Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    From Primal's line about threats from the past OR future, it sure sounds like the Maximals are keeping the 'Autobot descendants from the future' plot point.

I smell time travel.

Which should make the villains, the Terrorcons, the nu-Decepticons from the future.

I think we'te about to see them Star Trek 09 or Days of Futures Past this thing.

ETA: Also, is it just me, or do we 100% see Bumblebee GET KILLED in this trailer? That seems like a big plot point to spoil. I assume he's back before the end of the film, but still.
    M3h. I take trailer stuff with a few grains of salt more and more. How often have we seen stuff in the trailers that is not in the actual film or parts of scenes are CG'd out and such. The MCU Civil War and Infinity War trailers come to mind, and who knows what the order of the scenes is in the actual movie.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    From Primal's line about threats from the past OR future, it sure sounds like the Maximals are keeping the 'Autobot descendants from the future' plot point.

I smell time travel.

Which should make the villains, the Terrorcons, the nu-Decepticons from the future.

I think we'te about to see them Star Trek 09 or Days of Futures Past this thing.

ETA: Also, is it just me, or do we 100% see Bumblebee GET KILLED in this trailer? That seems like a big plot point to spoil. I assume he's back before the end of the film, but still.
    I'm sure this won't get convoluted at all .

Scourge looks like he's going for the jugular with 'Bee.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    While The Last Knight is tied with Revenge of the Fallen for worst Transformers movie. I was hoping to see a conclusion to all the build up they did with Unicron and Quintessa.
    If we could've gotten a conclusion to the Unicron arc I'd be happy with that, even if I didn't like it. However, if Bay was in charge whose to say we would've even gotten that. His films are a narrative mess.

Standalone Bumblebee was a very good movie. I feel it likely brought some good will back to the franchise.
    Rise of the Beasts trailer here looks solid. Hoping for a good entry here and who knows maybe it can loop back into the Bay-verse and if the writers are good they can tie that Unicron angle up somehow.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If we could've gotten a conclusion to the Unicron arc I'd be happy with that, even if I didn't like it. However, if Bay was in charge whose to say we would've even gotten that. His films are a narrative mess.

Standalone Bumblebee was a very good movie. I feel it likely brought some good will back to the franchise.
    Rise of the Beasts trailer here looks solid. Hoping for a good entry here and who knows maybe it can loop back into the Bay-verse and if the writers are good they can tie that Unicron angle up somehow.
    That'll probably happen. Like Bumblebee, Rise of the Beasts is a prequel. This time set in the 90s. Hopefully, they don't take the piss like the later X-Men films did. Decade hoping every movie for no reason.

Thing is bumblebee and this are "Kind of" soft reboots. The creators said they CAN use bay stuff like the FBI guy but can throw anything away like prime on earth in the 80s when he just comes to earth in the first film. So, it is a soft reboot more or less. They can use bay stuff or ignore it. This means they can say kill ironhide off in the 90s and it won't matter as it's a soft restart.

Ironic they didn't have megetron in the last film as he is asleep in the bay films but when prime comes to earth to early screwing it up anyways guess they just said screw it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-03-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Thing is bumblebee and this are "Kind of" soft reboots. The creators said they CAN use bay stuff like the FBI guy but can throw anything away like prime on earth in the 80s when he just comes to earth in the first film. So, it is a soft reboot more or less. They can use bay stuff or ignore it. This means they can say kill ironhide off in the 90s and it won't matter as it's a soft restart.

Ironic they didn't have megetron in the last film as he is asleep in the bay films but when prime comes to earth to early screwing it up anyways guess they just said screw it.
    Yeah, they could literally have Megatron show up here acting and looking 100% different from the Bay films, never suggets he gets frozen, and be fine.

...Albeit, I think that's largely because at some point they realized that, given how little of a damn the Bay films gave about continuity, the producers probably didn't give a rat's ass about any questions like that.

"Continuity? Is that a new Transformer? What car does he turn into?"
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, they could literally have Megatron show up here acting and looking 100% different from the Bay films, never suggets he gets frozen, and be fine.

...Albeit, I think that's largely because at some point they realized that, given how little of a damn the Bay films gave about continuity, the producers probably didn't give a rat's ass about any questions like that.

It is hard to categorize ROTB. Sequel to the soft-reboot Bumblebee. With decade hoping, and no returning human cast. But also blending elements from the Bay movies with the designs. Optimus’ mouth and eye are back to looking like the did in the Bay films. Bumblebee had Optimus with his G1 faceplate and solid LED eyes. Now the pupils are back and the emotive mouth is too.

I suspect the new TF team is just doing what they want to see adapted to screen; that hasn’t been already. While keeping it familiar for the general audiences. Megatron hasn’t had anything to do since TF2. Nobody is missing him.

I assume they're building up to an appearance by a more G1-accurate Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    It is hard to categorize ROTB. Sequel to the soft-reboot Bumblebee. With decade hoping, and no returning human cast. But also blending elements from the Bay movies with the designs. Optimus’ mouth and eye are back to looking like the did in the Bay films. Bumblebee had Optimus with his G1 faceplate and solid LED eyes. Now the pupils are back and the emotive mouth is too.

I suspect the new TF team is just doing what they want to see adapted to screen; that hasn’t been already. While keeping it familiar for the general audiences. Megatron hasn’t had anything to do since TF2. Nobody is missing him.
    To be fair, we didn't get a whole lot of Optimus in Bumblebee, and most of that was battle scenes. And it's been shown in the bay movies that Prime puts on the facemask when he fights, but pulls it back in quieter moments. Also, with him being in I'm presuming the majority of the movie, I'm sure they made a brand new, more detailed CGI model for him. They probably went soft of the details (like the eyes) last time because they didn't need to be as detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume they're building up to an appearance by a more G1-accurate Megatron.
    We will never see a G1-style Megatron. No major motion picture studio will make one of the main characters- who will become a toy that kids play with- a gun. At best, we'll probably see him as a tank, or maybe even a canon like Galvatron was in the animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be fair, we didn't get a whole lot of Optimus in Bumblebee, and most of that was battle scenes. And it's been shown in the bay movies that Prime puts on the facemask when he fights, but pulls it back in quieter moments. Also, with him being in I'm presuming the majority of the movie, I'm sure they made a brand new, more detailed CGI model for him. They probably went soft of the details (like the eyes) last time because they didn't need to be as detailed.
    His design in Bumblebee looked a lot better in my opinion. And honestly I don't think we need to see his mouth here, especially when it looks worse than it did in the Bay films.
    We will never see a G1-style Megatron. No major motion picture studio will make one of the main characters- who will become a toy that kids play with- a gun. At best, we'll probably see him as a tank, or maybe even a canon like Galvatron was in the animated movie.
    I know he's not going to transform into a gun but they've been using the base design and just adjusting his alt mode for years now.

With this in the 90s what 90s songs will we get as bumblebee was full of 80s songs?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Even as a 6 year old, Megatron transforming/shrinking into a hand gun looked extremely ridiculous.

Galvatron on the other hand was awesome. His introduction was cold, the very first thing he did was blast Starscream into dust.

Beast Wars was my favorite Transformers series, so I'm in!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

I *will* confess that I was keenly examining the trailer for any raptor-transformers and am mildly disappointed that it seems we won’t have any Shakespeare-quoting samurai defectors here…
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I *will* confess that I was keenly examining the trailer for any raptor-transformers and am mildly disappointed that it seems we won’t have any Shakespeare-quoting samurai defectors here…
    It doesn't seem like the legit Predacons have much of a presence here so that's probably why Dinobot isn't.

Also Rattrap, but the scale of a giant rat robot might've been a bit too much .