet Spider. That really only changed once Ben came back as the Jackal during Clone Conspiracy. And the Ben tried to murder him at the end of BR:SS under PAD's pen, but Kaine seemed to be over it by Spidergeddon. Or at least mature enough not to return the favor during the crisis.

Yeah they didn't really interact in any meaningful way during Spidergeddon. I think even though Ben knows he's in a better headspace he's still very much an unknown entity to anyone who knew him as the Jackal during Clone Conspiracy.

Also i doubt Kaine will be so quick to believe Ben isn't a jerk anymore after Ben left him in a bad way him at the end of PAD's SS.

Astonishing Member

Spidergeddon read like Scarlet Spider #24-25 never happened, and I’m all too happy to pretend it didn’t happen either.