Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2004
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's not a question about it being a bad retcon, it's just impossible because there's literally nowhere to insert it.

Any retcon to make sense needs at least some freedom of movement to inject itself in continuity. In this case, every panel of Gwen in ASM#121 showed her as unconscious during that entire fight. There's no room at all for her to attain consciousness in that scene.

The only way it works is if you accept Clone Conspiracy's art as a truer representation than ASM#121-122 and that's just not gonna ever happen. The latter is a classic and historical storyline, the former is a lame faux-nostalgia event.
    I agree with you, but to play devil’s advocate, it wouldn’t be unprecedented. The art from #121-122 has been toyed with in newer stories/ flashbacks at times to replace the Brooklyn Bridge with the George Washington Bridge (this is due to the narrative confusion of Peter saying Goblin took Gwen to the GWB, though the art depicted it as Brooklyn Bridge… although nowadays, consensus has settled on it being depicted as Brooklyn Bridge).

so what is Ben's relationship with Theresa going to be? Is she canonized as Peter's real sister at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is Ben's relationship with Theresa going to be? Is she canonized as Peter's real sister at this point?
    Is not confirmed, but Peter and Teresa see eacth other as siblings so it doesn't matter. Still, unless Teresa has been announced in one of the solicits recently, i don't see her appearing in this story.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Chameleon Conspiracy made her being Peter's sister become a big "maybe, maybe not" situation.

As for a possible relationship with Ben, who knows, she barely showed up in ASM as is and only really interacted with Peter, although her learning that Peter has clones (Assuming she doesn't know about that), could be funny, also possibly make her panic since she doesn't know what she is and could wonder if she's a clone too lol.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is not confirmed, but Peter and Teresa see eacth other as siblings so it doesn't matter. Still, unless Teresa has been announced in one of the solicits recently, i don't see her appearing in this story.
    I'll always find it weird that Peter kept treating her like a sister despite not being sure of it during Zdarsky's run lol.

But yeah, whether or not she really is, only really affects her, Peter doesn't care, while Teresa cares about it so much she decided to not confirm and is gonna live as a Parker, not confirming if she really is one.

Wonder if we'll learn that a fake sister was part of Harry's plans... Motherfucker's like Thawne without time traveling lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-05-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Chameleon Conspiracy made her being Peter's sister become a big "maybe, maybe not" situation.

As for a possible relationship with Ben, who knows, she barely showed up in ASM as is and only really interacted with Peter, although her learning that Peter has clones (Assuming she doesn't know about that), could be funny, also possibly make her panic since she doesn't know what she is and could wonder if she's a clone too lol.

Edit:

I'll always find it weird that Peter kept treating her like a sister despite not being sure of it during Zdarsky's run lol.

But yeah, whether or not she really is, only really affects her, Peter doesn't care, while Teresa cares about it so much she decided to not confirm and is gonna live as a Parker, not confirming if she really is one.

Wonder if we'll learn that a fake sister was part of Harry's plans... Motherfucker's like Thawne without time traveling lol.
    It was, i finally finished Zardasky Spec run by the way, it was fine, thought the Sadman story was meh and the first arc sucked and i don't buy Peter's reasoning for unmasking to Jonah, but the rest was fairly enjoyable, it was fun to see Peter interact with his younger self and i like the conclusion with the alien invasion, plus the documental was nice. I did also read the tie-in to Spider-Geddon, it was funny to see Morlun loose like that. I'm still pretty indiferend Teresa, but if i had to give an explanation for why Peter treat her like that, is probably a combination of seeing that she clearly wants to be part of the family and it is not easy and that maybe he feels like she is a connection to his deceased parents, i know that i kind of streching it, but it is what i think.

"It was me, Peter!".
    I'm sure that Harry's AI just become Harry himself at his most crazy and organized this without no one's input, like that Tony Stark hologram from Secret Empire lol. Blue Hologram Goblin is the future, it will become the new Green Goblin 2099 and Miguel new nemesis.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Beyond has been confirmed to be 19 issues/parts.
    I'm assuming this is just the main number issues although the usage of the term parts may mean the .BEY issues are included.
    So that's 6 more months at max, could be less.
    Then we'll the lead up to 900 and the 60th aniversary.Really hope it's worth the wait and Peter shines through.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-06-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

An aside, but.BEY is funny thing to read because I cannot think of bey as in Beyonce or bey as in baby, darling, or sweety. Lol

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Beyond has been confirmed to be 19 issues/parts.
    I'm assuming this is just the main number issues although the usage of the term parts may mean the .BEY issues are included.
    So that's 6 more months at max, could be less.
    Then we'll the lead up to 900 and the 60th aniversary.Really hope it's worth the wait and Peter shines through.
    Yes, it's probably worth waiting for Peter's anniversary again, to see him suffer again, to humiliate him again and make him miserable again, in extreme cases to kill him again if necessary, It will be a sight to see.
    Last edited by The Black Death; 10-06-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It was, i finally finished Zardasky Spec run by the way, it was fine, thought the Sadman story was meh and the first arc sucked and i don't buy Peter's reasoning for unmasking to Jonah, but the rest was fairly enjoyable, it was fun to see Peter interact with his younger self and i like the conclusion with the alien invasion, plus the documental was nice. I did also read the tie-in to Spider-Geddon, it was funny to see Morlun loose like that. I'm still pretty indiferend Teresa, but if i had to give an explanation for why Peter treat her like that, is probably a combination of seeing that she clearly wants to be part of the family and it is not easy and that maybe he feels like she is a connection to his deceased parents, i know that i kind of streching it, but it is what i think.

"It was me, Peter!".
    I'm sure that Harry's AI just become Harry himself at his most crazy and organized this without no one's input, like that Tony Stark hologram from Secret Empire lol. Blue Hologram Goblin is the future, it will become the new Green Goblin 2099 and Miguel new nemesis.
    The robot-alien invasion arc concluding as it did made sense to me juxtaposed with Peter willingly unmasking to Jonah. Like Jonah, the Tinkerer was at the end of his rope, with nothing but hate and anger to keep him going after losing everyone and everything he held dear, which drove him to willingly unleash alien robots on Earth as an act of revenge on everyone he blamed and hated (humankind and superheroes as a whole). Like Jonah, Peter ended up sharing deeply of himself to Tinkerer in order to dissuade him from his destructive path, with his memories that the Tinkerer saw showing him that there was still hope for something better than the endless cycle of conflict between them. In that sense, at least for me, it worked.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The robot-alien invasion arc concluding as it did made sense to me juxtaposed with Peter willingly unmasking to Jonah. Like Jonah, the Tinkerer was at the end of his rope, with nothing but hate and anger to keep him going after losing everyone and everything he held dear, which drove him to willingly unleash alien robots on Earth as an act of revenge on everyone he blamed and hated (humankind and superheroes as a whole). Like Jonah, Peter ended up sharing deeply of himself to Tinkerer in order to dissuade him from his destructive path, with his memories that the Tinkerer saw showing him that there was still hope for something better than the endless cycle of conflict between them. In that sense, at least for me, it worked.
    I get what Zardasky was going for, i just don't buy it, especially because Jonah has prove plenty of times to be not worth trusting regarding his secret many times, plus he hasn't lost everything, he still has his son, Peter trying to call John to help him with Jonah would have been far more understandable.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I get what Zardasky was going for, i just don't buy it, especially because Jonah has prove plenty of times to be not worth trusting regarding his secret many times, plus he hasn't lost everything, he still has his son, Peter trying to call John to help him with Jonah would have been far more understandable.
    That's a fair point, though given John's Man-Wolf issues . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It was, i finally finished Zardasky Spec run by the way, it was fine,
    It certainly did not start out fine, the first four issues, man... Kinda surprising Zdarsky managed to make it stop being garbage so fast lol.

thought the Sadman story was meh
    The art didn't help.

and the first arc sucked and i don't buy Peter's reasoning for unmasking to Jonah,
    At the very least, Peter himself wonders if he should've done that afterwards, seems he got caught in the moment.

but the rest was fairly enjoyable, it was fun to see Peter interact with his younger self and i like the conclusion with the alien invasion, plus the documental was nice.
    I find the documentary to be funny because Slott's ASM#801 came out at around the same time, yet Slott's story was hella basic while Zdarsky's seems like it understands Spider-Man as a character more, despite Zdarsky writing only 21 issues lol.

I did also read the tie-in to Spider-Geddon, it was funny to see Morlun loose like that.
    And while it's not pointed out on the story, his losing like that makes sense if you remember that JMS run said he had pure animal DNA from many species, so this is another logical weakness Morlum has.

I'm still pretty indiferend Teresa, but if i had to give an explanation for why Peter treat her like that, is probably a combination of seeing that she clearly wants to be part of the family and it is not easy and that maybe he feels like she is a connection to his deceased parents, i know that i kind of streching it, but it is what i think.
    I guess that could be it, still kinda weird Zdarsky made him treat her like that so fast instead of at least waiting a few issues lol.

"It was me, Peter!".
    "Gotcha!" is practically Harry's "It was me Peter!", and he was doing it way before Thawne too lol.

I'm sure that Harry's AI just become Harry himself at his most crazy and organized this without no one's input,
    Considering the amount of bullshit it managed to do, wouldn't be surprised at that.

Kinda funny Harry is at his most competent when he's doing bullshit plans that take years to happen lol.

like that Tony Stark hologram from Secret Empire lol.
    Ah yes, AI Tony, I prefer the Illuminating Comics version where he's femputer with Tony's appearance:

Blue Hologram Goblin is the future, it will become the new Green Goblin 2099 and Miguel new nemesis.
    Maybe they'll retcon AI Harry into being whatever's the 2099 Goblin, heard they did it a bunch of times already, kinda like Hobgoblin lol.

Yeah Civil War did him no favors... Then after Peter revealed his identity to JJ in Zdarsky's run, it screwed him over twice, first, JJ told Spidey's secret identity to the other world's JJ, which is what made Norman learn that Peter is Spidey too early, then, JJ accidentally revealed it to 616 Norman right before Go Down Swinging... So basically, JJ is not trustworthy with this information even if he stops being antagonistic about it lol.

It certainly did not start out fine, the first four issues, man... Kinda surprising Zdarsky managed to make it stop being garbage so fast lol.

The art didn't help.

At the very least, Peter himself wonders if he should've done that afterwards, seems he got caught in the moment.

I find the documentary to be funny because Slott's ASM#801 came out at around the same time, yet Slott's story was hella basic while Zdarsky's seems like it understands Spider-Man as a character more, despite Zdarsky writing only 21 issues lol.

And while it's not pointed out on the story, his losing like that makes sense if you remember that JMS run said he had pure animal DNA from many species, so this is another logical weakness Morlum has.

I guess that could be it, still kinda weird Zdarsky made him treat her like that so fast instead of at least waiting a few issues lol.

"Gotcha!" is practically Harry's "It was me Peter!", and he was doing it way before Thawne too lol.

Considering the amount of bullshit it managed to do, wouldn't be surprised at that.

Kinda funny Harry is at his most competent when he's doing bullshit plans that take years to happen lol.

Ah yes, AI Tony, I prefer the Illuminating Comics version where he's femputer with Tony's appearance:

Maybe they'll retcon AI Harry into being whatever's the 2099 Goblin, heard they did it a bunch of times already, kinda like Hobgoblin lol.

Yeah Civil War did him no favors... Then after Peter revealed his identity to JJ in Zdarsky's run, it screwed him over twice, first, JJ told Spidey's secret identity to the other world's JJ, which is what made Norman learn that Peter is Spidey too early, then, JJ accidentally revealed it to 616 Norman right before Go Down Swinging... So basically, JJ is not trustworthy with this information even if he stops being antagonistic about it lol.
    Oh i know, when i started reading it i was like "if this what people recomend, what were they reading", Zardasky seems to be very mixed in quality, i like the first issue of Life Story, but the stuff that i heard about it after that issue just sounded weird and random, the Ben thing in particular, ugh.

But, yeah is surprising that he turned things around and it gaves us an enjoyable run. Bacalo's artwork drags down every story and makes me less interested in reading it, plus Jenkins did something similar back in the 2000s and it was better. Still i definetly prefer Zardasky voice for Peter over Slott, plus while 801 isn't bad is kind of lame way to end such a long run, then again Going Down Swinging wasn't exactly great either. Still, reading Zardasky had inspired me to read Taylor's FNS and Spencer Superior Foes, so i'll get around those at some point.

Good cacth about Morlun, i have forgotten that. Same with Harry's "Gotcha". Speaking of Harry, isn't kind of amazing that he is a bigger issue death than when he was alive lol.

Lol, i love that explanation, i like to imagine that he is talking with the voice of the Predacon ship from Beast Wars.

I got not idea, my reading of 2099 vol 1 is still stuck in the first issue, everytime that i decide to read it something happens, is annoying.

Jonah Jameson destiny is to screw Peter over, even by when trying to help, Peter should have see it coming lol. But being serious, i guest that getting caught in the moment could serve as a semi decent explanation for the reveal.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Oh i know, when i started reading it i was like "if this what people recomend, what were they reading", Zardasky seems to be very mixed in quality, i like the first issue of Life Story, but the stuff that i heard about it after that issue just sounded weird and random, the Ben thing in particular, ugh.
    Life Story#1 is the best issue, anything after it was whatever.

The way Peter started to become increasingly more asshole didn't help, the 90's issue had Otto doing a test that reveals Peter is the clone, so then Peter lets Ben take over the company, but then it's revealed that Peter did another test that confirmed he was the real one, so he decided to let Ben have the responsibility of being Spider-Man while he gets to live with MJ in the middle of nowhere.

There's also issue of making more than one story arc happen at once, like the 80's issue having symbiote related stuff at the same time as Kraven's Last Hunt, basically too much was happening in one issue at times.

But, yeah is surprising that he turned things around and it gaves us an enjoyable run.
    Yeah I remember seeing some members here talking about Zdarsky's Spectacular being good, and I had dropped it after issue#4, and I was thinking "Are they really talking about that shitty comic I dropped?" Lol.

Bacalo's artwork drags down every story and makes me less interested in reading it, plus Jenkins did something similar back in the 2000s and it was better.
    I feel like I can tolerated Bacalo's stuff after I checked out some Ultimate F4 issues that had an annoyingly high amount of issues where Greg Land was the artist... Felt dirty afterwards.

Still i definetly prefer Zardasky voice for Peter over Slott, plus while 801 isn't bad is kind of lame way to end such a long run, then again Going Down Swinging wasn't exactly great either.
    I have no idea what the hype about GDS was about, it was just alright.

Still, reading Zardasky had inspired me to read Taylor's FNS and Spencer Superior Foes, so i'll get around those at some point.
    I found Taylor's FNS to be kinda boring, I think the MJ issue was nice though.

Good cacth about Morlun, i have forgotten that. Same with Harry's "Gotcha". Speaking of Harry, isn't kind of amazing that he is a bigger issue death than when he was alive lol.
    I think he was watching Star Wars before starting his evil plans, heard Obi-Wan's "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" and thought "Hey now there's an idea..."

Lol, i love that explanation, i like to imagine that he is talking with the voice of the Predacon ship from Beast Wars.
    Dunno what that voice's like, but it'd better be a sexy lady voice .

I got not idea, my reading of 2099 vol 1 is still stuck in the first issue, everytime that i decide to read it something happens, is annoying.
    Sounds like the 90's curse.

Jonah Jameson destiny is to screw Peter over, even by when trying to help, Peter should have see it coming lol.
    Yeah, it's specially funny since both times it was a Norman learning it lol.

But being serious, i guest that getting caught in the moment could serve as a semi decent explanation for the reveal.
    Spectacular#297 kinda suggests this:

"He just seemed so..."

At the end of the day, Spidey is an emotional character, he ends up doing possibly dumb things because he feels that it's right, and then may end up thinking afterwards "Should I have done that?", so that seems to be the case with JJ, he saw that he was still consummed by hate and thought this could end it, can be said that it's a dumb decision pragmatically speaking, but again, Spidey's more of an emotional character.

Life Story#1 is the best issue, anything after it was whatever.

The way Peter started to become increasingly more asshole didn't help, the 90's issue had Otto doing a test that reveals Peter is the clone, so then Peter lets Ben take over the company, but then it's revealed that Peter did another test that confirmed he was the real one, so he decided to let Ben have the responsibility of being Spider-Man while he gets to live with MJ in the middle of nowhere.

There's also issue of making more than one story arc happen at once, like the 80's issue having symbiote related stuff at the same time as Kraven's Last Hunt, basically too much was happening in one issue at times.

Yeah I remember seeing some members here talking about Zdarsky's Spectacular being good, and I had dropped it after issue#4, and I was thinking "Are they really talking about that shitty comic I dropped?" Lol.

I feel like I can tolerated Bacalo's stuff after I checked out some Ultimate F4 issues that had an annoyingly high amount of issues where Greg Land was the artist... Felt dirty afterwards.

I have no idea what the hype about GDS was about, it was just alright.

I found Taylor's FNS to be kinda boring, I think the MJ issue was nice though.

I think he was watching Star Wars before starting his evil plans, heard Obi-Wan's "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" and thought "Hey now there's an idea..."

Dunno what that voice's like, but it'd better be a sexy lady voice .

Sounds like the 90's curse.

Yeah, it's specially funny since both times it was a Norman learning it lol.

Spectacular#297 kinda suggests this:

"He just seemed so..."

At the end of the day, Spidey is an emotional character, he ends up doing possibly dumb things because he feels that it's right, and then may end up thinking afterwards "Should I have done that?", so that seems to be the case with JJ, he saw that he was still consummed by hate and thought this could end it, can be said that it's a dumb decision pragmatically speaking, but again, Spidey's more of an emotional character.
    At some point, i got to finished Life Story just to judge it in the appropiate, but that sounds lame. Is a pitty, because it started with a lot of promise.

Well, anything is better than Land, is a pitty that he appears so much. Taylor tends to be a very safe writter so it doesn't surprised me, because he can get some fun done-in-one stories ocassionally, really he is not suited for long story arcs. Also, what do you think about Superior Foes? Even people that aren't big on Spencer keep recomend it, so it does intrigue me.

I still feel that Peter's fear would make him not trust Jonah at the end, even if he feel tempted about spilling the secret, but as you say, Peter is at the end of the day an emotional characther, heck PAD and Dikto Spider-Man are very much in the "i trust my gut over my brain" kind of people, so i still not completly convinced, but i recognized that is not impossible. Still, it looked kind of bad back then, when you remembered that he didn't tell it to both Felicia and Aunt May

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona