Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default "The DCAU SHOULD Have Been The Blueprint For The DCEU"

Why not the comic books being the blueprint?

I think they could learn from the DCAU but I rather the movies be their own thing.

I hear this talking point come up every so often and it's rather annoying, honestly. The DCAU is overall pretty good but it shouldn’t be held up as this end-all and be-all of DC media. It had it's own list of mishandled characters as Snyder does with Superman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-23-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I hear this talking point come up every so often and it's rather annoying, honestly. The DCAU is overall pretty good but it shouldn’t be held up as this end-all and be-all of DC media. It had it's own list of mishandled characters as Snyder does with Superman.
    Pretty much. And, objectively, the BatGod/Bat wank, can get REALLY bad at times.

Is it a place to look at for inspiration? Sure. Should it be the exact basis? Hell naw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pretty much. And, objectively, the BatGod/Bat wank, can get REALLY bad at times.

Is it a place to look at for inspiration? Sure. Should it be the exact basis? Hell naw.
    That Amanda Waller Bat-wank speech from "Epilogue" still annoys me so much. And I only watched that episode once.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why not the comic books being the blueprint?
    He means the blueprint to adapting the comics DC universe in another medium.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    He means the blueprint to adapting the comics DC universe in another medium.
    Is it any different from what Marvel does but as a show? The success of B:TAS lead to S:TAS and TNBA then the suits wanted a 'teen Batman show' so they made that then the suits liked the Justice League on that show which lead to Justice League and that worked out well enough they expanded it to JLU. Static Shock was successful but needed a boost and instead of creating separate versions of Superman and Batman, they just used the existing versions of Superman, Batman and the Justice League.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd only like the Batman stuff to make it into the films, and even then only parts of it.

The Superman portions of the DCAU had some solid stuff, but nothing that we couldn't get from other, better inspirations, and the rest of it needs a hard pass.

And everything Wonder Woman related is awful, no thank you.