Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That's confirmed not happening.
    No more so then Bat/Cat is, his exact words were, "I kind of wrote 26 pages of it, and it got shelved because the television work was taking up so much time,but again, I never say never because I think those 26 pages were pretty good."

I'm not holding my breath, but personally I'd put better odds on the Arkham sequel happening than Bat/Cat simply because Morrison and Burnham are thought of more positively and sell better than King
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    No more so then Bat/Cat is, his exact words were, "I kind of wrote 26 pages of it, and it got shelved because the television work was taking up so much time,but again, I never say never because I think those 26 pages were pretty good."

I'm not holding my breath, but personally I'd put better odds on the Arkham sequel happening than Bat/Cat simply because Morrison and Burnham are thought of more positively and sell better than King
    In March Burnham flat out said it wasn't happening, change from last year where he was saying it was just shelved and not cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    In March Burnham flat out said it wasn't happening, change from last year where he was saying it was just shelved and not cancelled.
    And Morrison has since said(as recent as August) that he'd like to get to it "eventually" as he really likes what little he had written. Like I said, while I'm certainly not holding my breath for it to come out I'd put better odds on that book eventually seeing the light of day than a lot of other shelved projects including Bat/Cat.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    And Morrison has since said(as recent as August) that he'd like to get to it "eventually" as he really likes what little he had written. Like I said, while I'm certainly not holding my breath for it to come out I'd put better odds on that book eventually seeing the light of day than a lot of other shelved projects including Bat/Cat.
    I thought it was just that one special issue that's on hold, not the entire series.

All-New Member

Man, it seems like it happens 90% of the time. I hope they improve with delivery times in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought it was just that one special issue that's on hold, not the entire series.
    Yeah, it's the special that I doubt will see the light of day. I could be wrong, Europa came out after what? Ten years? So it could happen, but generally when something gets put on hold "indefinitely" it's just a nice way of saying it's dead.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if someone's already mentioned this, but is Liam Sharp the new regular artist?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I don't know if someone's already mentioned this, but is Liam Sharp the new regular artist?
    He's supposed to be on two issues, giving Mann a chance to catch up. We already got the first one. After the next one Mann should be back. Who knows though--Mann had a year to get the whole series done and he couldn't do it.

I sincerely doubt that the special would be canceled when it's the last thing Leon drew. Someone said above that it would be disrespectful to use other artists to complete it; it would be much, much more disrespectful for DC to cancel his final pages. From what's been said the idea is to choose other artists that loved or would pay tribute to Leon by finishing it. That makes a heck of a lot more sense to me.

As to when it might come out, who knows. But I think it's much more likely to come out than anything that's been indefinitely delayed by a living artist.

Ha! January solicits just leaked. The Bat/Cat Special is solicited for 1/25 with art by Leon, Tommy Lee Edwards, Bernard Chang, Mitch Gerads, and others.

So much for the comparisons to All-Star Batman and Arkham Asylum 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Ha! January solicits just leaked. The Bat/Cat Special is solicited for 1/25 with art by Leon, Tommy Lee Edwards, Bernard Chang, Mitch Gerads, and others.

So much for the comparisons to All-Star Batman and Arkham Asylum 2.
    Just because it's been solicited again doesn't mean it won't get delayed again.

But even if it gets another delay, I do agree it does seem that it will get published eventually.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Dang it, I really dislike multiple artists on a book. At this point, I'd like them to just give it to Gerads to finish. Rock solid artist who fits the style.

I can only guess it's something behind the scenes with Mann (hopefully nothing awful) as it's crazy he is this slow on just 12 (and counting down) issues with all that head start and the pandemic halting/delaying comics for months last year.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

He's supposed to be on two issues, giving Mann a chance to catch up. We already got the first one. After the next one Mann should be back. Who knows though--Mann had a year to get the whole series done and he couldn't do it.

I sincerely doubt that the special would be canceled when it's the last thing Leon drew. Someone said above that it would be disrespectful to use other artists to complete it; it would be much, much more disrespectful for DC to cancel his final pages. From what's been said the idea is to choose other artists that loved or would pay tribute to Leon by finishing it. That makes a heck of a lot more sense to me.

As to when it might come out, who knows. But I think it's much more likely to come out than anything that's been indefinitely delayed by a living artist.
    Sharp is doing three issues actually, he said he'd be doing 7-9 back in July: https://twitter.com/liamrsharp/statu...269800960?s=21