Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That has actually been contracted since then. For example, back during Secret Wars, there were 2 different Rachels on 2 separate territories of Battleworld.
    I’m not sure battleworld could be used as example and our rachel just recently fused with her old self while she was prisoner of stryfe in the future
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love Duggan's Jean. Her playing the mediator and voice of reason just fits. But I'm sure the choice to lose their teenage son is still weighing heavy on her as well.
    But if the plan works she won't be losing her son at all...he just won't be a teenager anymore, he'll be back to his older self...so then she shouldn't have that much of a problem with it...

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ehhh I highly doubt they've spent this much time building up Kid Cable just for the the twist to be "It was Stryfe all along!!!" That would literally cheapin every interaction he's had with his family since Krakoa started.
    Would it? If he’s been a clone the entire time, ever since the real Cable went back to his future at the end of Brisson’s X-Force…

https://twitter.com/mistertoybox/sta...68740836069381

That would actually be a pretty cool twist IMO. The question is who replaced him and why? For all we know it was the adult version who knew about Krakoa (as he’s from the future and has history with Moira from when he first returned to this era) and who was already shown (by Duggan) to be aware that his death was coming by his own hand. So maybe he knew he’d get resurrected by The Five, at the right moment, and this was all part of the plan. That would be a baller twist IMO. Furthermore, it gives Cable a new lease on life which he looks to be using by joining Storm on Mars or on the Peak and participating in The Last Annihilation event. And Kid Cable (revealed to be a Stryfe clone) giving him the Light of Galador as he embarks upon this new mission out in the stars would make sense too. Just saying.

Remember that at his core Stryfe has always been a lonely child who longed for his parents to love him. Ever since X-Cutioner’s Song revealed that. This would be kind of a cool way to give him a second chance, plus we get to keep the whole Summers family dynamic that folks are digging and we get the OG grizzled old Cable back too. Win-win in my book.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...54666903371776

Hmm…
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-24-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Would it? If he’s been a clone the entire time, ever since the real Cable went back to his future at the end of Brisson’s X-Force…

That would actually be a pretty cool twist IMO. The question is who replaced him and why? For all we know it was the adult version who knew about Krakoa (as he’s from the future and has history with Moira from when he first returned to this era) and who was already shown (by Duggan) to be aware that his death was coming by his own hand. So maybe he knew he’d get resurrected by The Five, at the right moment, and this was all part of the plan. That would be a baller twist IMO. Furthermore, it gives Cable a new lease on life which he looks to be using by joining Storm on Mars or on the Peak and participating in The Last Annihilation event. And Kid Cable (revealed to be a Stryfe clone) giving him the Light of Galador as he embarks upon this new mission out in the stars would make sense too. Just saying.

Remember that at his core Stryfe has always been a lonely child who longed for his parents to love him. Ever since X-Cutioner’s Song revealed that. This would be kind of a cool way to give him a second chance, plus we get to keep the whole Summers family dynamic that folks are digging and we get the OG grizzled old Cable back too. Win-win in my book. :)

Hmm…
    Do I want more convolution in the Summers-Grey clan? Nope.

But I wouldn't be upset. Kid Cable never read to me as the Nathan we saw in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, five years older. He read like a different character, so... that would actually not be bad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Remember that at his core Stryfe has always been a lonely child who longed for his parents to love him. Ever since X-Cutioner’s Song revealed that. This would be kind of a cool way to give him a second chance, plus we get to keep the whole Summers family dynamic that folks are digging and we get the OG grizzled old Cable back too. Win-win in my book.

Hmm…
    Reading a book called Cable and then finding out that it's actually been his clone the whole time would be disappointing. Plus, why would Stryfe be trying to kill his own clone? But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Don’t know. But it certainly feels plausible at this stage. The hints are there. And would explain why Duggan’s Kid Cable felt like a complete 180 from Brisson’s version in terms of characterization (as well as why he stuck around at all after the end of Brisson’s X-Force run, when he appeared to return to his future to live out his destiny).

Poor Cyke. Dude doesn’t want to lose his son again.

I'm really going to miss Kid Cable. And I'm also going to miss these beautiful family moments with him, Scott, and Jean. I like seeing them function as a true family, something I think was long overdue. I'm not surprised the old Cable is coming back. He was always going to come back at this point. I just wish we could've had Kid Cable with his family a bit longer.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm really going to miss Kid Cable. And I'm also going to miss these beautiful family moments with him, Scott, and Jean. I like seeing them function as a true family, something I think was long overdue. I'm not surprised the old Cable is coming back. He was always going to come back at this point. I just wish we could've had Kid Cable with his family a bit longer.
    I don't think you're not going to continue to get those moments in other books as Hickman has been thoughtful in showing them. But I will miss the interactions with Rachel and Nate as Duggan really got how the two of them interacted better than Hickman, and was the only writer to even attempt to write Rachel and Jean in dialogue in years. I do think the that Stryfe could be that Nate we're reading, although it would have taken some strong tp from Rachel and Nate to be able to rewrite his memories and such to where Jean isn't in on it.

As far as I was concerned, the kid cable was gone. His job was to take kid x men to the past.

Does anyone know if these last two issues of Cable take place before or after the Gala?

are we going to end up with young adult Cable?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Does anyone know if these last two issues of Cable take place before or after the Gala?
    i think before. they just got delayed a month each. 12 was supposed to be next week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Love this from now on Charles and Erik are the "helmet bros" to me .
    Lol, this can be kid cable’s one good contribution to cannon
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 06-25-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect