Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman/Catwoman delayed again. What’s going on?

Newsarama reports that the next issue of Batman/Catwoman, which was scheduled for June, will be delayed until September. That means no issues for the rest of the summer. Given that the series was delayed so long for Mann to complete the art, this has to be a DC thing. Is DC again usurping King’s intentions as they did when kicking him off of the main title? It sure seems that way.

Thoughts? (This isn’t a thread for King/Batman haters. There are plenty of threads for that.)

Mann takes forever, I totally can buy that even with the head start he’s still fallen behind. King’s Supergirl is on track to come out on time because Evely gets her work done on time, something Mann seems incapable of doing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I would be okay with DC shelving the book

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would be okay with DC shelving the book
    Good to know, thanks for your contribution.

Mann taking his time on the art, I assume.

I was vaguely interested in this but these delays just keep killing the book for me.

Extraordinary Member

Wait for the Batman movie

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Dang!

The Batman/Catwoman Special has been delayed until December 21st!

I thought that one year lead time for Mann would give him the head room to keep everything on schedule, but I don't begrudge him because his pencils are probably the best in the business.

But it does sting, but I may stop buying this monthly and just wait for the eventual OHC because this title may not finish until late 2022

Incredible Member

Mann answered in his IG comments that the delays were all his fault, but I don't know why that would affect the special. Unless Leon hadn't finished it yet before his death.

I don't know, Strange Adventures is also going bimonthly now. Slow artists being slow?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Mann answered in his IG comments that the delays were all his fault, but I don't know why that would affect the special. Unless Leon hadn't finished it yet before his death.
    Maybe it spoils something?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The art delays make sense. They built a buffer of issues to release thinking they'd be in different place now (with more completed) and they're not. This title is definitely finishing. The horse is already out of the barn, as the old idiom goes (tho I have no idea where I learned such antiquated idioms).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Newsarama reports that the next issue of Batman/Catwoman, which was scheduled for June, will be delayed until September. That means no issues for the rest of the summer. Given that the series was delayed so long for Mann to complete the art, this has to be a DC thing. Is DC again usurping King’s intentions as they did when kicking him off of the main title? It sure seems that way.

Thoughts? (This isn’t a thread for King/Batman haters. There are plenty of threads for that.)
    ...This is is incorrect and not what the Newsarama article says?

June's issue was already released, Batman/Catwoman #5 came out on 6/1 and issue #6 has been delayed to August. The Batman/Catwoman Special has been delayed from July to December, presumably having to do with the fact that John Paul Leon passed away.

This lines up with Tom King saying on the Word Balloon podcast this week that Batman/Catwoman is now on a bi monthly schedule, it's not DC trying to kick him out.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The move to every two months is a shame, but good things come to those who wait.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    ...This is is incorrect and not what the Newsarama article says?

June's issue was already released, Batman/Catwoman #5 came out on 6/1 and issue #6 has been delayed to August. The Batman/Catwoman Special has been delayed from July to December, presumably having to do with the fact that John Paul Leon passed away.

This lines up with Tom King saying on the Word Balloon podcast this week that Batman/Catwoman is now on a bi monthly schedule, it's not DC trying to kick him out.
    Thanks for the correction. I misread it. I guess I’m still anxious on account of the regular series being cut by 15 issues. To reference a post above, that horse was out of the barn too. But this correction and the clarifications posted here are is a relief. Thanks, all.

Extraordinary Member

I will also say that the whole DC cutting King's run short by 15 issues was a bit overblown by Bleeding Cool, his continued relationship with DC proves that imo. It wasn't a DC taking WW away from Rucka type situation.

This reminds me of what happened with Doomsday Clock...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman