Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I feel like this Hickman X-Men world is being set up to have a great fall of some kind. And I am almost certain a theme of the mutants being too powerful or arrogant will come into play when that happens. I will be very surprised if that's not how the end of this run/status quo goes.

With Arakko on Mars, I do wonder if what's being built up could be too big to all come undone. At least, that's my preference. There are even elements pre-HiX-Men that I thought were unfortunate to have left behind.
    I liked that you used the word elements because that's exactly what Hickman used: "I'm intentionally introducing individual elements that are going to get collapsed later."

The promo art for Inferno shows the QC tables and I personally think the QC will collapse. Maybe Krakoa will end up with elections and the X-Men election showed how it could be done. I believe Krakoa will stay and Planet Arrako will stay, but a lot of things will happen to shake things up and things won't look quite the same in the end.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Well f**k me. Powers of X #5 told us. "Inferno".
    Excuse me while I collect my blown off head.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I liked that you used the word elements because that's exactly what Hickman used: "I'm intentionally introducing individual elements that are going to get collapsed later."

The promo art for Inferno shows the QC tables and I personally think the QC will collapse. Maybe Krakoa will end up with elections and the X-Men election showed how it could be done. I believe Krakoa will stay and Planet Arrako will stay, but a lot of things will happen to shake things up and things won't look quite the same in the end.
    Precisely. It won't be "were back at the mansion again!" But lot of what's built is gonna topple

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Attachment 110871

Kneel, and pray for mercy!
    I would do the same

Agatha-Harkness-WandaVision.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's not just about terraforming. It's what it took to get it done. For instance, increasing the mass of the planet. That - or even just moving the amount of iron it took - could have pulled some asteroids out of orbit. And that is pure physics and humans have countless of data and models about this kind of celestial body movement.
    Again, what do they know about it? Basically nothing. As for increasing the Mass of Mars, that would be so insignificant compared to what the effects of what Jupiter and it's mass/gravity are/would on asteroids and such it would be laughable.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-24-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    If I were to imagine myself in the MU then I would say it’s understandable why they did it so quickly and secretly. Allllll of the Earth Governments would try to sabotage or stop it if they knew what they had planned. So good for them.

But- what my MU counterpart would likely find disturbing is the whole “Capital of Sol” bit. As that rings up all kinds of alarms when it comes to political aspirations for mutantkind. As a history and political nerd it’s bringing up all kinds of references that would make me and probably most of the “Meh” people confused and suspicious of that particular intent.

As the whole Hellfire Gala is now an attempt to put in place de Jure status of Mars as the capital of Sol, where it is very much de Facto NOT the case.
    In SF Sol usually doesn't refer to Earth. They're basically talking about the Sun/Star System

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Again, what do they know about it? Basically nothing. As for increasing the Mass of Mars, that would be so insignificant compared to what the effects of what Jupiter and it's mass/gravity are/would on asteroids and such it would be laughable.
    It was just an example. If trying to collaborate with other scientists doesn't make sense to you, it doesn't. It's all right.

I'm not here to try to convince you (or anyone) and I have no interest in starting a whole different argument here and end up high-jacking the thread. I hope you understand. Have fun. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Human insecurity is the only thing i see being dangerous
    Lol The Truth has been spoken...
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Playing gods?

They ARE gods. When will you people underatand this?
    YAAAAS!!
    Now prostrate before your betters!!

Thing I don't get are the people who sleemingly have a renob for the destruction of KraKoa Act as if they're making jaw dropping prophecy...lol Comics like these are always gonna be cylic, reset itself as close to o'standard'as possible. Dick's never gonna be Batman... Bruce Banner will never control his anger etc. Literally the next writer could destroy the whole shebang...but why so focused on that? Utopias don't exist butif they did Many people would be completely unaware/ignore the beauty of it cause their constantly looking for cracks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I find this conversation and response from some posters in the form of "maybes and yeses" to be telling. It's interesting that these people find mutants finally living up to their potential "upitty" the reflection should be inwards for said posters cause it reflects badly on them. Because I wanna know what exactly do they want from the mutants, Krakoa to end? Mutantkind to loose and go back to the mansion where they were constantly killed berated and under the impending doom of genocide. They should effectively go back to suffering? To not being able to have power over thier future living to the whims and desires of the humans? Trying to please them only to still be hated?
    For said posters please listen and listen well xavier's dream is Dead, krakoa is very likely here to stay for a very long time, it would be very foolish on marvel and Disney's part to end it. It won't bode well for extreme vast majority of the fans and Disney is a business first and foremost. They want to introduce the xmen into the MCU the kind of comic prominence the avengers enjoyed for the past 15 years is over marvel has their best charachters back. And until Disney losses the movie rights that won't change anytime soon.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Literally everything they're doing will blow up in their faces and screw them over by the end.
    That is the logical conclusion to all of this
    Yall are gonna be disappointed when this doesn't happen lol.

Are things going to heat up and explode? Sure, its xmen.
    But i dont see them losing everything. Thats too predictable.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-24-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Playing gods?

They ARE gods. When will you people underatand this?
    Depending on your definition of god…

Thor doesn’t need any device to be what he is. The mutants, yes, if you consider their quasi-immortality…

The only mutant to have been close to a god was Jean Grey (and, yes, Rachel Summers) because of her fusion with a celestial entity.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Thor doesn’t need any device to be what he is.
    Just a hammer...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    All of these things. Humans in the MU are ambivalent to mutants overall. Some are fans. Some want them destroyed. Others are meh. But the overwhelming sentiment has always been they are "others" and we don't want'em. And as others are pointing out, there are literal gods or heroes affiliated with the Avengers and FF who have been doing far more than what just took place yet MUTANTS are the issue. Humanity is always the contrarian when it comes to mutants:

And so forth. So yeah, humanity in the MU sucks and will always have a ridiculous jealous/hate factor for mutants but are fine with aliens and Gods doing similar things.
    The mutants are a danger to the humans like some humans are a danger to other humans. Their powers highlight, enhance this potential threat.

If the mutants were really gods, they would know how to assuage humans’ fears. After all, the X-men fought many powerful mutant villains in the past and should be able to understand their point of view.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Just a hammer...
    Without his hammer, Thor stops being a god?

Without his hammer, Thor stops being a god?
    Don't engage with the stupidity. We can only hope he's trolling!

It seems to me that, mutants are only gods until real gods show up. If you can be taken out by a hulk having a bad day, then you're not really gods!
    Last edited by Knightmare; 06-25-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Thor doesn’t need any device to be what he is. The mutants, yes, if you consider their quasi-immortality…

The only mutant to have been close to a god was Jean Grey (and, yes, Rachel Summers) because of her fusion with a celestial entity.
    Storm is literally a goddess, Legion may as well be jesus.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!