Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like most villains are white, and have been white. Along with most of the Marvel characters overall since they were created in the 60s and 70s. So I really don’t even understand that anti-woke tweet. Doom, Red Skull, Magneto, Sabretooth, Kang (in the comics; in the MCU he’s being played by Jonathan Majors), Abomination, Juggernaut, Loki, Enchantress, Green Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Rhino, etc.
    most characters have been white good or bad and straight good or bad, even today. anyone saying otherwise isn't telling the truth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

For sure. That’s why that tweet doesn’t even make sense.

For sure. That’s why that tweet doesn’t even make sense.
    lolol agreed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

I made the mistake of checking out the timeline of the guy Rob replied to, and what a loon.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I made the mistake of checking out the timeline of the guy Rob replied to, and what a loon.
    why do you say that

Some rabbit holes you’re better off not going down. Lots of hate and fragility out there on social media. It’s toxic honestly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lets also not act like these artists can't sometimes have their work fluffed at that market because if enough shop keepers like you the people buying the books may think your more popular than you are as a comic artists. That's why i tihnk the whole distribution system needs an overhaul. There is too much control in the hands of the shop owners on what is "deemed popular" vs. what is available for sale and where it is located.
    If it exists, that seems like it would have a marginal effect. The speculator boom was a bigger factor. Still, at the numbers Liefeld, Lee, McFarlane, etc were doing, both at Marvel and the early days of Image, they were legitimate rock stars back then. I'm not saying I like Liefeld's art, but there was real popularity and love for it back then.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why do you say that
    I should not cast judgement, I don't know the person obviously, but the timeline looks like someone who is too obsessed with the Twitter war.
    Some rabbit holes you’re better off not going down. Lots of hate and fragility out there on social media. It’s toxic honestly.
    Sometimes it is a nice reality check and helps resets ones perspective though.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I should not cast judgement, I don't know the person obviously, but the timeline looks like someone who is too obsessed with the Twitter war.

Sometimes it is a nice reality check and helps resets ones perspective though.
    gotcha and understood. thnks!

Incredible Member

I mean, the opinion expressed by Rob in this particular clip is shared by the vast majority. Yes, Claremont was better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I mean, the opinion expressed by Rob in this particular clip is shared by the vast majority. Yes, Claremont was better.
    I can't help but laugh at people who seemingly have never come across Rob before. This is him. Always has been, always will be. I am sure the people on the X-books don't care, and they probably didn't care he has been dumping on the people he worked with on New Mutants and X-Force, the 'friends' he founded Image with, or anyone he worked with over at DC. He was dumping all over someone for the way they were writing Deadpool a few years ago.

Then he gets work and hypes the crap out of it.

This is not new.

He was upset that Dawn of X did not include him or Major X (I am sure we all recall JDW saying all of the stuff coming out leading up to HoXPoX would matter), and trust me he will back at it once this project is ignored by the X-Office too.

Extraordinary Member

Rob has been working at Marvel for a while so these people don't seem too good at being snitches.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    THIS.....

Folks want to wonder why he and others keep getting gigs-how many times Marvel and DC have tried to get new blood and is met with push back from everybody?

I know folks cry about his art but as we have seen with him and others-toss them on certain books mainly Batman or X-Men-guess who can find sales.

He came in with no art training and found himself on a X-book and leading the launch of Image. How many other folks with training never got support or even in the door?

That is not on him but Marvel editors.
    Unfortunately no one wants to admit being a little snot nosed kid using up all their lunch money buying up all those holofoil/lenticular/3D/embossed covers of X-Force and buying Levi jeans because of how much they loved Liefeld's pouches.

Where do y'all think that gimmick came from? It came from Liefeld and the other young guns; they were so successful that they literally pushed out the old guard.

Claremont couldn't even finish his near 20 YEAR RUN because of these guys.

They're straight sales killers and they knew their artists' rights and became multi-millionaires because of it.

And here people are talking about "fluffing" numbers, there ain't no fluffing dollar bills.

Sales equals results, if he couldn't sell Marvel wouldn't look twice at him.