Default Captain America vs The Blob

MCU Captain America vs Blob from the first Wolverine movie

Which Blob? The older, bigger blob, was knocked out by Wolverine head butting him. The younger Blob was able to blow up a tank by jamming his arm down its turret. So Young Blob beats Cap, old blob goes down like a chump

Logan near KO'd him with a single head butt, and then fully KO'd him with an elbow to the head, Cap puts him down with barely any effort via shield to the forehead, 10/10 times

Ya for some reason blobs Head turned into a weak spot after he got fat?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To be fair, that was 100% because of the adamantium. They made sure to exaggerate the metal noises. It doesn't make sense but then, neither does adamantium.

That said, Cap has a shield also made of magic mcguffinonium, so yeah, shield to the head for the win.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I don't think Blob's head got weaker later. I think it was just always a weak spot compared to the rest of his body. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but it was a pretty bad movie.

there's no fat insulating his head is likely the answer. His mutant power must be something to do with that... I guess? The mutant powers in Wolverine Origins were really dumb if memory serves

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    there's no fat insulating his head is likely the answer. His mutant power must be something to do with that... I guess? The mutant powers in Wolverine Origins were really dumb if memory serves
    Except he wasn't fat at all in the attack on the African warlord, certainly not fat on his fist, but he was able to shove his arm into a tank gun and block the shell with no ill effects. He seemed to have just some generalized invulnerability and strength, but Wolverine can knock him out because adamantium. Adamantium in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is like magnetism to comic book Magneto, you just say the word to excuse nonsense.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Except he wasn't fat at all in the attack on the African warlord, certainly not fat on his fist, but he was able to shove his arm into a tank gun and block the shell with no ill effects. He seemed to have just some generalized invulnerability and strength, but Wolverine can knock him out because adamantium. Adamantium in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is like magnetism to comic book Magneto, you just say the word to excuse nonsense.
    then the likely answer would be his bone and fat can tank a lot, but his ole grey matter doesn't take bouncing around in his skull much better than anyone else and his skull still transfers energy normally
    Last edited by Hiromi; 06-25-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The likely answer is just "adamantium." They went out of their way to make boooong noises on the headbutt and on the elbow, and as we all know, getting hit by adamantium in the head leaves a big owie, no matter how damn tough you are.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, while X-Men Origins: Wolverine had the bones of a good movie in there, the execution was awful in lots of ways, including adamantium magically increasing damage output by massive amounts because the writers don't understand how physics works, even slightly (see: adamantium bullet being fired by a normal gun is somehow able to pierce an adamantium skull that is impenetrable by regular bullets).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, while X-Men Origins: Wolverine had the bones of a good movie in there, the execution was awful in lots of ways, including adamantium magically increasing damage output by massive amounts because the writers don't understand how physics works, even slightly (see: adamantium bullet being fired by a normal gun is somehow able to pierce an adamantium skull that is impenetrable by regular bullets).
    In fairness, no comic book or cbm cares about how physics works. Just look at any example of 800 pound Hulk launching himself hundreds of miles through the air without leaving any evidence he'd done so on the ground, or Flash running on water.