Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Jonah Hex, Lobo, Green Arrow, Constantine

I would be interested to see one with Shazam, I wonder how he might react to that.
    Lobo? If anything, he would cause the apocalypse. And did, on his home world.

Ray Palmer. Use him for something for gods sake.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Superman: Basically, Superman have to go to some space mission, maybe he get stuck in another planet, but when he finally get back to Earth, after a couple years, it's really messed up. He have to find out what happened and save it as much as possible.

Hawkman: Something similar to The End series at Marvel. It would be Hawkman reincarnating in a pos-apocalyptic world, the only connection he would have to present day DC would be his memories from past lives. He would meet several character from current DCU, the ones that live longer, maybe Wonder Woman, Ra's, Etrigan, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Just read Wonderwoman the Dead Earth, and was pondering how great, the mixing of Superheroes and post apocalyptic setting usually works. These stories tend to be about Superheroes (characters who usually always succeed in the end) dealing with existential failure. What Superheroes would you like to see in a post apocalyptic setting?
    Me personally,
    Legion of Superheroes: they kind of dabbled with this in the 5 years later era of book, but I always though a post apocalyptic counterpart to the usually utopian Legion would be cool. The Legion always felt like a Club of teen Superheroes hanging out in an idealized future. My idea would flip that and turn them into roving gang of Super Robin Hoods in a post apocalyptic galaxy.
    Not sure if I’d want it as a in continuity run or an elseworld though.
    I always found it weird that in the 1980s, DC arbitrarily put Jonah Hex and Metamorpho into a post-apocalypse setting.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Green Arrow was the first one that came to my mind. What about Swamp Thing?

piggy backing off my Duke suggestion, it'd be cool to see a post-apocalypse story focusing on immortal characters; like an Immortal War. hundreds, maybe thousands, of years in the future society has collapsed nearly all heroes and civilians are dead, and it's just a worldwide battle royale among the long-lived beings left on the planet. off the top of my head I'd want to see in some capacity: Vandal Savage, Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman, Wonder Woman, Duke Thomas, Solomon Grundy, Cyborg, White Lantern Kyle Rayner, Swamp Thing, Detective Chimp, Onimar Synn, Black Adam, Parasite, Ras al Ghul or a descendant, Doomsday. have various characters asserting dominance over one another and just unleashing full force on each other in a way we could never really see they in main canon since there is little to no collateral damage to worry about.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."