12 13.64%
  • Alt. reality versions of Peter

3 3.41%
  • Others(Specify in comments)

0 0%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd say Peter Parker, but since he's a clone, I'll go with Ben Reilly.
    I'm surprised the clone got 8 votes.
    I though Miles would get more Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm surprised the clone got 8 votes.
    Peter doesn't have 8, he has 28.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m hoping Beyond is a fake out, and it’s actually Kaine, not Ben.

Extraordinary Member

I mean if thinking Pete's the clone then more power to you.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m hoping Beyond is a fake out, and it’s actually Kaine, not Ben.
    I hope beyond is a fakeout and it's actually Just Peter being Spiderman, y'know the way it should be.

On a serious note beyond ben could be from the multiverse.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope beyond is a fakeout and it's actually Just Peter being Spiderman, y'know the way it should be.

On a serious note beyond ben could be from the multiverse.
    I’m okay with a little detour, plus I have a lot of faith in the writers attached to the project. I’m optimistic this will be a fun ride.

My only hope is we’ll have a few titles with a single creative team. I’m not looking forward to a BND type of creator mixup.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised with that, too. I would have bet money on him being second in this poll.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m okay with a little detour, plus I have a lot of faith in the writers attached to the project. I’m optimistic this will be a fun ride.

My only hope is we’ll have a few titles with a single creative team. I’m not looking forward to a BND type of creator mixup.
    I'd be okay with a detour but everything since superior started has been one.Even Spencer's run although great isn't peter focused.

Also the best is to hope for someone like Hickman or Zdarsky at the helm(Spider-man) with other writers doing other series(other spider-characters)
    One creative team can't really write multiple titles at the same time.

I don't think they will do a HOX/POX style line reset.I just care about ASM getting a good creative team after this creator mix-up which is what people suspect this run is.A place holder.
    I mean the idea seems terrible as one but they can get it done in 24 issues in 8 months(3 a month) in time for 900 when we can get an actual A-list creative team on this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'm surprised with that, too. I would have bet money on him being second in this poll.
    People talk about him like he should be that but imo he's 3rd or 4th.
    But this is a poll and the fact that almost no-one thinks he worthy of no.1 says a lot about him as a character.

Astonishing Member

I'd be okay with a detour but everything since superior started has been one.Even Spencer's run although great isn't peter focused.

Also the best is to hope for someone like Hickman or Zdarsky at the helm(Spider-man) with other writers doing other series(other spider-characters)
    One creative team can't really write multiple titles at the same time.

I don't think they will do a HOX/POX style line reset.I just care about ASM getting a good creative team after this creator mix-up which is what people suspect this run is.A place holder.
    I mean the idea seems terrible as one but they can get it done in 24 issues in 8 months(3 a month) in time for 900 when we can get an actual A-list creative team on this.
    That's if it is a place holder (it could be. After all, that Uncanny run prior to HOX/POX was such a thing). It could also be a trial to see if one of the writers stands out with fans and is given the job long-term.

I don't think Hickman would be up for a solo Spidey run (I would absolutely read it though). After X-men I think the only other project thats a big enough draw for him to keep doing corporate books is LoSH.

Astonishing Member

People talk about him like he should be that but imo he's 3rd or 4th.
    But this is a poll and the fact that almost no-one thinks he worthy of no.1 says a lot about him as a character.
    I wouldn't quite go that far lol. You are playing with fire with that one.

I do have one question: is the spike for Ben from actual fans who enjoy him or is it the result of people voting that way to ruffle some feathers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I wouldn't quite go that far lol. You are playing with fire with that one.

I do have one question: is the spike for Ben from actual fans who enjoy him or is it the result of people voting that way to ruffle some feathers?
    I meant comic miles.The one in the games and movies is much better.

I would say both.
    Thier are Ben fans but some are just messing around.

For e.x. Superboy-prime who said that Ock Spidey is more popular than Peter and is the best is voting for Ben.
    Again it is clear he is trolling now but it's hard to tell online if someone is being sarcastic.(Just wanted to say I don't have a problem with him just couldn't tell if he was being serious)

I think the old reader vs new readers debate is an interesting one.Another one is readers vs SJWs on twitter.

I would say you should hold on to old ones and try to bring new ones in.Marvel doesn't seem to respect old readers imo(Yellowflash's vid on this Ben switch addresses this).This Ben move is opposite, its taking away new ones by nostalgia baiting.
    There are people who will come back for Ben but I think many people will drop the books since they are not familiar with Ben and his history is a clusterf**k.

As for Twitter SJWs vs readers.I would say readers all day.With what they did with Tim and everything(I don't mind it but it's sudden) a situation popped up in which people who want this change to happen don't actually read comics.I feel this is true for most cases, SJW'd don't buy comics.They either pirate or just read the news.They aren't invested in the character or in buying comics.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-27-2021 at 03:43 AM.

I have to go with the original Peter Parker, followed (surprisingly closely) by Miles, Miguel, then Kaine as the anti-hero version, and finally Ock as the far more villainous anti-hero version than Kaine. Sorry, Ben, I love ya but your run simply wasn't as interesting (to me at least) as the others who each brought something more original (e.g. setting, social dynamics, or crime fight philosophy) as a version of "Spider-Man".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I’d hit ‘like’ on this if I could.

First, I wish we could start using phrases like "Which is your preference?" rather than ideas like "best."

Like, I don't think my favorite Wes Anderson movie is his best movie, y'know?

Regardless, I have preferred Ben since I was like 10 years old. Certainly aesthetic things like his cool costume helped, but to me, Ben is great because he's like Peter+ in that he has everything thay makes Peter Parker a great character, but with the bonus of some heavy existential drama built-in due to his clone status. Those existential questions about purpose and identity were and still are incredibly meaningful to me, which is why I've always enjoyed reading about Ben, even more than Peter.

-Pav, who knows Ben doesn't exist without Peter though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details