Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Incredible Member

Fell is going to sell like gangbusters after all this.

I'm so excited. If you had told me a week ago that Ellis would return soon and then asked me what his first book should be, I would've immediately said, "finishing Fell."

Default Moderation Warning

Please refrain from using derogatory terms when talking about victims of various alleged abuses.
    There are real people involved in these situations, and we are not privy to any details besides those in the many testimonials written. Do not make unfounded assumptions based on preconceived notions when it pertains to sensitive topics.

Leaving this topic open for the time being, but if civil discussion cannot occur it will be closed.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Mighty Member

Looks like damage control. Glad to see they’ve responded however.

Incredible Member

Ellis and Templesmith don't really need Image to publish this. But it does seem like, at least initially, Ellis wants to grovel himself back into good graces (which might not even be possible).

Amazing Member

Guess we can't have nice things.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperMule View Post
    Guess we can't have nice things.
    Oh, I wouldn't say that. Is Warren Ellis never going to write comics again or something?

I think Ellis is going to try appeasement for awhile but then will likely figure out that no amount of appeasement will work. At that point, there's the kickstarter/indiegogo option or perhaps a smaller publisher than one of the Big 3 will take him on.

I believe we will get a finished Fell but maybe after traveling a circuitous path.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't say that. Is Warren Ellis never going to write comics again or something?

I think Ellis is going to try appeasement for awhile but then will likely figure out that no amount of appeasement will work. At that point, there's the kickstarter/indiegogo option or perhaps a smaller publisher than one of the Big 3 will take him on.

I believe we will get a finished Fell but maybe after traveling a circuitous path.
    Sigh. Some thoughts...

This will make the people who were going to get it even more determined to get it.

Make people who would usually pass on this project get it when it comes out just to spite them.

Not one person's opinion changes.

Someone needs to tell them that they are not getting anything other than a non-apology out of this.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Someone needs to tell them that they are not getting anything other than a non-apology out of this.
    I would say the apology linked above is a real one. Here it is again:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sigh. Some thoughts...

This will make the people who were going to get it even more determined to get it.

Make people who would usually pass on this project get it when it comes out just to spite them.

Not one person's opinion changes.
    That is likely true for now and also my prediction for now, BUT I could see Ellis being stupid enough to lose those would-be buyers. If he ends up groveling obsequiously for weeks on end, he will be looked upon with disdain by EVERYONE, not just SOME.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    That is likely true for now and also my prediction for now, BUT I could see Ellis being stupid enough to lose those would-be buyers. If he ends up groveling obsequiously for weeks on end, he will be looked upon with disdain by EVERYONE, not just SOME.
    Maybe he can use his powers of hypnotism?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Or maybe….just maybe….some kind of dialogue can come from this? Maybe him reaching out to the people he’s wronged could be the first step in some actual progress? Something more than folks splitting into two camps and shouting at the other side while performing for those on theirs?

Maybe I’m too optimistic or too middle of the road….but that thought doesn’t seem beyond reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Or maybe….just maybe….some kind of dialogue can come from this? Maybe him reaching out to the people he’s wronged could be the first step in some actual progress? Something more than folks splitting into two camps and shouting at the other side while performing for those on theirs?

Maybe I’m too optimistic or too middle of the road….but that thought doesn’t seem beyond reason.
    Well, according to the SoManyOfUs website, the dialogue has already started after Ellis recently reached out. Let's wait and see what comes of it, I guess.

I would be surprised if this ends in a place where either
    (a) SoManyOfUs forgives Ellis and endorses the resumption of his career as before (not that those women are obligated to do so, of course), or
    (b) Fell gets published under Image

I think Ellis is just going to have to live with being a black sheep of the industry and writing and publishing comics through either crowd-funding or small publishers.