Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Ever since they create an island of Krakoa for the mutantkinds, it will be safe they finally have their own land of livings away from the city and the earthkinds. However when Planet Size X-Men come around on the Gala, they seem to do the impossible thing including transforming planet Mars into a new planet call "Arrako". A living planet where arakko otherworlders inhabitat their place. It make me wonder did they ever cross the line or gone too far. Even most of the diplomats and the galantic coucils can view the X-Men are no longer a society but a "Rogue nation". It also show how far they become as even though the "mutant status" will pretty enough to bring more heat between humankinds and Avengers relationship with the X-Men.
    Note that it is what the humans have done whenever they arrived in a new territory: “this land is ours and we can do what we want with it”.

Rather than a divine thing (the scale, maybe…), it’s more a human thing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

So just because they can it means they shouldn’t? They did what any nation would do and claim a new territory for themselves. It just happened to be necessity in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If the mutants were really gods, they would know how to assuage humans’ fears. After all, the X-men fought many powerful mutant villains in the past and should be able to understand their point of view.
    And that's what they're doing with the life-saving medicines and inviting them to the Gala. Whether evil humans like it or not, most nations have recognized Krakoa and now most of the other galactic societies have formally recognized the mutants too. So it's working.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yall are gonna be disappointed when this doesn't happen lol.

Are things going to heat up and explode? Sure, its xmen.
    But i dont see them losing everything. Thats too predictable.
    By this point most of you are refusing to see the writing on the wall
    What Hickman is doing is obvious, he's done it before, you wanna believe this won't blow up and backfire spectacularly you can believe that all you want, but that is what's going to happen, and that's been made clear since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    So just because they can it means they shouldn’t? They did what any nation would do and claim a new territory for themselves. It just happened to be necessity in this case.
    My point: they are very human, your “gods”… For people who are so strong, they still live on the defensive.

But without that, would it be any story to tell?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's amazing how people don't think this can blow up in their faces when it's been already announced Hickman is writing the "It's about to start blowing up in their faces" limited event series
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-25-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And that's what they're doing with the life-saving medicines and inviting them to the Gala. Whether evil humans like it or not, most nations have recognized Krakoa and now most of the other galactic societies have formally recognized the mutants too. So it's working.
    I suppose it has to be judged with the endgame if that strategy was the good one.

Can a human have reservations about Krakoa and not be evil?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Can a human have reservations about Krakoa and not be evil?
    Absolutely. I'm referring to the evil humans (that want mutants dead) who are butt hurt that the majority of humanity recognizes Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

While pondering on the metaphorical "worth" of the majority of the mutant population in the nation of Krakoa (lack of jobs and productive things to do, not needing to sustain a living, combined with super powers defining a persons role) and what harm it could indirectly do to their percieved self-worth and their society in a Way of X thread, i somewhat fell into a stream of consciousness where i looked at the great achievements of said nation and noticed a particular negative way it could be seen.

Mainly that all of the nation's great achievements and even it's "gifts" to the rest of humanity, which are used to create trust and dependency towards it, are resting on the shoulders of it's handfull of "Gods". Which i think is more worrysome to consider than just the idea of the X-men being a bit full of themself from their recent victories.

Because what was done isn't so so much the achievements of the nation, as in the body of people and their combined contribution to society and/or state and it's projects.
    But just a handfull of extremely powerfull (as in having super powers) individuals doing these wonders by their lonesome, with the rest of the nation essentialy being uncessary.

Infact most of the mutants involved in the terraforming of Mars, were allready X-men or allied with them to some degree before Krakoa, which means many parts of the terraforming could have been done a long time ago.
    Someone correct me if i remember wrong, but i recall even the contribution of the Arrakii omegas was mainly to speed things up a bit than being part of the foundamental work to make the planet more hospital (that being more the effort of Magneto, Storm, Iceman, Jean Grey, etc.)

After all what did the "nation" provide to the terraforming? Money? Resources? Knowledge? Labour? Goods? Services? Logistics?

As far as i can see none, since it wasn't necessary, because the people who did the terrraforming had lucked out and got the super powers to make them mortal "gods" among mutants, that could do the deed insteads.

Actualy the majority of the population is providing nothing of above, since the living island of Krakoa and a handfull of mutants are providing all of these for themself and TO the people, leaving them without any role in their society and nation.

Basicly what ever they realise it or not, the majority of the mutants on Krakoa are just the appendix of the nation, while a handfull of powerfull individuals (and a magic island) are the only ones allowed or desired to contribute. It's like an inverse pyramid standing on it's tip and balancing the foundation above.

And if not for these handfull of omegas, would the millions of other mutants have been able to achieve something similar?
    Actualy, i would argue yes, given their resources, potential and the technology they have access to, but it would have likely required intensive labour and contribution from thousands or more mutants with the right powers or at least willingness to contribute by working with machinery and a lot of time.
    Which means in the end they wouldn't have been so dissimiliar to how normal humans could have done it, if not for the enforced technological stasis of the real world nations and cultures in the Marvel Universe.

And that's where things get worrysome for the long term existence of the mutants and their new nation. Because if these "gods" would go missing for some reason. How would the remaining mutants be able to sustain the their nation and it's worth to the rest of the world?
    Especialy with the nation so utterly depending on these handfull of powerfull individuals and the magic mutant island, for it's economy, survival and defence, rather than it's actual population.

If something would happen to organism of Krakoa there would be no drugs. If something would happen to SWORD and it's teleporter divison there would be no more super metal to give to the galactic communities. If something would happen to Cerebro and/or the handfull of powerfull telepaths to use it, there would be no revival via the cloned bodies.

Basicly there are too many ways the upside down pyramid could drop to the sides.

So yes, it's working, but it's much more fragile in theory than the powerfull demonstration at the Hellfire Gala would suggest. Because the mutants are not a society of "gods" like the omegas who did the deed, but for most part just people with weird appearance or low key super powers, so the whole thing is a bit of smoke and mirrors too.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's amazing how people don't think this can blow up in their faces when it's been already announced Hickman is writing the "It's about to start blowing up in their faces" limited event series
    I'm unsure of the idea that Inferno is going to be the point where everything starts to crumble, since it feels like the editors might be stretching the whole story out longer than Hickman planned. Perhaps because they think they got a golden goose ever since Hox/Pox and don't want to give it away just yet.

So at this point i'm half expecting Inferno to show Mystique failing in her plans, because Moira was ahead of her and Destiny and ending with Moira standing in her little bubble going "Just as planned." While Reign of X is stretched out by another year or two.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-26-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree the rest of the country needs to develop their own initiatives,Bishop talked about developing a formal military for the defense of the nation, because as powerul as the X-teams or the Omegas can be they can´t be everywhere. Even the human babies born at Krakoa, despite not developing mutant powers would have access to it´s tecnology and training on their schools, so they would be more like Wakandans. One of the things I loved about SWORD was that it included a lot of not very known mutants doing something extraordinary together and potentially all of them can do that too but they need the motivation and the vision to do it by themselves.

Some of them could become artists, others could do bussines, others could built or experiment with their tecnological powers like Forge does, others could become explorers like the FF, others could take care of the schools, the children, etc. Krakoa is interesting in the way it´s acting like a superpower but it´s also one year old nation that´s still deciding what´s it about and what it wants to become.

"It´s nice to be wanted you know?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    While pondering on the metaphorical "worth" of the majority of the mutant population in the nation of Krakoa (lack of jobs and productive things to do, not needing to sustain a living, combined with super powers defining a persons role) and what harm it could indirectly do to their percieved self-worth and their society in a Way of X thread, i somewhat fell into a stream of consciousness where i looked at the great achievements of said nation and noticed a particular negative way it could be seen.

Mainly that all of the nation's great achievements and even it's "gifts" to the rest of humanity, which are used to create trust and dependency towards it, are resting on the shoulders of it's handfull of "Gods". Which i think is more worrysome to consider than just the idea of the X-men being a bit full of themself from their recent victories.
    All very well said and I do believe that's one of the changes we may see with Krakoa. Mutants creating an economy based on a whole nation of contribution.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Because what was done isn't so so much the achievements of the nation, as in the body of people and their combined contribution to society and/or state and it's projects.
    But just a handfull of extremely powerfull (as in having super powers) individuals doing these wonders by their lonesome, with the rest of the nation essentialy being uncessary.

Infact most of the mutants involved in the terraforming of Mars, were allready X-men or allied with them to some degree before Krakoa, which means many parts of the terraforming could have been done a long time ago.
    Someone correct me if i remember wrong, but i recall even the contribution of the Arrakii omegas was mainly to speed things up a bit than being part of the foundamental work to make the planet more hospital (that being more the effort of Magneto, Storm, Iceman, Jean Grey, etc.)

After all what did the "nation" provide to the terraforming? Money? Resources? Knowledge? Labour? Goods? Services? Logistics?

As far as i can see none, since it wasn't necessary, because the people who did the terrraforming had lucked out and got the super powers to make them mortal "gods" among mutants, that could do the deed insteads.

Actualy the majority of the population is providing nothing of above, since the living island of Krakoa and a handfull of mutants are providing all of these for themself and TO the people, leaving them without any role in their society and nation.

Basicly what ever they realise it or not, the majority of the mutants on Krakoa are just the appendix of the nation, while a handfull of powerfull individuals (and a magic island) are the only ones allowed or desired to contribute. It's like an inverse pyramid standing on it's tip and balancing the foundation above.

And if not for these handfull of omegas, would the millions of other mutants have been able to achieve something similar?
    Actualy, i would argue yes, given their resources, potential and the technology they have access to, but it would have likely required intensive labour and contribution from thousands or more mutants with the right powers or at least willingness to contribute by working with machinery and a lot of time.
    Which means in the end they wouldn't have been so dissimiliar to how normal humans could have done it, if not for the enforced technological stasis of the real world nations and cultures in the Marvel Universe.

And that's where things get worrysome for the long term existence of the mutants and their new nation. Because if these "gods" would go missing for some reason. How would the remaining mutants be able to sustain the their nation and it's worth to the rest of the world?
    Especialy with the nation so utterly depending on these handfull of powerfull individuals and the magic mutant island, for it's economy, survival and defence, rather than it's actual population.

If something would happen to organism of Krakoa there would be no drugs. If something would happen to SWORD and it's teleporter divison there would be no more super metal to give to the galactic communities. If something would happen to Cerebro and/or the handfull of powerfull telepaths to use it, there would be no revival via the cloned bodies.

Basicly there are too many ways the upside down pyramid could drop to the sides.

So yes, it's working, but it's much more fragile in theory than the powerfull demonstration at the Hellfire Gala would suggest. Because the mutants are not a society of "gods" like the omegas who did the deed, but for most part just people with weird appearance or low key super powers, so the whole thing is a bit of smoke and mirrors too.

I'm unsure of the idea that Inferno is going to be the point where everything starts to crumble, since it feels like the editors might be stretching the whole story out longer than Hickman planned. Perhaps because they think they got a golden goose ever since Hox/Pox and don't want to give it away just yet.

So at this point i'm half expecting Inferno to show Mystique failing in her plans, because Moira was ahead of her and Destiny and ending with Moira standing in her little bubble going "Just as planned." While Reign of X is stretched out by another year or two.
    Good laying out of the facts and inferences, however Moira 'ahead of Mystique and Destiny' is unlikely for two reasons
    1. Moira reading Irene's diaries means little if Irene put in them only the breadcrumbs she wants Moira to find , leaving the real important stuff for only Mystique to know.I mean it's down to the writers if they want to dumb down Mystique but it seems absurd for Irene to a) just order Mystique to scuttle/destroy Krakoa without any certainty that she would succeed-the fact that she gives her the mission means with a great degree of confidence she knows Mystique won't fail and b) knowing Moira's blindspots it seems unlikely Irene did not give Mystique a blueprint to follow to suceed

2.In Hox2 Irene says 'If you try to kill me before I kill you,I will see my end coming and prevent it.Now this is not exactly how it has played out because Irene is not killed but she definitely is not resurrected so it means Irene is still certain that this plot of Moira will be circumvented.

More to this point Irene says 'If you die as a child before your powers manifest-then you will not reincarnate.You simply end' Now some may say this was a threat but then just before Irene saw 10 or 11 lives max for Moira and if she mentioned that as an eventuality that at some point Moira will die as a child , wouldn't it suggest that Irene saw the end of Moira eventually? Obviously that eventual death can only happen if this life of Moira currently also ends and unravels this continuity. I doubt this will happen.I think Xavier and Magneto will find a way to keep Moira from dying in this reality(maybe through time travel to die before her own birth to keep Krakoa reality intact) however Krakoa remaining as is is also unlikely since Irene is so adamant that it has to be destroyed.
    All this depends on believing Irene is telling it true, right now from the way Xavier and Magneto are navigating Krakoa I believe that Irene is right, Krakoa in its current form isn't meant to last. It may remain as a nation but maybe some fundamentals like protocols or the quiet council will be lost after Mystique is done with the mission.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-27-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No. There's no "playing". Mutants are finally owning their truths.
    The fact that a portion of humanity still can't accept that, well...that's on humanity, not the Mutants.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No. There's no "playing". Mutants are finally owning their truths.
    The fact that a portion of humanity still can't accept that, well...that's on humanity, not the Mutants.
    Really not trying to be hostile here, okay? But what exactly do you mean by that?

Because one could say that male humans, in general, are stronger than females. So it would be their truth that they get to oppress the females because they can and if the females can't accept that... well, that's on females, not males.

You see the problem with this kind of thinking?

Please, I'm not accusing you of feeling this way. I'm just really curious about what you meant.