Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes she posited it, she made an assumption in the form of question. To posit is to "assume as a fact." I still think elections are coming whether they're to elect QC members or something different.
    Well I think Hickman plans on not having the Council stay around. I don't think the three people who secretly control the council and have a vested interest in keeping that control to themselves would be down with it being elected.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Well...yes.
    The truth, once revealed, tends to be hurtful to those who refuse to open their eyes. Their insecurities are not my responsibility.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is this screed just going to be spam posted anytime someone disagrees with Krakoa or Hickman ever
    Hm.
    Doesn't every thread already boil down to some variation of this screed right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wish this could be posted each time we got one of those “krakoans=fascist neo-nazis” comments
    I suppose there is nothing stopping people from using the title of this thread as some kind of refrain for when mutants get "too uppity" for the forum's taste.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

So we're just doing that thing again where we pretend the allegorical oppression of mutants in past comics is even remotely comparable to actual, real life oppressed groups huh

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

So we're just doing that thing again where we pretend the allegorical oppression of mutants in past comics is even remotely comparable to actual, real life oppressed groups huh
    I don't really know what you're on about.

But if you see something in yourself reflected in the OP that you don't like, perhaps you should look within and make a change.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Oh yay, my favorite part of X-Fandom, "cute" and "clever" assertions and assumptions that disagreements and criticisms of X-Books are somehow comparable to, or proof of, real-life bigotry against non-fictional groups.

It's already ruined X-Twitter so please keep it off these boards.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-27-2021 at 10:06 AM.

This is not what you think it is. Not even close. But feel free to actually ask a question rather than make empty assertions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is not what you think it is. Not even close. But feel free to actually ask a question rather than make empty assertions.
    Okay:
    How is fictional characters terraforming Mars, a thing that has also been done by non-mutants in the past, in any way comparable to black kids seeing Obama become president in real life?

Okay:
    How is fictional characters terraforming Mars, a thing that has also been done by non-mutants in the past, in any way comparable to black kids seeing Obama become president in real life?
    It doesn't. That's not the point of that line, though. But you've obviously disregarded the entire post to throw misdirection on the actual message.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Choose your words carefully, Erik.
    why?? they know a inferno is coming moria as been reading destiny's books.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    I'm not sure they do. I don't think they know Mystique was told by Destiny to burn it all down

I'm not sure they do. I don't think they know Mystique was told by Destiny to burn it all down
    books-of-destiny-17.jpg

that is the way i understood it.

I got the implication that the one Mystique received was for her personally, and wouldn't be in the books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Destiny's not going to write that into her book, knowing it might fall into the wrong hands.

Just like we can't completely trust the data pages, we have to realize that Destiny has her own biases and motives when writing out her visions of the future.

If they somehow know Mystique is going to betray them then they're even stupider for leading her along like this than they already were.