Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Most ENDEARING Supporting Characters

My vote: Darcy in Thor movies. Give me her over Jane any day.

On Blue Bloods Garrett who works for Frank. He is a really great character and is a good foil for helping Frank see the other side of things. The cool thing is how Frank feels about him. There is a real respect there. Franks has gone to bat for him. And even though he has never been a cop Frank respects what Garrett does for the department and the kind of man he is.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-26-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    My vote: Darcy in Thor movies. Give me her over Jane any day.
    That's interesting because I hated Darcy. I thought she was the annoying, quippy sidekick type of character that I really can't stand. I blame Joss Whedon for the plethora of these.

Now that I think of it, I really don't know any supporting character in modern TV or movies that I'd find "endearing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    That's interesting because I hated Darcy. I thought she was the annoying, quippy sidekick type of character that I really can't stand. I blame Joss Whedon for the plethora of these.

Now that I think of it, I really don't know any supporting character in modern TV or movies that I'd find "endearing."
    I always thought that Thor and Darcy were the only characters to have a character in Thor. Even Hiddleston has less memorable moments in the first movie than Darcy. She made a mediocre movie somewhat more than that.

If we're saying Garrett, we might as well say Frank's whole cabinet. Sid and Baker are just as great.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    If we're saying Garrett, we might as well say Frank's whole cabinet. Sid and Baker are just as great.
    Yea I will agree with you there. Garret is the best but all 4 work great together. I could see a show just on them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'll be honest and say I think Baker is the best. She looks basically like his secretary, but still runs it.

Boisterously Confused

Nobody ever had a better backup band than (the original) Thomas Magnum.

Among tv/cinema superheroes, even tho he's his own thing now, The Falcon was the best buddy Captain America ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'll be honest and say I think Baker is the best. She looks basically like his secretary, but still runs it.
    Thing is she is also a good cop. Remember the detective work she did in the police convention episode where that dumbass cop was driving the highways at like 120mph and posting the video? Frank let her take the lead and she busted guy.

To be honest I enjoy most of the cast of that show. I dislike Danny and Linda.

No love for Samwise Gamgee?

I guess it depends on how we're defining supporting characters, but here's a few that come to mind:

Pippin Took, The Lord of the Rings (films)
    Hank Schraeder, Breaking Bad
    Glenn Cullen, The Thick Of It
    Happy Hogan, Iron Man & Other MCU films
    Minerva McGonagall, Harry Potter films
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

TV: Willow Rosenberg, Grogu

Movies: Thumper, Alfred (the Butler, the Nolan Batman films)

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Willow from Buffy. Gabrielle and Aphrodite from Xena. Nicky Parsons from the Bourne movies. Toby Radloff in American Splendor. Bubba Blue in Forrest Gump. Mantis is GotG 2. Delmar in O Brother Where Art Thou. Fezzik in Princess Bride. Sallah in Raiders. Jessie in the Toy Story movies. Igor in Young Frankenstein. Garth Algar in Wayne's World, although he was more of a co-star than a supporting character.

Im going to go old school and say Bubba From In The Heat Of The Night. And a low key pick from that show is Jamerson.

Retired

Cheeta (a.k.a. Cheetah, Chita, Cheta) in the Tarzan movies--although it's arguable whether this chimpanzee is a lead or a supporting. A non-binary character (how the actors choose to self identify I don't know), Cheeta carried some movies on their back. I have watched Tarzan movies just for their performance--the actors never seemed to put a foot wrong and did all their own stunts. However, I'm always reminded that these actors had bad lives in reality, so I feel conflicted about watching their movies. Yet it would be a waste of all that talent, if we refused to watch Cheeta in action.

Mr. Dithers in the Blondie movies may seem like a villain, but he always shows his compassion in the end. As played by Jonathan Hale, I so enjoy watching him in the role that I can't bring myself to watch the later movies when Hale is no longer there.