Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So Matt Price has basically Superboy like abilities, hearing, strength, flight and yet he is hurt by a cat and claims he is not Kryptonian......anyone got any ideas what the heck Matt may be?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I liked this issue more than the previous ones combined.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So Matt Price has basically Superboy like abilities, hearing, strength, flight and yet he is hurt by a cat and claims he is not Kryptonian......anyone got any ideas what the heck Matt may be?
    I just saw him as a science experiment gone wrong. His amnesia is a side effect. It would be funny if he's mystical in origin.

Matt's an unreliable narrator. It's not like they've put him in front of kryptonite or red sun energy.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I just saw him as a science experiment gone wrong. His amnesia is a side effect. It would be funny if he's mystical in origin.

Matt's an unreliable narrator. It's not like they've put him in front of kryptonite or red sun energy.
    Yeah but his skin is not invulnerable, as clearly shown by cat scratching.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It was a nice issue. I really loved the Stitch's story, it was the best of the special. The one of Matt and Tooby was also good, it was also nice seeing Tooby's powers in action. The Raven and Beast Boy was also nice. My least favorite was the one of Red X, as many I don't care that much about the character.

That could just be him not having all the Kryptonian abilities. It's not like Conner started out with the full set.

He specifically said he didn't have freeze breath either.

Interesting that Tooby's family pretty much ends up adopting him. We also learned Tooby's real name - Marvin. No wonder he uses a nickname!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Despite claiming not to be Kryptonian, he is coded after Superman. He gets a pal, surrogate parents, a pet and a life on a farm. All he's missing is the cape....
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-29-2021 at 02:40 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Isn't one of the plots in Suicide Squad that there are a bunch of Conner clones running around? Matt could be one.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

lots of aliens have those powers, he could be a hybrid of somthing

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Isn't one of the plots in Suicide Squad that there are a bunch of Conner clones running around? Matt could be one.
    That seems to be the main theory.

I'd say the weakest story was the Raven/BB date whole the strongest was President Stitch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-30-2021 at 06:09 AM.

Incredible Member

How can Matt Price not be invulnerable when he 'fell from the sky' in a previous early issue. The writer says that he reads what the fans say on twitter in a recent interview. I'm thinking that he has changed Matt and probably Red X's origins as a result of seeing some of the fans guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    How can Matt Price not be invulnerable when he 'fell from the sky' in a previous early issue. The writer says that he reads what the fans say on twitter in a recent interview. I'm thinking that he has changed Matt and probably Red X's origins as a result of seeing some of the fans guesses.
    Yeah but didn’t he say he landed in the ocean?
    Words to live by.

Yeah, fell in the sea, rescued by a passing ship. He didn't land hard on concrete, lol.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Well I assumed that he was falling from a height similar to an airplane which is about 31,000 feet up. If so there would be no way a human can survive that type of fall. Even if you fall from 1,000 feet because of terminal velocity you will not survive. Terminal velocity is the maximum speed of free fall of a human in air. The terminal velocity of a human is 325 Km per hour. But once you reach terminal velocity your speed does not increase which is interesting. I found a question on Quora- "Why would you not suvive a 1,000 foot fall into water if you break the landing with your hands, as how olympians do it?" 'After falling 1,000 feet, particularly with your hands in front of you your terminal velocity would have been reached, and it would be, well, terminal. You'd be traveling around 130-150 mph. That water would be about as soft as hitting a pile of sand. People jump off the Golden Gate Bridge and fall 150-200 feet to commit suicide. About 1,000 feet you'd be dead."

After this issue I would say that Matt maybe someone that can change/alternate his powers. One moment he has super strength and then the next something else. So he could be a Daxamite or maybe someone similar to Starboy or Vixen. Ants are the only creature on Earth that cannot reach terminal velocity when falling.
    Last edited by abetterday; 06-30-2021 at 09:19 AM.