Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How much "spinning" will Miles do in this show to warrant being called "Spin?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How much "spinning" will Miles do in this show to warrant being called "Spin?"
    The explanation isn't compelling:

You'd think it'd be about spinning webs.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    The explanation isn't compelling:

You'd think it'd be about spinning webs.
    Well, that is a Spidey staple .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Is the reason Miles keeps changing names because Marvel keeps the trademarks? Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Is the reason Miles keeps changing names because Marvel keeps the trademarks? Lol
    No, it's because he keeps appearing in shows alongside Peter, they both have secret identities, it would be confusing to call both Spider-man in the same scene, and Peter came first.

Yeah, I can't think of any other Superhero media that features two characters with the same codename together at the same time.

Closest I can think of is the second season of the Legion of Superheroes cartoon where we had Superman and Superman-X.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No, it's because he keeps appearing in shows alongside Peter, they both have secret identities, it would be confusing to call both Spider-man in the same scene, and Peter came first.
    I was mostly joking on how not consistent it is. Spin , Spy-D, or Kid Arachnid makes you wonder what the next one will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I was mostly joking on how not consistent it is. Spin , Spy-D, or Kid Arachnid makes you wonder what the next one will be.
    Or just "Miles" .

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This is the kind of crap we get thanks to Marvel selling to Disney. Can you imagine if Spectacular Spider-Man could have been continued instead? Cartoons used to be nice for all ages, now they are excluding anyone over the age of 9.

UGGHHH ... frutrating.
    Yeahh the problem of all age cartoons is that there are no more "general/all age" channels/outlets to air them. Nowadays either you get a specific thematic channel that air only homogeneous content, or you have streaming services that let you(or parents) tailor the content to their needs.
    Simply all-age content(not just cartoons) is rare nowadays because seem that there is not an all-age audience.

Season 3 announced two months before season 2 even airs!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...o-a-3rd-season
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honestly I was surprised Iron Man wasn't in season 1. Also, daily reminder that Reptil exists .

I wonder if Black Cat will be one of the villains.

I hope Stephanie Lemelin is less annoying as Francine Frye Electro than she was as Screwball.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Honestly I was surprised Iron Man wasn't in season 1. Also, daily reminder that Reptil exists .

I hope Stephanie Lemelin is less annoying as Francine Frye Electro than she was as Screwball.
    Didn't Marvel say they wanted Reptile to be a leading character or 'new' face of Marvel? He had his mini that ended. Don't think it sold well then...nothing

Probably. They can't do her whole femme fatale thing because there's no way they'll be doing romance plots on a preschool show. So expect her to be a jewel thief or something like on the previous Spider-Man cartoon.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably. They can't do her whole femme fatale thing because there's no way they'll be doing romance plots on a preschool show. So expect her to be a jewel thief or something like on the previous Spider-Man cartoon.
    Yeah, that was pretty disappointing.

EW has some pictures and it looks like she's still pilfering jewels with an...interesting hoodie look .

That Wasp design is bad though...

Pink and yellow? Odd colour scheme. I know Janet was a bit of a chameleon in the comics until the late 90s, wearing many different colour schemes before finally settling on the black and yellow she's worn for over 20 years by now, and which is also worn by Hope in the movies (Nadia wears red and black, which was the colour scheme of Janet's first two costumes), but I'm pretty sure she's never worn that colour combination. That costume would probably look fine if it was black and yellow (with the visor in yellow instead of pink). I guess they didn't want to use black as the main colour on something which I assume has a toyline aimed at toddlers. Same reason the black part of Gwen's costume was changed to purple.