6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stigmazilla

3 50.00%
  • Jcogginsa

3 50.00%
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 3: Stigmazilla vs Jcogginsa; THE VOTE

Link to Match

- You have 48 hours to vote (so there's no rush, take the opportunity to read the match and its discussion).
    - Please leave a valid reason why you have voted the way you did.
    - Non-leaguers may vote, but I MUST stress that random voting sullies the integrity of the entire league. If you are going to vote once, please do so regularly across the board.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Alright, reading this match closer has left me incredibly confused about chunks of the match.

I'll go over some points and see if they point me to a clear winner.

1) I beleave the puddle jumper should have to cloak manually after the buzzer. "You don't start with powers up" was a general rule since I've been playing. The only exceptions were being transformed into a powered state.

2) Serpentara fights the Power Rangers. I don't know whether it has ever fought them in human form, or if it never got called out before they used the MegaHyperUltraMechaDragonZord or whatever the new toy is. I would have liked some feats for it's ability to target Hal. I DO know how ever it was ridiculously fuel-inefficient. Hopefully the comet, and Allspark have a LOT of juice to feed it.

3) Nature of Telepathy vs. transmitted through TV/Radio is vague and unhelpful. I have no idea how that bit plays out, although I'm pretty sure Charles doesn't have any feats of mind-zapping living lightning. *wink*

4) I like the idea of the gem to true name combo. Hal Blaring it out over a boombox would be cool too. Unfortunately all the monsters roaring and giant explosions would make it hard for Jasmine to hear.

5) I hate to crap on the Katra even more, but it really doesn't have feats for transferring minds with what was before upgrades a mindless vehicle, IIRC.

6) Hal is trying to do a LOT of things here for someone getting targetted by what could be Death-star-eque amounts of firepower. Especially charging right at it to hand off dude.

7) If Zedd chucks bombs to make his monsters grow with his usual Moon-to-Earth strength while he's INSIDE Serpantinia, that might crack a window or two.

8) I said the thing about all-spark making things into crazy bay-formers for years and nobody bought it. No time to start now I guess.

9) Time slow. Bleh.

10) WAIT, I just thought of this... DId Old Magneto ever magnetically manipulate something outside while being Inside a vehicle of metal? most of the feats for Old Magneto I remember being out in the open, and directly near the metal he wanted to manipulate...

Yeah I think that some of the tricks are really cool, and some could have used some feats, and despite that last question just popping in my head, I've talked myself into voting Stigma
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

To give a sense of scale on Serpentera, I'm not sure if My version of Godzilla would come up to it's ankle.

In the video I found, it's aim seemed to be fairly unexceptional.

Anyway, I'm voting for my team because I don't think the other team adequately countered my strat.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Close match but I think Jcogginsa gets a win here.

I like how Ares and the Soul Stone combine to attack Jasmine, the Flash using his metal control against the Puddle Jumper, and the Cyborg/Jean com o attack.

Good match both of you.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Dig the Ares vs Jasmine move.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jcogginsa found an ingenious way to counteract Jasmine, which is by no means an easy feat. Unfortunately, Stigma still has Zoom and Serpentera, and while Ares will eventually overpower Jasmine, Zoom/Serpentera will have already made most of Jcogginsa's obsolete. I'm voting for Stigmazilla.

Although I'd love to see everyone take a timeout just to watch Godzilla (Final Wars) go head-to-head with Serpentera. That'd be iconic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Jcogginsa found an ingenious way to counteract Jasmine, which is by no means an easy feat. Unfortunately, Stigma still has Zoom and Serpentera, and while Ares will eventually overpower Jasmine, Zoom/Serpentera will have already made most of Jcogginsa's obsolete. I'm voting for Stigmazilla.

Although I'd love to see everyone take a timeout just to watch Godzilla (Final Wars) go head-to-head with Serpentera. That'd be iconic!
    I think I handled Zoom fairly well.

And unfortunately, Serpentera's a bit too big to have an epic fight with Goji.