Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just cancel the whole thing. By god that's ridiculous
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Liam Sharp is doing the art for #8...that is going to be a rather jarring art change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They could not have picked a worse choice

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...57226520104962

lol

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

oy vey!

we will see

So who is going to draw last three issues? I doubt that its Clay at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He says he will but we’ll see. Frankly I doubt he gets the job done on time and will probably need Sharpe or someone else to help him finish.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm thinking it'll just be cut down to just those three and no further.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm thinking it'll just be cut down to just those three and no further.
    Yeah, that’s not happening. Get a life bro.

Not sure about the Pearl clutching going on about Sharp. Sure, it’s not as cheesecake as Mann, but he’s on of the most versatile mainstream artists out right now. It’ll be a gorgeous interlude, especially if he’s doing his own coloring.

Extraordinary Member

Batman would have been a few months from theaters before
    Which would have been promo for the book

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Yeah, that’s not happening. Get a life bro.

Not sure about the Pearl clutching going on about Sharp. Sure, it’s not as cheesecake as Mann, but he’s on of the most versatile mainstream artists out right now. It’ll be a gorgeous interlude, especially if he’s doing his own coloring.
    Why do I need to get a life? He's had runs cut down in the past so it's not out of the question.

If you're digging it, cool, but let's not pretend it's some universally loved wonder book that's burning up the charts and would never, ever have its run shortened.

I like Sharp's art, but I hate artist changes. They are half of the storytelling teams. In general, I'd rather have skip months than fill-ins for series.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I like Sharp's art, but I hate artist changes. They are half of the storytelling teams. In general, I'd rather have skip months than fill-ins for series.
    Same. It's a black label book so out of continuity anyway. Just release it when Mann's work is ready.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm torn. Part of me wishes they'd wait. But I have no major problem with artist changes, it can even work out well. Scott Snyder would break up a Capullo succession with Jock issue or etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I feel like this gets ignored very often, I wonder what the reaction would be if DC announced that King will be replaced for 3 issues and will be back later.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I feel like this gets ignored very often, I wonder what the reaction would be if DC announced that King will be replaced for 3 issues and will be back later.
    Especially if a team employs the "Marvel Method" then they truly are half (if not more) the creators.

Mann made the Batman/Catwoman duo so god damned sexy especially during the Super Friends arc, it's crackling.

So let's see what Sharp can do

Depending on who was replacing King, I might actually check out those non-King issues.

As it is, the fact that Tom King is writing this series has kept me away from it.