Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Would it? If he’s been a clone the entire time, ever since the real Cable went back to his future at the end of Brisson’s X-Force…

https://twitter.com/mistertoybox/sta...68740836069381

That would actually be a pretty cool twist IMO. The question is who replaced him and why? For all we know it was the adult version who knew about Krakoa (as he’s from the future and has history with Moira from when he first returned to this era) and who was already shown (by Duggan) to be aware that his death was coming by his own hand. So maybe he knew he’d get resurrected by The Five, at the right moment, and this was all part of the plan. That would be a baller twist IMO. Furthermore, it gives Cable a new lease on life which he looks to be using by joining Storm on Mars or on the Peak and participating in The Last Annihilation event. And Kid Cable (revealed to be a Stryfe clone) giving him the Light of Galador as he embarks upon this new mission out in the stars would make sense too. Just saying.

Remember that at his core Stryfe has always been a lonely child who longed for his parents to love him. Ever since X-Cutioner’s Song revealed that. This would be kind of a cool way to give him a second chance, plus we get to keep the whole Summers family dynamic that folks are digging and we get the OG grizzled old Cable back too. Win-win in my book.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...54666903371776

Hmm…
    Naw not a fan. Like I said him being a Stryfe clone would be a cheap twist that would invalidate everything Duggan has done. But hey I could be wrong I just won't like it.

I don’t see how it invalidates anything. The characters still had those moments and lived through them. It just wasn’t the original who did so, rather a clone. That’s like saying that anything Ben Reilly went through didn’t count because he’s a clone. Or Laura/X-23, though not quite as simple since she’s more like Logan’s biological daughter than a true clone of him. Regardless, I get your feelings on the matter and respect them, but I just see it differently I suppose. Kid Stryfe could stand on his own as an entirely different character from Cable, so I think that could be kind of cool I guess... as long as X-man doesn’t return. Because then you’ve got some real redundancy in terms of having two younger variants of the same character who are vastly powerful with no techno-organic virus nerfing their powers.

Spectacular Member

The Stryfe theory has one problem, we have seen the Kid and Old Man Cable interact through memories before. Remember the nuke he used on the space knights was planted there Bill & Ted style.

They're one and the same person, one is 16 and the other is 60. I don't think it would break the no-clones rule on Krakoa.
    They don't have to resurrect the Old Man, he can just call a another version from the future with the Bill & Ted memory trick. The one from the one-shot looks like a middle-aged compromise version honestly

Im with loke13. Making him a Stryfe clone would be a dumb twist. He's Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    The Stryfe theory has one problem, we have seen the Kid and Old Man Cable interact through memories before. Remember the nuke he used on the space knights was planted there Bill & Ted style.

They're one and the same person, one is 16 and the other is 60. I don't think it would break the no-clones rule on Krakoa.
    They don't have to resurrect the Old Man, he can just call a another version from the future with the Bill & Ted memory trick. The one from the one-shot looks like a middle-aged compromise version honestly
    Hmm… good point. Totally forgot about that actually. Thanks.

Extraordinary Member

This is just going to get drawn out to fill a the required number of issues, because the solution is simple: send Nathan back to the future that he has to return to anyway. Done. Then Cable can be resurrected since the OG one has long been established as the one who belongs in this time anyway. Done. Everything else is just drama so hopefully it is written well.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is just going to get drawn out to fill a the required number of issues, because the solution is simple: send Nathan back to the future that he has to return to anyway. Done. Then Cable can be resurrected since the OG one has long been established as the one who belongs in this time anyway. Done. Everything else is just drama so hopefully it is written well.
    Essentially this. He always will have needed to go back, like the 05.

Im presuming thats exactly what is happening here

Couldn’t agree more.

Ultimate Member

But if they were to resssurect Cable would he still be mostly metal like in the past, when Magneto nearly killed him years ago it was revealed that most of Cable's insides were metal and machinery...just like if you did the same to Forge would his new body have both hands and both legs or would he still be missing them...

Yes, as the T-O virus runs through his entire system (and is just more highly concentrated on his left side, particularly his arm and torso). It is also very much part of his DNA, which might explain why even a resurrected Cable would be infected.

To your point, though, the infection should be less advanced. Therefore he should be less metal honestly. But maybe it got advanced as they artificially aged his body through accelerated time as part of the Resurrection process.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But if they were to resssurect Cable would he still be mostly metal like in the past, when Magneto nearly killed him years ago it was revealed that most of Cable's insides were metal and machinery...just like if you did the same to Forge would his new body have both hands and both legs or would he still be missing them...
    Considering Karma still has her metal leg, Logan and Laura have their adamantium and Warren has his TO wings, then I think you already know the answer