12 13.64%
  • Alt. reality versions of Peter

3 3.41%
  • Others(Specify in comments)

0 0%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’ll have to go back and see where I said Miles was better than Peter in those exact words. Because in this tread, I did NOT at once say that Miles was better than Peter.
    Just checked and you have not once said that here.
    I got you confused with another thread or another person and I apologize.

I got a bit too into it and should have checked before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    The idea Peter ever comes after Miles is just hilarious, like at least with Ben and Kaine they actually have personalities and have things differently than Peter.
    Miles? No real characterization whatsoever, and all he has ever done is rehash what Peter has already done, so it's near impossible for me to see this as anything other than hilarious, because you can't say Peter is boring and then go on and prop up a character who just does what Peter does.
    Pretty much all this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Pretty much all this.
    This is my Spider-Man ranking:
    1: Peter ( 616).
    2:,Peter ( AU’s)
    3: Miguel.
    4: Miles ( AU’s
    5: Otto
    6: Miles (616).
    7: Ben.
    I would even rank some of the ladies like Annie, Julia and Gwen ahead of Ben ( just ahead of Cindy). To me Ben is nothing more then a “Substitute Teacher” filling in for Peter just like these new writers are subs waiting for Zdarsky, Cates or some other prominent writer to take over.

Incredible Member

The idea Peter ever comes after Miles is just hilarious, like at least with Ben and Kaine they actually have personalities and have things differently than Peter.
    Miles? No real characterization whatsoever, and all he has ever done is rehash what Peter has already done, so it's near impossible for me to see this as anything other than hilarious, because you can't say Peter is boring and then go on and prop up a character who just does what Peter does.
    Here's the thing - that's my opinion. Period.
    And this here is yours. Period.
    End of.

A trend I see way too often on these Boards is people failing to accept a different opinion to theirs.
    Now that's hilarious.

Guess we've both made each others day with hilarious posts.

And IF you can't connect the dots to why I rank Peter there based on what came before...not sure what to tell you friend.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 06-25-2021 at 07:05 AM.

the best Spider-Man is the one I like cant tell me otherwise
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    End of.

A trend I see way too often on these Boards is people failing to accept a different opinion to theirs.
    Now that's hilarious.

And IF you can't connect the dots to why I rank Peter there based on what came before...not sure what to tell you friend.
    No I connected the dots, it still ended being pretty nonsensical regardless.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the best Spider-Man is the one I like cant tell me otherwise
    I mean sure but at that point you aren't discussing it.

You can like hot dogs with grape jelly soaked in Coke Zero.And you have the right to like and no one can tell you otherwise.

Our discussion is who is the better Spider-man subjectively.As in who is better in canon in respect to stories, characterization , supporting cast, villains, etc.

Also I made this thread because people were claiming that Miles and Ock win in polls.Clearly this is not the case.

Miles doesn't even have 1 vote.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-25-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

End of.

Now that's hilarious.

I see your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    But you dots even when connected don't make much sense.

Astonishing Member

Ultimately, think my issue is more with Marvel's treatment of Peter than the character himself.

While Peter has experienced a lot, I feel he hasn't moved in terms of character growth. He's still in the same place he was way back when (when he started), which IMO, is stale.
    I chalk this up to Marvel not letting him evolve/ always resetting the status quo. Thus, I find him boring.

To my mind, it seems that Marvel has made Peter's situation ("loser", "parker luck", "average joe", etcetera) a fundamental part of his character which I think is "incorrect". Peter's character is about responsibility, seflessness, courage in the face of overwhelming odds etcetera. This IMO is his core and it's something that can be tranferred to various settings e.g. he can be a successful business man but that doesn't change his core.

And while I get the quips/humour is part of the character - I've grown out of it. More times than not, I find them highly annoying.

So is Original, 616 Peter Parker Spider-Man the "best"? Probably. But then again it depends on what the criteria being used is.

For me however, he comes after (in no particular order) - Miles (Spider-Man), Kaine (Scarlet), Ben (Scarlet), Tolliver (Superior) and some alternate versions of Peter himself.
    Marvel will never allow Miles to grow much either (sadly). Now Kaine? Yes. I think certain characters have to remain in amber (just the view at Marvel). But a secondary character like Kaine? Writers can do with what they please and he has had a great arc.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 06-25-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Incredible Member

No I connected the dots, it still ended being pretty nonsensical regardless.
    I see your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    But you dots even when connected don't make much sense.

Heh heh. Alright mates.
    Lemme indulge you a little bit more.
    If you would be so kind to elaborate on how the dots "don't make much sense"... to you..

@SF001 - based on your response to @Jman 27 - the objective of your poll appears to be geared at "proving" (if that is the right word) that Peter is better than Miles/ Ock. You do know that whatever majority here think is not the law right? Like it's just popular opinion. Even if everyone was to vote for Spider-Ham. Point is, it all boils down to who each an everyone likes.

Also asking "who is better in canon in respect to stories, characterization , supporting cast, villains, etc." - the mere fact one character (1) is the "main" one and (2) the one which has existed the longest - probability is that character would edge out the others as there has been more time invested in it/him.

Extraordinary Member

Heh heh. Alright mates.
    Lemme indulge you a little bit more.
    If you would be so kind to elaborate on how the dots "don't make much sense"... to you..

@SF001 - based on your response to @Jman 27 - the objective of your poll appears to be geared at "proving" (if that is the right word) that Peter is better than Miles/ Ock. You do know that whatever majority here think is not the law right? Like it's just popular opinion. Even if everyone was to vote for Spider-Ham. Point is, it all boils down to who each an everyone likes.

Also asking "who is better in canon in respect to stories, characterization , supporting cast, villains, etc." - the mere fact one character (1) is the "main" one and (2) the one which has existed the longest - probability is that character would edge out the others as there has been more time invested in it/him.
    Well why don't you re-read your posts and make sense of them and connect the dots for us.It will save for more time.

Again because people said that Miles and Ock won in popularity polls.That is an popularity poll that proves otherwise.

Again I said even when you compare the first 10 years for both characters Peter has superior stories, characterization , supporting cast, villains, etc. in comparison to Miles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Marvel will never allow Miles to grow much either (sadly). Now Kaine? Yes. I think certain characters have to remain in amber (just the view at Marvel). But a secondary character like Kaine? Writers can do with what they please and he has had a great arc.
    Yup.
    He will be the teen Spidey for the next couple decades.
    Also his popularity will die down since he is at his peak rn(w/ the movie, the solo game, the push marvel is making, sequel, etc.)

Incredible Member

Well why don't you re-read your posts and make sense of them and connect the dots for us.It will save for more time.

Again because people said that Miles and Ock won in popularity polls.That is an popularity poll that proves otherwise.

Again I said even when you compare the first 10 years for both characters Peter has superior stories, characterization , supporting cast, villains, etc. in comparison to Miles.
    1. Nah, not go'n fly. My post was pretty straightforward as to why Peter is not the top of my "leaderboard". You made a statement, you should be able to back it up.

2. Fair enough. Thought this was "word on the street" thing.

3. Apologies - guess I missed that.

Extraordinary Member

1. Nah, not go'n fly. My post was pretty straightforward as to why Peter is not the top of my "leaderboard". You made a statement, you should be able to back it up.

2. Fair enough. Thought this was "word on the street" thing.

3. Apologies - guess I missed that.
    1)I'm saying it doesn't make sense and I'm not the only one.Maybe re-phrase your argument.

2)Nope

3)No problem

Incredible Member

1)I'm saying it doesn't make sense and I'm not the only one.Maybe re-phrase your argument.

2)Nope

3)No problem
    Hmm.

Seems there was a break in communication somewhere. Going to try some realignment.

> Our discussion started with Metro's response to my post (which you co-signed) where he says: "The idea Peter ever comes after Miles is just hilarious, like at least with Ben and Kaine they actually have personalities and have things differently than Peter. Miles? No real characterization whatsoever, and all he has ever done is rehash what Peter has already done, so it's near impossible for me to see this as anything other than hilarious, because you can't say Peter is boring and then go on and prop up a character who just does what Peter does."

> What I get from this is you both are unable to see why I rank Peter below Miles (and the 3 others I mentioned).

> Now my post was pretty clear as it gave reasons why I prefer the others to Peter which, if you recall (you may have to re-read), I chalk up to Marvel's general attitude towards him.

> You both say "it doesn't make sense".

So I guess the question I should have asked is - What doesn't make sense?(/ What don't you understand from the original post?).

(NB: it's an opinion not an arguement . Not speaking for the masses).