Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's just Tommy & Trevor trying to surprise him.
    It could also be from the David who was assumed dead but is secretly still alive.

I don't understand the complaint that the book wasn't about investigation. There were ten issues, in those ten there have been three story arcs dealing with three different investigations: Aurora, Sofia, and Terry. In the XoS tie in there was a story about how a specific kind of death affected resurrection. And in the Hellfire Gala issue we will likely get a tease for the death in the Trial mini.

Baldeon's art is very stylized, when that is the case people generally either love it or hate it. I grew to really appreciate his work, his panel and page compositions, especially in the last five issues, has been amazing, and he was one of the only artists to put effort in creating a unique design aesthetic with the team uniforms and the design of the Boneyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I think I am the only one who didn’t like the art
    I don't like the art but I think it suits the team

Awwww i liked the art. I mean I've seen worse and this isn't that bad. I'm sad this book is ending because i was really enjoying the dynamics of the characters in the book. I'm definitely going to miss David and Tommy. Northstar was awesome! He and david need to be in another book along with eye boy. LOL They are hilarious

I didn't always like how the faces were drawn but I found the panel layouts and composition to be so much fun. Like when they were being evaluated in Mojoworld with all the little icons and symbols.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sad to see this book go. Clearly the art wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I didn't mind it at all. The character work here was top notch and it's definitely better than Excalibur.

I enjoyed this series and I'm sad to see it go. I liked the art, loved the character work and really enjoyed the family dynamic. Hopefully we'll see these characters utilized well elsewhere, would be a huge waste otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm in love with Northstar. He should be on the X-Men roster ASAP!
    Yes! He is a goddamn powerhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    and it's definitely better than Excalibur.
    Quoted for truth!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't understand the complaint that the book wasn't about investigation. There were ten issues, in those ten there have been three story arcs dealing with three different investigations: Aurora, Sofia, and Terry. In the XoS tie in there was a story about how a specific kind of death affected resurrection. And in the Hellfire Gala issue we will likely get a tease for the death in the Trial mini.
    Yeah I was also confused about this complaint. I do get the complaint that the book didn't focus on resurrection more, but I feel like that was a process that was pretty thoroughly explained before so I don't really know what people were looking for.

I didn't like the art either, but imo the backgrounds and environments looked pretty good especially in the creepy Morrigan issues. But yeah, not a fan of how the characters looked, especially Northstar's greasy looking hair.

As for the book itself, I found it to be just ok. I really appreciated the callbacks to the New X-men, and the follow up to the Siryn/Morrigan plot from PAD's run. And it's really cool to have so many LGBT characters in the cast, but imo the book wasn't as queer in actual content. And a lot of characters had minor roles, like Rachel. The cast itself is also quite random, most of them don't even know each other from before, which is fine and can be built upon to form new dynamics. I don't feel it did that though, aside from Eye-boy maybe.

Incredible Member

I think many expected the book to continue to be paced like the nearly perfect issue 1, which had a snappy pace and was basically a done-in-one solved mystery with all the players chipping in using their unique powers.

It might've been a mistake to go to Mojoverse for issues 2 and 3 (and not resolve things there). Then, of course, since it's Marvel, the book's momentum was further blunted/completely-stopped-in-its-tracks by the X of Swords crossover and aftermath in issues 4 and 5. With so many X-books being published, it's imperative that the fringier titles without an A-list cast use the early issues to generate maximum momentum, positive buzz and word-of-mouth. Unfortunately, only issue 1 did a great job of that, imo.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

NO! This is my favorite series!!!! Why is it going away?!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

This was literally the only satellite book that felt like a straight up X-men book! Perfect! Even the art made sense! I am so sad to hear it won’t be continuing especially compared to the other books! Like I am actually gonna miss even POLARIS! POLARIS for gods sakes. Why am I gonna be missing Polaris? That’s how good the book was!

Sword Of X was really the downfall imo. It's not fair to any new book to be saddled with a crossover event 3 issues in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Sword Of X was really the downfall imo. It's not fair to any new book to be saddled with a crossover event 3 issues in.
    That one issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That one issue?
    I really liked that issue. It picked right up from where Creation ended and I thought Lorna shined. I'm still sour about Rockslide but I enjoyed it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

There was one issue branded X of Swords but the following one still dealt with the fallout of it, so I would say that's two issues. But even before that, the two issues of Mojoverse were a mistake. Satirizing social media / reality-tv / streaming / celeb-culture is so overdone in comics at this point. Not that those things shouldn't be criticized in other formats, but to do it in the comics format is not creatively exciting and, as mentioned, is trite nowadays to readers. So overall Mojoverse and X of Swords are your issues 2 through 5, and it's very tough to recover from that.

Had issues 2 through 5 been like issue 1 -- a done-in-one solved murder mystery -- I do wonder if this title would still be alive now. I'm not saying that, down the line, when the book is on firmer ground, Leah couldn't have done different things like longer arcs or even done Mojoverse in like issue 15 or a crossover in issue 20 (not that crossovers are her decision), but the early issues of a new book are always so important to build momentum and an identity. The early issues should've affirmed and reaffirmed that this book is a mutant murder mystery book. Come join us for tales of mutant murder mystery. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom.