Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I wonder how they're going to deal with the Chloe issue.
    Assassinate Putin!

This could be interesting. I'd rather Routh get another shot at something but sure I could get exited for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder how they're going to deal with the Chloe issue.
    i guess they could just recast with a new voice actor. But i suspect the role itself is just too tainted and they ought to just write her out completely. Which is too bad I liked Chloe as a character.

I'd like to see the Season 11 comic adapted into an animated series. From a marketing standpoint, it's pretty much gold - a show that also has Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns and pretty much every character you could want? Seems like a no-brainer and it's already written for you. The only real hurdle would be convincing the execs to do a cartoon based on a show that ended 10 years ago.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be cool to get another Superman cartoon, even if I wouldn't have expected it to be Smallville related.

Would it be adapting season 11 ?
    If it happens, my guess would be either it adapts season 11 or ignores season 11. If it's NOT an adaptation, then a comic book season would be too unfamiliar to most of the audience.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This could be interesting. I'd rather Routh get another shot at something but sure I could get exited for this.

i guess they could just recast with a new voice actor. But i suspect the role itself is just too tainted and they ought to just write her out completely. Which is too bad I liked Chloe as a character.
    I suspect they will leave her out though it's possible to go with another voice actress and draw her to look a lot different. I'm not sure how much the original actress's situation is known to the general public.

Personally, it was quite a while before I realized how bad it really was. Even at that, I've never seen her in any other role so, if I watch the show, I just think of her as the character, not the actress.

In fact, I keep saying "the actress" because I can't even remember the actress's name right now without looking it up.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'd like to see the Season 11 comic adapted into an animated series. From a marketing standpoint, it's pretty much gold - a show that also has Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns and pretty much every character you could want? Seems like a no-brainer and it's already written for you. The only real hurdle would be convincing the execs to do a cartoon based on a show that ended 10 years ago.
    If this were to happen I’m kind of curious what they would call it, because I can’t see them calling it “Smallville: Season 11” lol. Maybe “Metropolis”?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What they could do is have it take place after the season 11 comic and just continue on from there. By that point Chloe was already out of the picture anyway. She went off to Star City with GA. This may sound selfish but I'm hoping they just ignore the COIE ending altogether. Even though that was the only way to get Welling to come back.
    Assassinate Putin!

The only real hurdle would be convincing the execs to do a cartoon based on a show that ended 10 years ago.
    Honestly, that would probably be a plus. Smallville has always been a really popular streaming show over the years since it ended. That probably makes this very attractive to the exes. Unless there’s some rights issues (I don’t think Smallville is on HBOMax) I would think they’d be all over this.

All-New Member

I’d love to see it but I’m not going to let myself get excited until there’s actual development. They’ve mentioned being open to an animated return since the season 11 comic if I recall correctly.

As for timeline the finale was May 2011 with the epilogue set 7 years later (2018). The COIE scene has to be 8 years after the epilogue rather than finale (so 2026 instead of 2019) as there’s no way it works just one year later. So they could set it in the gap between the finale and the epilogue (following on from, adapting, or ignoring season 11), or pick up after the epilogue and still have plenty of time to play with Superman in his prime before needing to address Crisis (they could even end with his retirement and the birth of the girls if they felt the need to tie it together).

Young Justice was brought back for HBOMax and seems to be doing fine. It was off the air for nearly a decade. Would I put it on something like CW? Probably not. but the whole point of a streaming service is so people can watch stuff that might not have a wide audience on regular TV.
    Assassinate Putin!

I should have clarified...when I said it would be a hurdle, I meant more in the way of "if you have the actors on board, and if you're adapting the comic, then all the work is pretty much done and your road is an easy one; the only hard part is getting the execs on board." Definitely possible, and doable. It's just with a Superman tv show on, a Superman animated show already in development, and a big screen Black Superman on the horizon, a Smallville show isn't the slam-dunk it would have been a couple years ago.

Smallville definitely has an audience, so if the actors are on board at reasonable rates and you can get by on animation without breaking the bank, I think WB would look at it as "the more the merrier". Or they might be more willing to shell out for an animated film instead of a series. My money would be on the Batman arc if that were the case, to maximize profit.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If this were to happen I’m kind of curious what they would call it, because I can’t see them calling it “Smallville: Season 11” lol. Maybe “Metropolis”?
    Probably either "Smallville" or "Smallville: The Animated Series".

My money would just be on "Smallville" though.

I should have clarified...when I said it would be a hurdle, I meant more in the way of "if you have the actors on board, and if you're adapting the comic, then all the work is pretty much done and your road is an easy one; the only hard part is getting the execs on board." Definitely possible, and doable. It's just with a Superman tv show on, a Superman animated show already in development, and a big screen Black Superman on the horizon, a Smallville show isn't the slam-dunk it would have been a couple years ago.

Smallville definitely has an audience, so if the actors are on board at reasonable rates and you can get by on animation without breaking the bank, I think WB would look at it as "the more the merrier". Or they might be more willing to shell out for an animated film instead of a series. My money would be on the Batman arc if that were the case, to maximize profit.
    My guess is this would be WB first choice. Having so much other Superman material out there right now does hurt it's chances of being made. Especially with a live action show that already lifts heavily from Smallville itself. There might be an attitude of "do we really need this?"
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I would rather it be a continuation of the comic, that was a awesome universe
    Would never happen. It'd be a horrible idea to make an animated cartoon meant for a wider audience that continues a comic not even 1/12th of the audience read.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would never happen. It'd be a horrible idea to make an animated cartoon meant for a wider audience that continues a comic not even 1/12th of the audience read.

No it wouldn't, it has the characters ppl loved on the TV show, but also all the great DC characters are there, with fresh new ways of interpretting them. Smallville was great, the comic had much larger ideas plus a lot of action.

BTW it has one of the best interpretations of Conner kent, with a great take on his origin, powers, and look
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.