Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,765

    Default

    I hope this isn't just Welling and Rosenbaum just talking at each other. I hope that they have had actual conversations with someone who can make this happen.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  2. #32
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I hope this isn't just Welling and Rosenbaum just talking at each other. I hope that they have had actual conversations with someone who can make this happen.
    I’m pretty sure it’s just them talking to each other, that’s why I’m not getting excited. Wait until Fandome, if you don’t hear anything by then, don’t count on it happening.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  3. #33
    Superman and Wonder Woman
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Duuuuuvvaaalll!!!
    Posts
    288

    Default

    If this does happen, It'll takes place between S10 and COIE. Just to lead up to Superman losing his powers. Tom Welling further confirming he doesn't want to wear Superman's costume. This guy needs to come out and be honest already. He's not some Hollywood A-Lister, most of the fans isn't going to care about it.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    If this does happen, It'll takes place between S10 and COIE. Just to lead up to Superman losing his powers. Tom Welling further confirming he doesn't want to wear Superman's costume. This guy needs to come out and be honest already. He's not some Hollywood A-Lister, most of the fans isn't going to care about it.
    It's possible animated Clark could wear the suit. Tom just has to do the voice, not wear the suit.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    If this does happen, It'll takes place between S10 and COIE. Just to lead up to Superman losing his powers. Tom Welling further confirming he doesn't want to wear Superman's costume. This guy needs to come out and be honest already. He's not some Hollywood A-Lister, most of the fans isn't going to care about it.
    Voiceovers don't really count. The "Superman curse" doesn't seem to have effected the voice actors for the character. If anything, most of them went on to have great careers. I hope it ignores both the comics and COIE and just does it's own thing. Assuming it ever gets off the ground. Every time Allison Mack is in the news, the chances of this thing ever happening drop.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  6. #36
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    I love Rosenbaum's Lex, which I think is the best and most interesting, most in-depth and geniusly nuanced and multidimensional and complex Lex Luthor ever....basically the best take on Byrne's Lex. And that of course Lex's success had a lot to do with writer-producers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and many other writers, it was not just Rosenbaum that made Smallville's Lex so great.

    I don't know how excited I should be about this potential project without knowing who would write, produce, etc. I guess I should be glad Rosenbaum has never lost his interest or passion for Lex. And I'm not sure taking Smallville from live-action to animated will be satisfying enough, would feel right. The formula would probably have to change, would probably have to be better. It'd have to be more streamlined and skip all the filler and always be tackling the meat of Clark vs Lex.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-29-2021 at 06:27 AM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge in 2016.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Voiceovers don't really count. The "Superman curse" doesn't seem to have effected the voice actors for the character. If anything, most of them went on to have great careers. I hope it ignores both the comics and COIE and just does it's own thing. Assuming it ever gets off the ground. Every time Allison Mack is in the news, the chances of this thing ever happening drop.
    I don't think Mack's legal situation has any bearing on this at all, actually. Welling said something about "most" or "any many as we can" when it comes to voice actors, so obviously Mack isn't included in that. And if this was actually greenlit, it'd be greenlit on the cheap so we aren't talking about actor likenesses, so they could have Chloe if they wanted to and just recast. Or write her out completely. If any executive truly thought Allison Mack could negatively affect this show, then they'd just change the name of it to something else. They wouldn't leave money on the table over it, if they believed money was to be made.

    As for whether Welling & Rosenbaum are serious or not, I recall seeing a video of them a couple years ago at a convention...a fan asked if they would ever do a reunion movie, or episode. Rosenbaum said then that he didn't know about live action but he'd love to do an animated show, and Welling said "that could be cool." Rosenbaum sounded serious, Welling sounded like that guy who doesn't want to dash the dream of a fan so he just went along with it lol But now you have Welling just mentioning it, so who knows? Anyway, that video is on YouTube somewhere. I want to say it was in Texas, but not certain.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

    Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I don't think Mack's legal situation has any bearing on this at all, actually. Welling said something about "most" or "any many as we can" when it comes to voice actors, so obviously Mack isn't included in that. And if this was actually greenlit, it'd be greenlit on the cheap so we aren't talking about actor likenesses, so they could have Chloe if they wanted to and just recast. Or write her out completely. If any executive truly thought Allison Mack could negatively affect this show, then they'd just change the name of it to something else. They wouldn't leave money on the table over it, if they believed money was to be made.

    As for whether Welling & Rosenbaum are serious or not, I recall seeing a video of them a couple years ago at a convention...a fan asked if they would ever do a reunion movie, or episode. Rosenbaum said then that he didn't know about live action but he'd love to do an animated show, and Welling said "that could be cool." Rosenbaum sounded serious, Welling sounded like that guy who doesn't want to dash the dream of a fan so he just went along with it lol But now you have Welling just mentioning it, so who knows? Anyway, that video is on YouTube somewhere. I want to say it was in Texas, but not certain.
    I don't see Mack getting any more work ever again even after she gets out of prison. (3 years? Seriously?) The smart thing to do would be to write her out altogether. In the later seasons she wasn't that relevant anyway. And in the comics she went off with GA to Star City so they kind of already wrote her out anyway. I'm more worried about this not getting greenlit at all. I see three possiblities here. 1) It doesn't go anywhere and dies on the vine with WB concluding too much time has passed. 2) Animated movie "wrapping up" the franchise and telling the story of why he retired. 3) Actually getting made either in the form of adapting the comic or takes place after it with no real mention of it.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  9. #39
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,498

    Default

    https://www.ign.com/articles/smallvi...acters-are-now

    Welling made clear that the project is "very real", with Rosenbaum adding, "It's something that we're passionate about. Something we love. Hopefully we're going to obviously share, with Warner Brothers, when the time is right. And hopefully we'll be able to work with them. And that's about all we can say right now."

    Asked about what kind of stories the series could tell, the stars were vague, but did make clear that they see a lot of scope to continue naturally from the original series. "There's a lot of stories," explained Rosenbaum. "I mean, honestly, after Smallville ended people had a lot of questions. And who's to say what was happening a few years later? And where did these characters go? And how'd they come back? So there's always a story. There's always a story to be told."

    Welling made clear that this would be a story told past the end of Smallville's original run, rather than in the same timeline: "Here we are, 20 years later since it started and one of the most frequent questions is, where do you see your characters now? So that's literally what we'll be addressing."
    So… Welling wasn’t trolling? This is actually going to happen? Apparently some insiders have said it was supposed to be announced at Fandome but WB delayed the announcement. I haven’t seen any evidence of said insiders saying anything however.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  10. #40
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,498

    Default

    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...8936#gs.dhstb3
    TOM: Well, I’m just going to say I played Clark Kent.

    MICHAEL: *laughs and imitates Tom* I wasn’t Superman, kids.

    TOM: I wasn’t Superman, I was Clark Kent. That’s how I’m going to lead and I’m sure they’re going to be like, “No, no” But yeah…

    MICHAEL: It’s going to be a lot of fun for you watching them.

    TOM: It’s going to be a lot of fun for them and it’s going to be fun for me because, at the time when we were doing Smallville, I didn’t necessarily enjoy that aspect and now that I have kids and I see that they’re gonna, I see them watching things and I’m like, Man, when they figure this out, it’s going to be—

    MICHAEL: Exciting!

    TOM: Hopefully, exciting.

    MICHAEL: Yeah, I think it’s going to be great.

    TOM: Or they’re just going to be like, “Eh, I don’t know” But, we’ll see.

    MICHAEL: I try to let my dog watch the show but there’s not a lot of input. *Tom laughs* I don’t have any children, so what’re you going to do.

    TOM: My sons are going to be like, “You were Lex Luthor?” *laughs*

    MICHAEL: Sometimes my friends will come up to me, like years later, and be like, like Chris was like, “Dude, you were the best Lex Luthor.” And I’m like, “Why didn’t you tell me this while I was working on it?!” And he goes, “I just always really loved your performance.” I think friends are weird about stuff or like opening up and I was just, “Dude, that means so much to me!” Definitely when your peers and family like something you do, it’s good.

    TOM: Well, you know, as a writer, like you write something and then like somebody’s like, “Dude, I just read that shit, that was awesome!” And you’re like, “Thank you!” And then they wait a while and you’re like, “Well why didn’t you tell me that a little while ago?”

    MICHAEL: Instant gratification! We are actors, we are artists! We need that!

    TOM: It’s the same thing! *laughs*
    Lol Welling having kids seems to have softened his stance on playing “Superman”.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/super...8936#gs.dhstb3

    Lol Welling having kids seems to have softened his stance on playing “Superman”.
    Diapers don't grow on trees! But in all seriousness, this is great news! Would love to see this happen (as you can tell by my handle)
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  12. #42
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Diapers don't grow on trees! But in all seriousness, this is great news! Would love to see this happen (as you can tell by my handle)
    It’s kind of vague. They’re saying it’s happening but why wouldn’t they announce it at the 20th Anniversary if so? Least it’s confirmed Welling wasn’t trolling, I’ll take a Superman cartoon set in the Smallville verse alongside MAWS. Make this the more action oriented cartoon and it could do well.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  13. #43
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    503

    Default

    I'd find it weird to have two Superman animated series running at the same time.

  14. #44
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I'd find it weird to have two Superman animated series running at the same time.
    They’re kind of throwing **** at the wall right now with Supes because they genuinely don’t know how to make him popular but know he should be more popular than he is. So I can see them potentially green lighting this for the same reason they’re bringing back Keaton, an appeal to nostalgia. Plus at the end of the day HBO Max needs new content, and this could be the more mature Superman cartoon as opposed to MAWS being more clearly aimed for all ages.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  15. #45
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,230

    Default

    I wonder how much of season 11 they might draw from. I think at the panel Welling mentioned what it would be like to meet Batman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •