Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
The point of the video (titled "Everyone Always Knew"), though, was that these people didn't change their minds. They knew it was wrong then, and they know it was wrong now.
Well, I think it’s more that they knew then the behavior displayed on the forums was bad. That’s not the same as acknowledging what we all now know as bad.

I don’t know if we can assume that the woman MacDonald is describing in that old article are the same as those who’ve since come out as having been abused by Ellis. May there be some overlap? It seems possible. Should we assume MacDonald would have described them in such a way if she knew of the whole situation? That’s harder to say.

The video that was posted seems to take for granted that these two groups are one and the same. But I don’t know why.

My view on this is to ignore pretty much anything said by others and instead focus on what the parties involved have said. The accounts shared by the So Many of Us group paint a pretty damning picture. But they’ve said they don’t want to see him go away but that they’d rather have a dialogue with him. And Ellis has said he’s culpable. He’s said folks who are defending him should stop. But he’s also reached out.

So the two parties are beginning some kind of discussion. I imagine it’ll be a long and difficult one for all involved. I imagine there will be loud parties online discussing it and damning the “other side”. My hope is all that noise doesn't interfere with whatever discussion is had between the group and Ellis.