Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    You may not like the style, but the art is pretty much not garbage. There is an effort in the layouts and the character design sorely lacking in other titles.
    The art was the only reason I bought this book. I love Baldeon's work.
    Mutant and Proud!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I hated the art from the start. Stories were kinda okay, cast awesome. I am okay it stops but would applaud a follow up with a different creative team
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm in love with Northstar. He should be on the X-Men roster ASAP!

The team in X-Factor was truly perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I think I am the only one who didn’t like the art
    No its not just you and good riddance to this

You’re not. I got used to it, but I never bought this book for the art. It’s certainly a unique style that had it’s moments, but I can see how it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

BANNED

Not at all. I just disliked that expression used on something that has clearly a lot of effort put on it. Do you REALLY think it is garbage that should not be published or you just find it too cartoony for your tastes?
    That is true there is a method to the madness it's supposed to convey a meaning to people guess some didn't get it. But I do love this book entirely I am getting emotional knowing it's over we would miss it.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

No, I wasn't fond of the faces with the eyes rolled back and the mouths hanging open.
    My flag is bacon.

I really was intrigued by what Williams billed the book as, a team investigating mutant deaths, but I didn't feel that's what the book was at all. It was much more focused on the personal relationships between the characters than it was a detective story, which is fine but it's not what I was expecting and I also didn't care for what was actually happening. I'm also in the camp that didn't care for the art on this title.

All that being said I'm definitely picking up trial of Magneto and I hope Leah knocks it out of the park.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really was intrigued by what Williams billed the book as, a team investigating mutant deaths, but I didn't feel that's what the book was at all. It was much more focused on the personal relationships between the characters than it was a detective story, which is fine but it's not what I was expecting and I also didn't care for what was actually happening. I'm also in the camp that didn't care for the art on this title.

All that being said I'm definitely picking up trial of Magneto and I hope Leah knocks it out of the park.
    I went into this book expecting it to be the Criminal Minds of the X-Men boooks. Did not mind the personal relationship aspect but the investingation aspect need to be front and center.

You may not like the style, but the art is pretty much not garbage. There is an effort in the layouts and the character design sorely lacking in other titles.
    I don't think the art style was bad in fact I felt that the artist used interesting ways to show the display of powers but I also felt that the art style was never suitable for the tone of the book.

Was not a fan of this book but it was certainly better than New Mutants.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Sad to see this go. Hopefully my faves won't end up in limbo for the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I didn't buy at all because I think the art is garbage.
    lol at people with no talent calling art "garbage"
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Spectacular Member

While I didn't think the art was bad... it definitely...stuck out there. As I read a lot of different issues done by different artists you can tell each one's style. I also noticed, that for a lot of artists (good and bad) they tend to copy paste the same base face for female characters and just change the hair/coloration/dress. Like that's how you tell which character it is by the color scheme.

For this series, Baldeon definitely has a thing for drawing people looking with eyes all the way up way too many times, it's unnecessary and distracting. If I had more time I'd do a "eye's looking up" counter for each issue. That might be why Eye Bboy was included.

I can imagine that conversation.

We need Eye Boy on the team!

The team's roster has already been decided, why do you want him?

I must have him on the team!!!

....why?

because... REASONS!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm intrigued with David's package and requested outfit. Who sent it to him? Does it have anything to do with the Trial?

I am definitely sadden that this title is leaving. While it's purpose deviated from the detective title we thought we were getting, the interpersonal dynamics that Leah provided were fantastic. I felt that she provided the readers more in that area than any other book and I've missed that from the X-books. I'm tired of having to use my imagination to know how to close team mates might interact on a shared experience because it's not shown on the panel and we're told "well imagine they've talked". I am definitely concerned about where the remaining cast is going to go as this was a great team and it would be unfortunate to have them go into Krakoan limbo.

And art is subjective. You are allowed to love, like, dislike, or hate depending upon your preferences. But calling someone's work as garbage is problematic, so let's be more thoughtful in how we talk about someone's work moving forward. We're allowed to share our opinions and be critical but we shouldn't disparage.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm intrigued with David's package and requested outfit. Who sent it to him? Does it have anything to do with the Trial?

I am definitely sadden that this title is leaving. While it's purpose deviated from the detective title we thought we were getting, the interpersonal dynamics that Leah provided were fantastic. I felt that she provided the readers more in that area than any other book and I've missed that from the X-books. I'm tired of having to use my imagination to know how to close team mates might interact on a shared experience because it's not shown on the panel and we're told "well imagine they've talked". I am definitely concerned about where the remaining cast is going to go as this was a great team and it would be unfortunate to have them go into Krakoan limbo.

And art is subjective. You are allowed to love, like, dislike, or hate depending upon your preferences. But calling someone's work as garbage is problematic, so let's be more thoughtful in how we talk about someone's work moving forward. We're allowed to share our opinions and be critical but we shouldn't disparage.
    It's just Tommy & Trevor trying to surprise him.