Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2004
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    Peter will never retire and Miles will never inherit Amazing...Miles is fine and all but people buy ASM or any Spider-Man to read about Peter
    Quoted for truth.

Speaking of Kaine, I mean...he does kind of have to show up in this at some point, right?

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Well, he kind of idolized a romanticized version of Ben during his volume of Scarlet Spider. That really only changed once Ben came back as the Jackal during Clone Conspiracy. And the Ben tried to murder him at the end of BR:SS under PAD's pen, but Kaine seemed to be over it by Spidergeddon. Or at least mature enough not to return the favor during the crisis.
    Kaine at that time felt that he didn't deserve the name Scarlet Spider, that's why he idolized both Ben and Peter, somehow he wanted to be like them. Then came Clone Conspiracy and a mentally broken Ben for all his deaths, Kaine at those times didn't look at Ben the same way for all the things he did, and what happened in BR:SS seemed fair to me, considering all the things Kaine has done to Ben throughout his life.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of Kaine, I mean...he does kind of have to show up in this at some point, right?
    I don't want him to show up right away. Let Ben and his supporting cast, Pete, May and MJ have the spotlight if that's how it's going to play out.

But if Kaine doesn't show up at some point? Yeah, I'll be disappointed. Ben and Kaine have too much history and baggage not to mention it and do SOMETHING with it.

I don't want, or need it to be a big part of the story or a huge plot point. But I feel like it has to happen somewhere.

I don't want him to show up right away. Let Ben and his supporting cast, Pete, May and MJ have the spotlight if that's how it's going to play out.

But if Kaine doesn't show up at some point? Yeah, I'll be disappointed. Ben and Kaine have too much history and baggage not to mention it and do SOMETHING with it.

I don't want, or need it to be a big part of the story or a huge plot point. But I feel like it has to happen somewhere.
    I'm just thinking to myself that we haven't seen Kaine in years and now, with Ben being Spidey again, he's the sole Scarlet Spider.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed, it has to happen.Just hoping he's actually a big chunk of it.

Ben supporting cast is just Janine and the Beyond team.
    May and Ock being reunited and the description scares me, they better not do that.May shouldn't take much time and Ock seems like Ben's enemy in this,
    Peter and MJ is tricky, because aside from all that has happened in Spencer's run we also know she's knows something and wanted to tell Peter.When will they do this.Not to mention his recovery.
    If they have time to Jam Miles in there, Kaine can fit in IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Spidergeddon read like Scarlet Spider #24-25 never happened, and I’m all too happy to pretend it didn’t happen either.
    Aside from fixing Ben's mind and making him Spider-Man again, ignoring the BR:SS ending is the best thing that happened to his character since his return. I only wish now that someone would retcon the Clone Conspiracy (that it was Spidercide and the real Ben came back in SpiderGeddon due to some magic soul stuff etc). I know it doesn't make sense, but I don't care.
    He is fixed now, thank god, but the stinky scent of Clone Conspiracy is not going anywhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Aside from fixing Ben's mind and making him Spider-Man again, ignoring the BR:SS ending is the best thing that happened to his character since his return. I only wish now that someone would retcon the Clone Conspiracy (that it was Spidercide and the real Ben came back in SpiderGeddon due to some magic soul stuff etc). I know it doesn't make sense, but I don't care.
    He is fixed now, thank god, but the stinky scent of Clone Conspiracy is not going anywhere.
    Is there any explanation given for Clone Conspiracy?
    And how did they fix him after?Read Spider-geddon once and I can't do it again.

If they fixed him, and he wasn't what... in his right mind or something then maybe they can finally tell us why he thought was a good idea.And it's kinda like his fear to not be driven to that again, I mean he does have Janine as well.

When was the last time that we saw him?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Amazing Member

In Spider-Geddon

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    Peter will never retire and Miles will never inherit Amazing...Miles is fine and all but people buy ASM or any Spider-Man to read about Peter
    If im being honest Im just reading about Peter adventures in the suit these days im starting to not care about the Peter Parker half as much anymore. He aint giving me much to care about when he isnt Superheroing. As long as the suit is red and blue you will continue to have my cash
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    If im being honest Im just reading about Peter adventures in the suit these days im starting to not care about the Peter Parker half as much anymore. He aint giving me much to care about when he isnt Superheroing. As long as the suit is red and blue you will continue to have my cash
    Then you are in the minority from everything I've seen on here and other sites, most fans(ones not on sites and just read comics) aren't that invested to the point of being burned out anyways.And Miles has comics you can read, as someone who has read every single one of them(all his solo runs) they aren't half as good as Peter's on avg.And Miles's has no high points of note whereas Peter has several.Miles in comics is so avg.(he's not bad, just so boring) I'd rather read Slott Peter, Post-superior Slott Peter.

And as stated, he does have his own comics.Buy them, we replaced Peter w/ Superior and now Ben.From 60th aniversary onwards let stick to Peter.

Not saying you can't get burned of Peter, I do too.But Spider-man and specially Peter only works because of the life of Peter.There are a multitude of comics to read when bored w/ Peter(usually space it in w/ some DD run.Snyder's Batman run is great as well.I'd say read some Hickman's Avengers and FF, all these gave me what I need when I was tired of Peter).

Main point is ASM has a classic traits that only Peter provides, and when anyone is burned out by said traits then we should read other characters/comics instead of replacing the ones other still like.Miles in particular has a lot in common w/ Peter but worse and in their differences , Peter is usually better.

Someone like Ock I get, he's a very different take.Ben is still in the same line as too similar to Pete but w/ Beyond and all that premise makes for a change of pace.No one has too agree but I'd like to know the things that Miles does better than Peter for them.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-01-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda around those lenghts myself. Marvel didn't want to move forward with moving Peter in life with having him have a child if they're SO insistent on Aunt May being nearly a cosmic abstract that can not die, so some crazy playings on the lore front more or less fit the bill for me. If they bother to get Peter and MJ together again with a child (Mayday would be icing on the cake but I'm not delusional) then it'll feel like they finally decided to unpause his character growth from when I first dropped Spidey comics post-Clone Saga. Because having them be married and just always overcome whatever hardships laid in front of them? It's not bad but we've seen that countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda around those lenghts myself. Marvel didn't want to move forward with moving Peter in life with having him have a child if they're SO insistent on Aunt May being nearly a cosmic abstract that can not die, so some crazy playings on the lore front more or less fit the bill for me. If they bother to get Peter and MJ together again with a child (Mayday would be icing on the cake but I'm not delusional) then it'll feel like they finally decided to unpause his character growth from when I first dropped Spidey comics post-Clone Saga. Because having them be married and just always overcome whatever hardships laid in front of them? It's not bad but we've seen that countless times.
    feels like Peter has suffer all the hardships imaginable
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is there any explanation given for Clone Conspiracy?
    And how did they fix him after?Read Spider-geddon once and I can't do it again.

If they fixed him, and he wasn't what... in his right mind or something then maybe they can finally tell us why he thought was a good idea.And it's kinda like his fear to not be driven to that again, I mean he does have Janine as well.
    Only official explanation(s) so far is/are what was given in Clone Conspiracy itself. That dying so many times (27?-ish) drove Ben mad and/or that the clone degeneration affecting his new bodies did the same. BR:SS posited that dying repeatedly broke Ben's soul, and that just one more death and resurrection would blacken it completely, which is at least implied to mean that he will become a homocidal sociopath. A fate he suffered in BR:SS #25 and which has never been mentioned since.

The clone degeneration driving one mad is the same explanation given for Kaine's villainy, as once it was cured in Spider-Island he was much more mentally stable. But then still later, during his Scarlet Spider run, the degeneration was revealed to still be present, just held back by The Other. Once Kaine lost the Other the degeneration returned, but he seems unaffected by it mentally thus far. So not sure if that explanation still flies in any event.

Spider-Geddon wrote it off in Ben by having Ben sacrifice his life one more time, this time for the good of others, and then being revived a final time by Inheritor cloning tech, which is said to be explicitly better than the Jackals, and the new body "being reset to factory settings." Which has so far been unmentioned as well, but certainly seems to imply that Ben is back to his usual self and that his body is no longer degenerating. That's it. Just one line to put the toys back in the box. This potentially accounts for the degeneration explanation, but does nothing for healing Ben's mind.

To be frank, I think there is a story there if anybody wants to tell it someday. I think you could do it easily if you wanted to: Jackal tinkered with Ben's genetic makeup when he revived him the first time (following his death in SM#75). And with each subsequent death and resurrection whatever flaw Jackal introduced got worse and worse. The "blackening" that Death saw wasn't just a metaphysical death of Ben's soul, but an actual literal corruption of his body and mind. Now, you could either make this a Jackal screw up, or you could make it his evil plan. Maybe he's over-writing Ben's genome in some sinister way Superior Scarlet Spider style? Either way, the death and rebirth in BR:SS#25 is the tipping point, at which point Ben's true self is essentially overwritten almost completely. But Ben breaks through during Spider-Geddon, makes his last heroic sacrifice, and the Inheritor tech simply fixes whatever the flaw was and returns Ben to 100% pure Parker DNA. Purges whatever filth snuck in there, as it were. That's my head-canon for now, anyhow. We'll see if Beyond chooses to address any of the BR:SS or Spider-Geddon developments at all.