Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Obscure Connections You've Made

For obscure connections you didn't know about originally, but suddenly it clicked.

For example, the two actors to play Jarvis were 2nd and 3rd leads in Master and Commander The Far Side Of The World. I had no idea until tonight.

It took me a long time to realize that Gary Oldman was probably on "Friends" because he and LeBlanc were in "Lost in Space" together. Friends was so big and always had random big name stars, so it didn't occur to me there'd be some other connection.

I recently just realized that Mortal Kombat's Raiden was depicted by two Highlander actors in the 90s. Christopher Lambert portrayed Raiden in the first live-action film while Clancy Brown voiced Raiden in the "Defenders of the Realm" cartoon.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    For obscure connections you didn't know about originally, but suddenly it clicked.

For example, the two actors to play Jarvis were 2nd and 3rd leads in Master and Commander The Far Side Of The World. I had no idea until tonight.
    Someone other than Paul Bettany voiced Jarvis?

BANNED

Films Connection: Forrest Gump and Apollo 13.

Actors: Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise

In Forrest Gump, Lt Dan ( Gary Sinise) makes a joke to Forrest (Tom Hanks) that the day Forrest becomes a shrimping boat Captain is the day he becomes an astronaut.

In Apollo 13, both Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise play real life Astronauts Jim Lovell and Ken Mattingly

Both actors would also go on to star in 3 films in total. Green Mile, Apollo 13 and Forrest Gump.

In one of the Pierce Brosman James Bond movies the one with the media guy trying to start a war, Judy Dench who was M was in a scene with Geoffrey Palmer who was a military officer who Told M she did not have the balls for the job.

The two of them played in the BBC show As Time Goes By as Husband and wife. Which was an amazing show!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They were referencing James Darcy who played Jarvis live-action on "Agent Carter" and "Avengers: Endgame." He was also in "Master and Commander..."

Extraordinary Member

Anyone in any Superman media production can likely win a “6 degrees of separation” game to in like 2 moves, because they keep getting cast again in some other role later on in the franchise.

For instance… anyone in Superman and Lois is one degree removed from any one in Supergirl, which puts them one degree from anyone in Smallville and Lois and Clark… which puts them one degree removed from both Man of Steel (and thus the entire DCEU) and Superman The Movie… and being in that last film puts them one degree removed from both the 1948 Superman movie serial and the George Reeve 1950’s TV series.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Several years ago I noticed Charlie the Bomb Squad guy from Die Hard With a Vengeance was also the butler on Disney’s Jessie.

Speaking of Die Hard, future Hawkman Aldis Hodge (and his brother Edwin) made his acting debut as Samuel L. Jackson’s nephew in that movie. I found that out when Leverage first started airing.

It took me much longer than it should have to realise that this Oscar Isaac guy who was suddenly in every film was the same guy as the shady husband in Drive. I guess because he had a memorably awful haircut in that film, and he normally has his curls or a quiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It took me much longer than it should have to realise that this Oscar Isaac guy who was suddenly in every film was the same guy as the shady husband in Drive. I guess because he had a memorably awful haircut in that film, and he normally has his curls or a quiff.
    A lot of times ppl who are thought of as overnight successes have been toiling away for a long time before getting noticed. And the bam, they’re everywhere!

Big Bang Theory co-stars Kaley Cuoco and Melissa Rauch have both voiced Harley Quinn.

Rauch actually beat Cuoco to the role by about 2 years, in 2017’s Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post

The real Edwin Jarvis as seen in 'Agent Carter' and AVENGERS:ENDGAME.

In GTA V you can get your haircut like Randy from My Name Is Earl.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You mean MOON KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!