Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is the most intelligent?

Saw a thread on reddit asking this question and poster mentioned multiple types of intelligence.

Instead of the usual question (which usually leads to Lunella, Reed, Valeria, or Doom) how about who is the most intelligent for each of these categories?

Spatial intelligence

Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence

Musical Intelligence

Linguistic Intelligence

Logical-Mathematical Skills

Interpersonal Intelligence

Intrapersonal Intelligence

Naturalistic Intelligence

Bonus question: Who do you think best encompasses most of these?

(This will also test who reads the first post or just goes off the title lol)
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Bodily-kinesthetic intelligence: Taskmaster

Linguistic Intelligence: Loki

Logical-mathematical skills: Reed, Tony or Doom
    Reed likes thinking about abstract ideas much more so than Tony but I feel like he tends to overanalyze problems and sometimes miss the most obvious solution and I think Tony is the faster problem solver. Doom is a good middle ground between the two. One of the three takes it.

Interpersonal Intelligence: Sue Storm unless someone makes a move on her children.

Have no idea about the others.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 06-24-2021 at 03:36 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm going to go with some people who probably won't get mentioned otherwise:

Spatial intelligence - Owen Reece or Tony Stark

Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence - Peter Parker or Jessica Drew

Musical Intelligence - Dazzler

Linguistic Intelligence - Morgan Le Fay or Stephen Strange

Logical-Mathematical Skills - Galactus

Interpersonal Intelligence - Steve Rogers or Sam Wilson

Intrapersonal Intelligence - Storm

Naturalistic Intelligence - Man-Thing
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Spatial intelligence
    Cyclops

Probably Cap or Wolverine.

Musical Intelligence
    Dazzler, I suppose.

Linguistic Intelligence
    CYPHER.

Reed Richards, the MU's greatest physicist.

Spider-Man.

Matt Murdoch.

Naturalistic Intelligence[/B]
    I'll go with Storm, she had a mini-rainforest in the X-Mansion's Attic.

Most of these...okay that's not "all of these" because that would make a bland character.

I'd say Spider-Man -- He's lacking in Naturalistic Intelligence, he's someone who has zero affinity for nature whatsoever and his Musical Intelligence is not good, but he has elements of everything else.

Storm comes closer to having it all -- a warm empathetic and kindly person (Interpersonal Intelligence), self-reflective (Intrapersonal), cares about natures and understands weather patterns (Naturalistic), Bodily-Kinesthetic (a great hand to hand fighter and the best knife-fighter in the MU), and also Spacial, she also has a keen interest in arts and other cultures (Musical and Linguistic), and while she's not a supergenius in computers and physics, she probably knows a great deal about that and has shown capacity for understanding complex machines and technologies.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Those are some interesting choices

I would have to advocate that in addition to logical / mathematical skills that Doom qualifies in the linguistic and musical intelligence... a polymath in the fictional world of comics. Certainly more so than Reed or Tony.

Doom speaks excellent English, Russian (see the "Masks" story) in addition to the language of the Roma, the fictional language of Latverian and probably a few more like French. As far as we know, he never really had any formal instruction and just seems to learn languages quickly. Magic has a language of its own when spell casting and he is Sorcerer Supreme level at that.

I'm going to throw in musical intelligence. He plays the piano very well and writes his own compositions.

He can also use his musical skills and weaponize a grand piano

For spatial intelligence IMO the Mad Thinker would fall in this category. Doom used his skills to locate the source of the incursions by mapping out the Mapmakers network
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-25-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Saw a thread on reddit asking this question and poster mentioned multiple types of intelligence.

Instead of the usual question (which usually leads to Lunella, Reed, Valeria, or Doom) how about who is the most intelligent for each of these categories?

Spatial intelligence

Musical Intelligence

Linguistic Intelligence

Naturalistic Intelligence

(This will also test who reads the first post or just goes off the title lol)
    Spacial and Body Kinesthetic is Spider-man.
    His web swinging and fighting style in general are based on those.

Inter personal and Intra personal are also Spider-man.
    HE knows exactly what his faults are is highly self-aware.Also can easily relate and understand.

These are interesting interpretations of the first two categories, which some seem to be attributing to athleticism and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm going to go with some people who probably won't get mentioned otherwise:

Spatial intelligence - Owen Reece or Tony Stark

Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence - Peter Parker or Jessica Drew

Musical Intelligence - Dazzler

Linguistic Intelligence - Morgan Le Fay or Stephen Strange

Logical-Mathematical Skills - Galactus

Interpersonal Intelligence - Steve Rogers or Sam Wilson

Intrapersonal Intelligence - Storm

Naturalistic Intelligence - Man-Thing
    Reed Richard's might not be what he once was, but regardless Stark is not up there with Doom and Reed.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I would have to advocate that in addition to logical / mathematical skills that Doom qualifies in the linguistic and musical intelligence... a polymath in the fictional world of comics. Certainly more so than Reed or Tony.
    Doom is more of an all-around figure than Reed and Tony, certainly.

Doom speaks excellent English, Russian (see the "Masks" story) in addition to the language of the Roma, the fictional language of Latverian and probably a few more like French. As far as we know, he never really had any formal instruction and just seems to learn languages quickly. Magic has a language of its own when spell casting and he is Sorcerer Supreme level at that.
    Cypher speaks all languages, can read body language and can develop fictional languages as well. So I'd put him over any and all "parlez-vous" types you can shake around the MU.

I'm going to throw in musical intelligence. He plays the piano very well and writes his own compositions.
    To some extent but he also apparently harasses and kills artists and composers right? I remember reading that somewhere.

For spatial intelligence IMO the Mad Thinker would fall in this category. Doom used his skills to locate the source of the incursions by mapping out the Mapmakers network
    Mad Thinker is a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Doom is more of an all-around figure than Reed and Tony, certainly.

Cypher speaks all languages, can read body language and can develop fictional languages as well. So I'd put him over any and all "parlez-vous" types you can shake around the MU.

To some extent but he also apparently harasses and kills artists and composers right? I remember reading that somewhere.

Mad Thinker is a good pick.
    Thanks...

Yes, Doom has been known to forcibly "enlist" artists. He kidnapped Alicia to sculpt that statue of him that you see in Fantastic Four #200. Earlier than that, he had that painter under duress do his portrait in FF #84

Doom has dabbled a bit in painting himself back in PAD's X-Factor #202 when he did Layla Miller's portrait.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-26-2021 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, Doom has been known to forcibly "enlist" artists. He kidnapped Alicia to sculpt that statue of him that you see in Fantastic Four #200. Earlier than that, he had painter under duress do his portrait in FF #84
    That suggests Doom values art when it reflects aspects of himself and not when it expresses a different vision and perspective, so not exactly musical intelligence.

Doom has dabbled a bit in painting himself back in PAD's X-Factor #202 when he did Layla Miller's portrait.

He's got a good academic style and good draughtmanship, but not much in original style. Figurative painting like that is a bit dated in that style he has there. Leave aside the copy of Leonardo's backgrounds from Mona Lisa (and the faded backgrounds at the Louvre rather than the brighter hues it once had) makes it a little gauche.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    These are interesting interpretations of the first two categories, which some seem to be attributing to athleticism and powers.

Reed Richard's might not be what he once was, but regardless Stark is not up there with Doom and Reed.
    Like I said, just throwing some names out there and putting them in different light than what others may see/think. It's kind of my thing. Most of these types of threads will ultimately come down to the same people/ usual suspects and I expect the respondents will get to those in short order.

As for Doom, I almost feel he's the foregone conclusion and the default answer for many of the categories. Very few people enjoy the favorable pen when it comes to character building quite like Doom. It's to the point where he's beyond mere polymathy, if that's possible. And it only works with Doom. Give, say, Adam Brashear all of the same masteries as Doom and people would reject him wholeheartedly -- or at the very least view him as an implausible character.

BANNED

As for Doom, I almost feel he's the foregone conclusion and the default answer for many of the categories. Very few people enjoy the favorable pen when it comes to character building quite like Doom. It's to the point where he's beyond mere polymathy, if that's possible. And it only works with Doom. Give, say, Adam Brashear all of the same masteries as Doom and people would reject him wholeheartedly -- or at the very least view him as an implausible character.
    Doom fails badly in interpersonal and intrapersonal intelligence. Granted Reed and Tony don't score highly on that either but what makes them heroes is that they are a bit better than Doom in that metric. I don't know if Doom rates highly on naturalistic intelligence, i.e. concern for environment and nature. Sure Doom has accepted climate science and does advocate ecological solutions but the character's fundamental trait is to master and dominate any force outside himself and accept no equals in any species, nature, cosmos.

So those three elements hamper Doom from acing this intelligence test.

Doom fails badly in interpersonal and intrapersonal intelligence. Granted Reed and Tony don't score highly on that either but what makes them heroes is that they are a bit better than Doom in that metric. I don't know if Doom rates highly on naturalistic intelligence, i.e. concern for environment and nature. Sure Doom has accepted climate science and does advocate ecological solutions but the character's fundamental trait is to master and dominate any force outside himself and accept no equals in any species, nature, cosmos.

So those three elements hamper Doom from acing this intelligence test.
    Again, I indicated "many" not all categories in my post.

Like I said, just throwing some names out there and putting them in different light than what others may see/think. It's kind of my thing. Most of these types of threads will ultimately come down to the same people/ usual suspects and I expect the respondents will get to those in short order.

Unfortunately true. In one of the few times when Adam Brashear appears with Doom in Cantwell's Doom series, he's there mostly as an observer. In fact Cantwell admitted to that in an interview

AIPT: You’ve described Blue Marvel as a foil for Doctor Doom. What, in your opinion, makes their dynamic work?

CC: This is probably an irritating answer, but for our story, I wanted Brashear to function as John from The Book of Revelation when it comes to Victor’s journey. He is the witness to the whole awful thing that happens. He tries to decipher and understand, but it’s so extreme that he has trouble doing so. I also wanted a pure-hearted person to realize they lived in Hell, and that there could be a better version of the world. Brashear himself is revealed to not be perfect in our story. He’s wrong several times.

Doom has been around for just shy of 60 years and the hands of many writers have touched him. Even with Stan and Jack he started out with a built in mastery in science and sorcery. And of course that piano scene comes from their last Doom arc together. Kirby would be leaving Marvel not long after that but he was already making plans.

That suggests Doom values art when it reflects aspects of himself and not when it expresses a different vision and perspective, so not exactly musical intelligence.

He's got a good academic style and good draughtmanship, but not much in original style. Figurative painting like that is a bit dated in that style he has there. Leave aside the copy of Leonardo's backgrounds from Mona Lisa (and the faded backgrounds at the Louvre rather than the brighter hues it once had) makes it a little gauche.
    Don't look behind that curtain, it's really the Wizard ....that is to say you are critiquing the artist Bing Cansino for that issue. But as I posted earlier, I think he's just a dabbler. He's more of an art collector than artist. Even then I think he does it as a status symbol to enforce the idea that he is of high rank and not just a lowly Roma. After all, he burned a Renoir that he didn't like
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-26-2021 at 11:44 AM.