Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Warren Ellis and Ben Ben Templesmith's Fell

The return of Fell marks Warren Ellis's first apparent new comic since his fall from grace. Thoughts?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I was a huge, massive Ellis fan. His work meant so much to me, especially as I struggled through personal crises in my 20s and early 30s, and stood in protest against the last two Republican regimes as they aggressively fought against my rights and the rights of those I love. Works like Transmetropolitan and Planetary and Doom 2099 were beacons.

I'll never touch another book of his again.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Incredible Member

Love it. I was afraid he was never gonna finish Fell. Great book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Not going to buy it, not because of Warren's behavior (last time I checked groupies were no crime) just not really into this project.
    Not just "groupies" as you put it - there was at least one person who came forward last year who said after she turned down Ellis (she was married) he damaged her career by telling editors she was difficult to work with. Can't find the tweets so can't link to them.

Mighty Member

Yeah... no, I'm not going to get it.
    Unless he can actually redeem himself and make up for his past actions, I don't want to read whatever creator lead project he is doing.
    If it sounds good, I'll buy it on Ebay in 5 years, give someone else that money besides Ellis.

But, no. I won't be picking it up.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very much looking forward to it. I loved The Batman's Grave and thought The Wild Storm was probably the best book on the stands while it came out, so almost everything Ellis writes is a must-buy from me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Very much looking forward to it. I loved The Batman's Grave and thought The Wild Storm was probably the best book on the stands while it came out, so almost everything Ellis writes is a must-buy from me.
    Yeah, it won't happen, but I wish DC would allow him to continue building out The Wild Storm universe. We got Michael Cray already but I was really looking forward to Wildcats (with an artist that could be on time).

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Yeah, it won't happen, but I wish DC would allow him to continue building out The Wild Storm universe. We got Michael Cray already but I was really looking forward to Wildcats (with an artist that could be on time).
    Yeah, recent controversies aside, The Wild Storm didn't sell nearly well enough to justify the proposed 4 spin-offs Ellis was planning for initially (Michael Cray, Wildcats... and then I guess it would have been Gen13 and The Authority considering how the book concluded). Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Yeah... no, I'm not going to get it.
    Unless he can actually redeem himself and make up for his past actions, I don't want to read whatever creator lead project he is doing.
    If it sounds good, I'll buy it on Ebay in 5 years, give someone else that money besides Ellis.

But, no. I won't be picking it up.
    I'm not sure how does he redeem himself exactly? Most of the people involved probably have moved on. Do any of those women want an apology? Would it change anything for them? Should he donate money to some charity?

Great news, looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure how does he redeem himself exactly? Most of the people involved probably have moved on. Do any of those women want an apology? Would it change anything for them? Should he donate money to some charity?
    He accusers actually laid out exactly what they wanted;

1. Acknowledge his actions in their entirety
    2. Acknowledge his pattern of harmful behavior
    3. Acknowledge that he has callously hurt people
    4. Contribute to transformative work to dismantle the systems which allowed this to go on

https://www.somanyofus.com/

Ellis has burrowed his head in the sand, of course.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    He accusers actually laid out exactly what they wanted;

1. Acknowledge his actions in their entirety
    2. Acknowledge his pattern of harmful behavior
    3. Acknowledge that he has callously hurt people
    4. Contribute to transformative work to dismantle the systems which allowed this to go on

https://www.somanyofus.com/

Ellis has burrowed his head in the sand, of course.
    Just one person's opinion, but his apology already addressed points 1 thru 3. Point 4 is too nebulous and close to gobbledygook to really do anything about it.

Looking forward to this. I enjoyed the first eight issues.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Templesmith's comments on working with Ellis: