12 13.64%
  • Alt. reality versions of Peter

3 3.41%
  • Others(Specify in comments)

0 0%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    It was stated in canon, yes, at the time. So at the time, he was the “best”. It’s a pretty big multiverse out there. Him being best today, doesn’t mean he’s the best tomorrow, is what I feel. Dunno. What’s canon today is retconned tomorrow. I don’t really see him as “best”, just that he has had more tenure.

It’s all really people’s preference at this point, I feel.
    When has it been stated that Miles is the best.
    When they do that we will talk.

Cable said he was the best in the future(Pre secret wars) and Miguel said Peter was the best hero of all of them, not just the spider-people(Post secret wars).
    Spider-UK and Madame Web(both of them can see in the future) have said he is the best of them.
    We just got the Lifeline tablet wizard who said peter is a true hero and worthy of the tablets.

Also Pete's action have had consequences to the Web of Life and Destiny.
    In Grim Hunt him killing Kraven lead to the grim future.
    In Spider-Island Madame Web said that Peter doesn't realize how important he is.Not only is he the centre of the web and the best of them(confirmed by Spider-UK) he is the Lynchpin of the Web and he decides the lines between hero and villain.
    In Kindred stuff Madame Web calls him the champion of the Web and when his life is in danger via Goblin and Kindred they all are sent messages via nightmares.
    It's not just statements.

Again I agree things get retconned.Miles had actual character development and consequences and purpose in the 1610.It got retconned.
    None of what has been said about Peter has been retconned.

If it is we'll talk then.But with current info it's clear that Peter is far superior.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I picked alt Peter, specifically Ultimate Peter.

He is everything I think of when I think of a Good hero

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    When has it been stated that Miles is the best.
    When they do that we will talk.

Cable said he was the best in the future(Pre secret wars) and Miguel said Peter was the best hero of all of them, not just the spider-people(Post secret wars).
    Spider-UK and Madame Web(both of them can see in the future) have said he is the best of them.
    We just got the Lifeline tablet wizard who said peter is a true hero and worthy of the tablets.

Also Pete's action have had consequences to the Web of Life and Destiny.
    In Grim Hunt him killing Kraven lead to the grim future.
    In Spider-Island Madame Web said that Peter doesn't realize how important he is.Not only is he the centre of the web and the best of them(confirmed by Spider-UK) he is the Lynchpin of the Web and he decides the lines between hero and villain.
    In Kindred stuff Madame Web calls him the champion of the Web and when his life is in danger via Goblin and Kindred they all are sent messages via nightmares.
    It's not just statements.

Again I agree things get retconned.Miles had actual character development and consequences and purpose in the 1610.It got retconned.
    None of what has been said about Peter has been retconned.

If it is we'll talk then.But with current info it's clear that Peter is far superior.
    I never said Miles was the best or was stated to be the best. Not at all.

WHAT I SAID was that any time in printed canon, it CAN be changed that anyone else can be the “best” Spider-man. Heck, it could even be another “alternate” Peter. As we have seen all across Marvel Conics, time travel a d seeing into the future, doesn’t mean anything. All time travel does is seem to create a new multiverse-dimension it seems, looking at how time-travel is used across Marvel.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-25-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I picked alt Peter, specifically Ultimate Peter.

He is everything I think of when I think of a Good hero

1610 is alt. peter.

I feel 1610 peter had an invincible type story in the sense it was one run more or less.It was consistent and fun with a nice tone.

He's no. 4 because of lack of stories but I re-read the first run a lot.

Astonishing Member

Try to be fair and subjective.
    Choose on bases of their character and stories.
    Reasoning:Generally surprised to see how many people dislike Peter on here compared to all other platforms so i thought this would help out to solve my deilemma.

Also while reasoning is welcome it is not necessary.This is more of a numbers game and not a discussion.Although debate is always welcome
    Comparing Peter to the other spider wannabes is like comparing Marilyn Monroe to her imitators like Jayne Mansfield. He is the original with the best stories, rogues gallery and supporting cast. Ben with the memories of Aunt May and Uncle Ben might actually be the very worst. Why? There is nothing to define who he is as a human being. He is basically the substitute teacher that almost everyone disrespected when he ( or she) came to class. At least Otto as much as a douche as he is had Anna Maria and got his doctorate. What has Ben ever accomplished?

Extraordinary Member

I never said Miles was the best or was stated to be the best. Not at all.

WHAT I SAID was that any time in printed canon, it CAN be changed that anyone else can be the “best” Spider-man. Heck, it could even be another “alternate” Peter. As we have seen all across Marvel Conics, time travel a d seeing into the future, doesn’t mean anything. All time travel does is seem to create a new multiverse-dimension it seems, looking at how time-travel is used across Marvel.
    I am saying Peter is the best and has been stated as such again and again.

By that logic anything we know can be changed at any moment.
    You lost the discussion with Miles and are now making excuses.

We talk about the present in the present.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Comparing Peter to the other spider wannabes is like comparing Marilyn Monroe to her imitators like Jayne Mansfield. He is the original with the best stories, rogues gallery and supporting cast. Ben with the memories of Aunt May and Uncle Ben might actually be the very worst. Why? There is nothing to define who he is as a human being. He is basically the substitute teacher that almost everyone disrespected when he ( or she) came to class. At least Otto as much as a douche as he is had Anna Maria and got his doctorate. What has Ben ever accomplished?
    All this.
    I'm not defending Ben.Specially since having the same memories is not something you want in a clone.

Astonishing Member

It was stated in canon, yes, at the time. So at the time, he was the “best”. It’s a pretty big multiverse out there. Him being best today, doesn’t mean he’s the best tomorrow, is what I feel. Dunno. What’s canon today is retconned tomorrow. I don’t really see him as “best”, just that he has had more tenure.

It’s all really people’s preference at this point, I feel.
    Personal opinion, yes. But they will always cycle back to Peter in the end. Same as Clark is Superman and Bruce Wayne is Batman. No matter who occupies those roles, even temporarily, eventually things go back to the original.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Personal opinion, yes. But they will always cycle back to Peter in the end. Same as Clark is Superman and Bruce Wayne is Batman. No matter who occupies those roles, even temporarily, eventually things go back to the original.
    Exactly.
    That is who they are.
    Jon, Fox and Miles will be a version but never the main thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    And I agree with that.

Incredible Member

I am saying Peter is the best and has been stated as such again and again.

By that logic anything we know can be changed at any moment.
    You lost the discussion with Miles and are now making excuses.

We talk about the present in the present.
    No one can lose a discussion. That what a discussion is. Now one can lose an argument, yes. My discussion was about what could change in the future. At what point was it agreed upon that we were talking about the present?

You remind me off all the other Internet bullies who get all mad when someone else doesn’t share your personal tastes and like to lash out. Like, “how dare I like and enjoy something else”, lol.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-25-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

No one can lose a discussion. That what a discussion is. Now one can lose an argument, yes. My discussion was about what could change in the future. At what point was it agreed upon that we were talking about the present?

You remind me off all the other Internet bullies who get all mad when someone else doesn’t share your personal tastes and like to lash out. Like, “how dare I like and enjoy something else”, lol.
    No.It started with you arguing that Miles is better than Pete and that in the multiverse anything can happen even though Spider-verse and most of my statements included both Peter and Miles and took future into consideration.

Also you remind me of the people who instead of accepting that they might have been wrong change the subject and try to play the victim card.

And you have a good day.

Also I find it funny that Miles hasn't got a single vote XD
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-25-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Ultimately, think my issue is more with Marvel's treatment of Peter than the character himself.

While Peter has experienced a lot, I feel he hasn't moved in terms of character growth. He's still in the same place he was way back when (when he started), which IMO, is stale.
    I chalk this up to Marvel not letting him evolve/ always resetting the status quo. Thus, I find him boring.

To my mind, it seems that Marvel has made Peter's situation ("loser", "parker luck", "average joe", etcetera) a fundamental part of his character which I think is "incorrect". Peter's character is about responsibility, seflessness, courage in the face of overwhelming odds etcetera. This IMO is his core and it's something that can be tranferred to various settings e.g. he can be a successful business man but that doesn't change his core.

And while I get the quips/humour is part of the character - I've grown out of it. More times than not, I find them highly annoying.

So is Original, 616 Peter Parker Spider-Man the "best"? Probably. But then again it depends on what the criteria being used is.

For me however, he comes after (in no particular order) - Miles (Spider-Man), Kaine (Scarlet), Ben (Scarlet), Tolliver (Superior) and some alternate versions of Peter himself.

Incredible Member

No.It started with you arguing that Miles is better than Pete and that in the multiverse anything can happen even though Spider-verse and most of my statements included both Peter and Miles and took future into consideration.

Also you remind me of the people who instead of accepting that they might have been wrong change the subject and try to play the victim card.

And you have a good day.

Also I find it funny that Miles hasn't got a single vote XD
    I’ll have to go back and see where I said Miles was better than Peter in those exact words. Because in this tread, I did NOT at once say that Miles was better than Peter.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-25-2021 at 06:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Ultimately, think my issue is more with Marvel's treatment of Peter than the character himself.

While Peter has experienced a lot, I feel he hasn't moved in terms of character growth. He's still in the same place he was way back when (when he started), which IMO, is stale.
    I chalk this up to Marvel not letting him evolve/ always resetting the status quo. Thus, I find him boring.

To my mind, it seems that Marvel has made Peter's situation ("loser", "parker luck", "average joe", etcetera) a fundamental part of his character which I think is "incorrect". Peter's character is about responsibility, seflessness, courage in the face of overwhelming odds etcetera. This IMO is his core and it's something that can be tranferred to various settings e.g. he can be a successful business man but that doesn't change his core.

And while I get the quips/humour is part of the character - I've grown out of it. More times than not, I find them highly annoying.

So is Original, 616 Peter Parker Spider-Man the "best"? Probably. But then again it depends on what the criteria being used is.

For me however, he comes after (in no particular order) - Miles (Spider-Man), Kaine (Scarlet), Ben (Scarlet), Tolliver (Superior) and some alternate versions of Peter himself.
    The idea Peter ever comes after Miles is just hilarious, like at least with Ben and Kaine they actually have personalities and have things differently than Peter.
    Miles? No real characterization whatsoever, and all he has ever done is rehash what Peter has already done, so it's near impossible for me to see this as anything other than hilarious, because you can't say Peter is boring and then go on and prop up a character who just does what Peter does.