Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I will also say that the whole DC cutting King's run short by 15 issues was a bit overblown
    Yeah, Bat/Cat is like 12 issues plus at least 1 special, so 13 issues. So there is definitely some overblowing going on, King's getting plenty of room to do all this. And I wouldn't be surprised if there are more specials like maybe next year as Bat/Cat nears its end.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-25-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would be okay with DC shelving the book
    I've been buying all the issues, but I actually dropped it after #5 . My intention is to just buy the Trade at this point. Maybe it's not so much the art work being slow. Maybe King is doing a rewrite ? I don't know. But really would have preferred to have King complete his original plan and tell his story in the 100 issues as planned. It would have been all over by now.

I've liked the series so far. The card stock covers are beautiful (seems king is getting the card stock on his books i.e. Rorsach and Mr miracle ) the art is nice. A few of the issues have the lame king music lyrics stuff but overall it's been good.

If the series needs to take a break that's cool. I usually read stuff over and over and I'm not eager to make sure things happen right away. I can wait. Plus there is so much awesome stuff coming out its all good.

I will also say that the whole DC cutting King's run short by 15 issues was a bit overblown by Bleeding Cool, his continued relationship with DC proves that imo. It wasn't a DC taking WW away from Rucka type situation.
    Batman is the key title at DC. That's kind of a big deal. It was down into the 70k I think, which is not bad for most, but they expect it to be 6 digits.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Batman is the key title at DC. That's kind of a big deal. It was down into the 70k I think, which is not bad for most, but they expect it to be 6 digits.

Yeah 70-80k for any DC book is great . But for the main Batman book they need it to be 6 digits , have to agree on that one.

But I still think that there's something going on with Bat/Cat , and don't think it's all Clay Mann's fault . He's had more than enough time.
    I still think there's some rewriting on King's part.
    The book is really beautiful starting with the covers , the paper quality and art work .
    Could do without Tom's tunes , lol ...
    Last edited by TheKryptonMan; 06-28-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Liam Sharp is doing the art for #8...that is going to be a rather jarring art change.

Liam Sharp is doing the art for #8...that is going to be a rather jarring art change.
    They could not have picked a worse choice Sharpe is the complete opposite of Mann after his art shift. Mann seriously needs to just retire from interiors and stick to covers, it’s pathetic that with all that lead time he still could not get the series done on time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They could not have picked a worse choice Sharpe is the complete opposite of Mann after his art shift. Mann seriously needs to just retire from interiors and stick to covers, it’s pathetic that with all that lead time he still could not get the series done on time.
    Dude.

We waited a full year for this to release.

I love Sharp and he definitely can do other styles well (see Morrison's Green Lantern) but I'm here only for Mann and his art.

We'll see how it fits in the over all arc, it may be a dream sequence or something; I mean the main Bat title had tons of those - so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Dude.

We waited a full year for this to release.

I love Sharp and he definitely can do other styles well (see Morrison's Green Lantern) but I'm here only for Mann and his art.

We'll see how it fits in the over all arc, it may be a dream sequence or something; I mean the main Bat title had tons of those - so who knows
    Don’t be surprised if Mann just drops out entirely and they bring on filler artists to finish it. He’s too slow for interiors these days, I fully expect him to transition fully to covers and commissions after this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don’t be surprised if Mann just drops out entirely and they bring on filler artists to finish it. He’s too slow for interiors these days, I fully expect him to transition fully to covers and commissions after this.
    I will be so mad, and just end up trade waiting

Wtf? Having this done by Mann was a huge part of my excitement for this book. I had already had the hardcover purchased in my mind. Nothing against Sharpe but that’s not what I wanted. I don’t even mind if they delay this thing again if it means Mann can get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I will be so mad, and just end up trade waiting
    Freaking called it: https://twitter.com/liamrsharp/statu...269800960?s=21
    So it looks like this news is out now - I'm doing #7, 8 and 9, pencils inks and colors, on top of everything else. Couldn't say no to working with @TomKingTK!
    My God the art shift for this is going to be jarring as all hell. It’s 100% on Clay Mann for not being able to finish this book, even with the head start he got. He’s just so damn slow for a cheesecake artist, can’t see DC ever trusting him with interiors on anything beyond one shots again.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Mess. Either you know you can get the job done within the allotted timeframe or you dont. Was really looking forward to a nice consistent run.

Freaking called it: https://twitter.com/liamrsharp/statu...269800960?s=21

My God the art shift for this is going to be jarring as all hell. It’s 100% on Clay Mann for not being able to finish this book, even with the head start he got. He’s just so damn slow for a cheesecake artist, can’t see DC ever trusting him with interiors on anything beyond one shots again.
    I blame you for my howls of lamentation

But seriously though I'm out, I'm gonna trade wait.

First King's Batman was cut short and now this.

It's gonna look so hodge podge like Heroes in Crisis

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd be okay with this being shortened and then forgotten.