Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    There are legitimate concerns about the direction of this era, but this isn't helping anything. Thor is a great character but he doesn't really have anything to do with this.
    The point here is if mutants on Krakoa wanna start proclaiming themselves as gods I'm gonna compare them to a god, and so far in comparison they're coming up short.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I thought only mutants could be X-Men? Certainly humans and other non-mutants can be allies...
    Says who? There’s been non-mutant X-Men in the past. Just look at the likes of Karima, Warbird, Mimic, Deathlocket, Fantomex, Kid Gladiator, and Hepzibah.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One or two persons in a pique of ire using the word "Gods" in a sentence does not speak/proclaim for ALL of Krakoa's citizens. That's not how comics work. That's not how anything works.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    No he's an Asgardian Avenger.
    Meaning he doesn't lord over people because of his genes and then play the victim card for the same reason, instead he just helps because it's right.
    Errr his genes? I don't remember Odin being well known for his altruism...and ain't the Phoenix his mom? Its been in so many X-Men at this point its kinda a joke.
    Also...

I guess he was helping them....get better at drunken bar fights
    He also kicked Apocalypse's ass long before the X-Men did it meaning one of their biggest threats was his sloopy seconds.
    It's really funny the more I think about it, Apocalypse was to X-Men, what Thanos is to well the general Marvel Universe, and for Thor taking him down was just another day.
    of
    He also got his ass kicked long before any of the X-Men By Apocalypse...

I guess Intermission must be Asgardian for run away like a little girl...
    Except....

Ya know what it IS really funny when you think about it lol

jk...Idc
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My "Asgardian X-Man" post...quite like the current X-Men comics...seems to have been misinterpreted by some. I'm not surprised.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errr his genes? I don't remember Odin being well known for his altruism...and ain't the Phoenix his mom? Its been in so many X-Men at this point its kinda a joke.
    Also...

of

Except....

jk...Idc
    Melody showing hammer boy what it really means to be a god and not a coward who runs to daddy after one headbutt.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Melody showing hammer boy what it really means to be a god and not a coward who runs to daddy after one headbutt.
    Mutant Gods are just made of sterner stuff I guess...
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Also...

of

Except....

jk...Idc
    What's funny here?
    Because you're comparing a warrior using basic tactics to a woman who basically participating in assisted suicide.
    I mean I guess it is funny if you post panels out of context and ignore the wider stories around it, but then again when it comes to non X characters that's not exactly new on this board

What a courageous girl… Dying in order to resuscitate with restored powers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Exclamation

A hero cannot have good time?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What a courageous girl… Dying in order to resuscitate with restored powers.
    Gods don't fear death...and they certainly don't turn into whining, petulant manchildren when they can't get thier hammers up anymore.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member

What's funny here?
    Because you're comparing a warrior using basic tactics to a woman who basically participating in assisted suicide.
    I mean I guess it is funny if you post panels out of context and ignore the wider stories around it, but then again when it comes to non X characters that's not exactly new on this board
    "Warrior Using Basic Tactics"----->"Run Away From The Big Meanie"
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-29-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Target View Post
    You would be wrong, but nice try. What Krakoa is doing, is all in its self interest, first and foremost. Its not altruistic.
    So the life saving drugs, the saving the planet from Arrako invasion and then transporting the Arrakis to Mars were all things that just happened to benefit the Earth and Krakoa? There wasn’t a break in the QC with tacit blessing to go be heroes and stop Arrako? I mean if you can’t see that point of view there’s no point in having a discussion with you, you’re not actually refuting or debating you’re just saying the same thing again with no new evidence.

Is it still self defense, if you attack first?.
    I mean Orchis clearly attacked first so…yes? To clarify, building Mother Mold would be considered an attack, like North Korea building nukes, that comes with penalties even if they don’t fire the nukes. That’s not even mentioning that they had clearly already kidnapped mutant children as well as Serefina.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think Hickman is writting them as literal Gods but an argument can be made that he´s taking inspiration from Greek myths and other stories to write HoX/PoX and Krakoa and also the antagonistic relationship between Moira and Destiny.

Moria or the Moiras(Latin Parca, plural Parcae) in Greek and Roman mythology, any of three goddesses who determined human destinies, and in particular the span of a person's life and his allotment of misery and suffering. They also helped the Greek Gods and demi-Gods to acomplish their objectives. They are related to death but also human and the Gods destiny. Even the gods feared the Moirae. Zeus also was subject to their power.

Which leads us to Irene Adler, while Moira knows advance knowledge from her experiences during her lives, she´s not a pre-cognitive mutant, she doesn´t have acess to what will be the fate of mutantkind, that would be Destiny or Fate in Greek mythology meant was the end of everybody, not even the gods could avoid destiny and that´s why everybody feared it.

In the PoX story it looks like the Fate no even the "Gods" mutant/super-human can avoid is the end of both mutantkind, who always losses and humanity after it was absorbed by the Phalanx, Moira is using her experiences to tackle or change this fate both for mutants and herself and also humanity, because that was her task given to her by the librarian and a redeemed Nimrod but we don´t know if this is all she wants to do or has other objectives as well while Irene very much also handed Moira the mission of protecting mutantkind to protect herself from her and Irene is the one who holds the fore knowledge of mutants and humans.

I just thought the significance of the theme was interesting.

When it comes to Krakoa habitants, I believe most of them just want to be left alone and live their life in peace but there´s no question their unity will bring all sorts of adversaries like
    Onslaught, Orchis, Xeno, Phalanx,Moira and Destiny plans, etc because they also will need to learn the responsibility that comes with their powers and their actions so they can become active authors of their destiny.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-29-2021 at 11:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Gods don't fear death...and they certainly don't turn into whining, petulant manchildren when they can't get thier hammers up anymore.
    Well every hero has his periods of bad characterization...X-men too had some of thise.wanna talk about austen angel? Morrison magneto? Not talking about Logan....oh boy AvX wolverine...
    So i wont hold aginst thor.
    Albeit as was said, in that context, you all are comparing two differnt takes. One is a Battle where strategic retreat is a thing, and the other is ritualistic suicide on par jellicle cat(now cats would have been way much more interesti they battle to death for the right to die and rebirth...) and of course
    HOX/POX THE MUSICAL
    Make it real!