Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Rob Liefeld Returns to 'X-Force' in 30th Anniversary Special

Rob Liefeld Returns to 'X-Force' in 30th Anniversary Special
    On this day 30 years ago, X-FORCE #1 debuted and took the comic book industry by storm! Created by Rob Liefeld, X-FORCE #1 was a blockbuster success, selling over 5 million copies to become one of the best-selling single issues in Marvel Comics history.

Commemorating the anniversary of this groundbreaking issue, Rob Liefeld will return to the X-Force saga this November with a new chapter in X-FORCE: KILLSHOT!
    The special one-shot will feature an explosive adventure starring Cable and his mighty militant mutant squad, taking readers back to the beloved '90s heyday of the X-Men franchise. Cable and his counterparts will assemble five separate X-Force squadrons – from various points in time – to converge on Asteroid S for an all-out assault to defeat Stryfe once and for all.

“X-FORCE was a huge gamble that paid off big for Marvel, paid off big for retailers and it changed my life forever.” Liefeld states, reflecting on the impact and legacy of the title. “I’m thrilled and honored to share KILLSHOT with everyone. Thirty years in the making, I intend to make every page a huge kick for fans new and old.”
    Return to one of the most iconic runs in the X-Men mythos this November in X-FORCE: KILLSHOT!

X-FORCE: KILLSHOT #1
    Written by ROB LIEFELD
    Art by ROB LIEFELD
    On Sale November
    Last edited by Hypo; 06-25-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

A one-shot sounds harmless enough. I used to enjoy Rob Liefeld's X-Force back in the day, and I like to listen to his Robservation podcast - don't much care for the way he often expresses his opinions on Twitter or how every other project he embarks on seemingly ends in controversy, so yeah, just a single story is probably for the best

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If this is what JDW was referring to when he said Shatterstar would be appearing somewhere soon I'll be very disappointed.

Astonishing Member

Oh god is that Major X AND Old Cable? The redundancy hurts my soul.

Incredible Member

"On sale November!"... of what year? Assume he will have 5-10 pages done by October, then someone at Marvel will put something out for PR purposes, he will get offended. And in 5 years, someone will say, "Hey, whatever happened to that X-Force special Liefeld was doing?"

Well this looks like a book i guess…
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I just want to see the photos or images liefield got on somebody. LMAO
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Major X !!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Ugh. Stop trying to live in the past.

I feel soooo uncomfortable looking at this art.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    A one-shot sounds harmless enough. I used to enjoy Rob Liefeld's X-Force back in the day, and I like to listen to his Robservation podcast - don't much care for the way he often expresses his opinions on Twitter or how every other project he embarks on seemingly ends in controversy, so yeah, just a single story is probably for the best
    Agreed. I’ll check it out. Hopefully it’s not as bad as Major X (and hopefully that character doesn’t have a major role in this because he sucks, but Liefeld keeps trying to make him happen).

I’m far more interested in what adult Cable will be doing in space with Al Ewing writing him, but I’ll take the character any way I can get him I suppose. Beggars can’t be choosers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I feel soooo uncomfortable looking at this art.
    Honestly, at this point criticizing Liefeld's art just feels like beating a dead horse. And then lighting it on fire for good measure.

Mighty Member

Who asked for this? Just stop already.

Terrible art.
    Major X.
    Vemon Deadpool.
    Pass.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, at this point criticizing Liefeld's art just feels like beating a dead horse. And then lighting it on fire for good measure.
    Totally agree. His work sold back in the day for a reason. It was dynamic and kinetic and fun, as were his characters and concepts. Sure, his style and writing haven’t aged well, and the characters he created back then were improved upon vastly by other writers who later worked on them and fleshed them out (thankfully); but the constant bashing of the guy just gets tiresome. You don’t like him or his art? Okay. Let it go and move on. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy this one-shot.