Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I noticed that the Maximals are a lot bigger than they were on the show. They used to be the same size as the animals they copied.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I noticed that the Maximals are a lot bigger than they were on the show. They used to be the same size as the animals they copied.
    Yeah, they're scaling them to be the same size as the normal Cybertronians here.

One can only imagine how they've been hiding on Earth .

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I think we'te about to see them Star Trek 09 or Days of Futures Past this thing.
    Maybe. The marching orders seemed to be that Bumblebee is a reboot and even if they did want to erase the Bayformers in-universe, there's already been discrepancies in Bumblebee. and a lot of past stuff in the Bayformers that remain unanswered (and mess with continuity as is). I think just treating the movie as the second installment in a reboot series or just making it completely stand alone would be the easiest answers. (I mean, does anyone really care enough about the Bayformers to want an explanation of where that iteration went?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The Netflix Transformers show did the same thing. Wasn't the original reasons for the Maximals and Predacons having smaller bodies that they consumed less energon?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe. The marching orders seemed to be that Bumblebee is a reboot and even if they did want to erase the Bayformers in-universe, there's already been discrepancies in Bumblebee. and a lot of past stuff in the Bayformers that remain unanswered (and mess with continuity as is). I think just treating the movie as the second installment in a reboot series or just making it completely stand alone would be the easiest answers. (I mean, does anyone really care enough about the Bayformers to want an explanation of where that iteration went?)
    The original Bay films weren't exactly that consistent with their continuity either. I think every one had a new explanation of their origins or how long they'd been involved with Earth.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Holy Crap actual Unicron.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Holy Crap actual Unicron.
    Wondering if the Terrorcons will be like...heralds of Unicron or something....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I know The Last Knight teased him but it feels weird to be jumping to Unicorn when we haven't even seen reboot Megatron yet. Like I thought were were scaling back a little after Bumblebee? I mean, live-action Unicron is cool and all but it's also a lot.

It sounds like the Maximals have been on Earth for centuries so I guess they probably started out on prehistoric BC like per usual and that's why the have Beast Modes?

"You brought a human here!?" I see Prime is unaware of how this franchise works.

Optimus wants nothing to do with the battle between the Maximals and Terrorcons? How very un-Optimus...at least until he has no choice because the Earth will probably be destroyed otherwise.

Sounds like they screwed up Peter Dinklage's performance like they did in Destiny, which is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know The Last Knight teased him but it feels weird to be jumping to Unicorn when we haven't even seen reboot Megatron yet. Like I thought were were scaling back a little after Bumblebee? I mean, live-action Unicron is cool and all but it's also a lot.
    Recall that the producer said they wanted to bring "Bayham" back to the franchise after Bumblee was more chill on that point (think the guy overlooked that Bayham was one of the reasons the Bayformers series suffered, but whatever). Or maybe they're looking at all the movies made, not just the reboot ones, and decided they were up for a big-scale threat. Or maybe it's just leftovers from when there was the idea to make another movie in the Bay universe that followed up on Last Knight?

(Could be quite the stinger if the movie ends with the chaos of Unicron revealing the Autobots' location to the Decepticons and seeing Megatron for the first time as he decides to take advantage of this.)

It sounds like the Maximals have been on Earth for centuries so I guess they probably started out on prehistoric BC like per usual and that's why the have Beast Modes?
    Centuries seems a bit low if they were there since the age of the dinosaurs. Seeing how the Dinobots and Scorponok have always been a thing, not sure there needs to be an explanation for why they picked animals instead of cars or planes.

"You brought a human here!?" I see Prime is unaware of how this franchise works.
    Wonder why Mirage wanted him in the first place?

Optimus wants nothing to do with the battle between the Maximals and Terrorcons? How very un-Optimus...at least until he has no choice because the Earth will probably be destroyed otherwise.
    Could be that the Autobots have their hands full with their own problems (wonder if the idea behind there being no Decepticons in the movie is that Earth is still hidden from them?). Or maybe the two groups normally don't get along?

Sounds like they screwed up Peter Dinklage's performance like they did in Destiny, which is disappointing.
    Wait, what?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I know The Last Knight teased him but it feels weird to be jumping to Unicorn when we haven't even seen reboot Megatron yet.
    Isn't he in this? There's a toy for him the same scale as the Optimus toy.

Like I thought were were scaling back a little after Bumblebee? I mean, live-action Unicron is cool and all but it's also a lot.
    Well while it seems to be beloved, its also the lowest grossing of the entire franchise. I think Paramount isn't too quick to want to erase Bayformers continuity (sparse as it is) hence the Bayformer-esque scale (Unicron???), title (its not Bumblebee:Subtitle, its Transformers:Subtitle), and it taking place in 1994. Remember, in Bumblebee the director was overruled with using Megatron cause someone above him told him "He's still on ice!" as per the Bayformers movies. Looks like Paramount was hedging their bets even then.

Ah, he's Scourge. Also, Coleman Domingo is the voice of Unicron.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Recall that the producer said they wanted to bring "Bayham" back to the franchise after Bumblee was more chill on that point (think the guy overlooked that Bayham was one of the reasons the Bayformers series suffered, but whatever). Or maybe they're looking at all the movies made, not just the reboot ones, and decided they were up for a big-scale threat. Or maybe it's just leftovers from when there was the idea to make another movie in the Bay universe that followed up on Last Knight?

(Could be quite the stinger if the movie ends with the chaos of Unicron revealing the Autobots' location to the Decepticons and seeing Megatron for the first time as he decides to take advantage of this.)
    This movie seems to have a lot going on.
    Centuries seems a bit low if they were there since the age of the dinosaurs. Seeing how the Dinobots and Scorponok have always been a thing, not sure there needs to be an explanation for why they picked animals instead of cars or planes.
    Rebooted universe!
    Wonder why Mirage wanted him in the first place?
    Sounds like he just ends up in Mirage's vehicle mode for some reason?
    Could be that the Autobots have their hands full with their own problems (wonder if the idea behind there being no Decepticons in the movie is that Earth is still hidden from them?). Or maybe the two groups normally don't get along?
    Optimus Prime is racist against Maximals .

I am kind of curious how they're going to address the Decepticons in this.
    Wait, what?
    He's playing Scourge who is the big evil 'bot of the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If it's what I'm thinking of, I think that was just reusing a concept design from Bumblebee.
    Well while it seems to be beloved, its also the lowest grossing of the entire franchise. I think Paramount isn't too quick to want to erase Bayformers continuity (sparse as it is) hence the Bayformer-esque scale (Unicron???), title (its not Bumblebee:Subtitle, its Transformers:Subtitle), and it taking place in 1994. Remember, in Bumblebee the director was overruled with using Megatron cause someone above him told him "He's still on ice!" as per the Bayformers movies. Looks like Paramount was hedging their bets even then.
    I guess that makes sense.
    Ah, he's Scourge. Also, Coleman Domingo is the voice of Unicron.
    I really hope they don't do to him what they're doing to Dinklage.

Also...I'm not a purist per say, but why do they have to keep re-inventing the wheel (pardon the pun) with Wheeljack? Its like they're overthinking the character, and you can't blame Bay this time.

What about Wheeljack says "glasses"? I don't get it. Bay thought "Wheeljack = mad scientist!" and basically gave us Hulk Hogan merged with Doc Brown. Steven Caple Jr. thought "Wheeljack = nerd!" and gave us...robo Urkel. Seatbelt suspenders? I just...

That aside I'm morbidly curious, like I have been since TLK.

Megatron is not in the movie, maybe he'll have a post-credits scene cameo, but any toys he has in the ROTB toyline are just repackaged old ones from previous lines.

Also...I'm not a purist per say, but why do they have to keep re-inventing the wheel (pardon the pun) with Wheeljack? Its like they're overthinking the character, and you can't blame Bay this time.

What about Wheeljack says "glasses"? I don't get it. Bay thought "Wheeljack = mad scientist!" and basically gave us Hulk Hogan merged with Doc Brown. Steven Caple Jr. thought "Wheeljack = nerd!" and gave us...robo Urkel. Seatbelt suspenders? I just...

That aside I'm morbidly curious, like I have been since TLK.
    To be honest I thought Mirage getting Jazz' vehicle mode was a bit much but he still looks way more like himself than Wheeljack does.