Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Batman (TDKR) Vs Douji Kodama (Black Joke)

Batman

Vs.

Douji Kodama

Rules:

• Random Encounter
    • Batman has his suit (as seen above)
    • H2H only
    • Both are Bloodlusted
    • Fight to the Death
    • No Outside Help
    • PIS/CIS off
    • Fight Starts at 15 Feet

The guy with the suit that didn't immediately crumple against Superman.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The guy with the suit that didn't immediately crumple against Superman.
    Supes was holding back and kinda weakened due to the Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by 950Killer View Post
    Supes was holding back and kinda weakened due to the Nuke.
    And he was still leagues stronger than Douji.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Is batman injured as he was in the comic when he wore that suit?

From what I have researched about Douji, Batman can win, but he definitely needs the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Is batman injured as he was in the comic when he wore that suit?
    Eh, the guy tended to shrug off the various injuries he got during the series (albeit with the help of a brace for his arm following the first fight against the Mutant leader). That also raises the question of him being drugged to fake a heart attack for this fight, though.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I forget the exact schematics of what Batman's suit was like in TDKR. Bruce definitely needs the suit because he don't want none of Kodama otherwise.

Did it amp his speed? If it doesn't Kodama could just like... super speed punch his fist through Bruce's exposed jaw and pull his spine out, dude is really fast and precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I forget the exact schematics of what Batman's suit was like in TDKR. Bruce definitely needs the suit because he don't want none of Kodama otherwise.

Did it amp his speed? If it doesn't Kodama could just like... super speed punch his fist through Bruce's exposed jaw and pull his spine out, dude is really fast and precise.
    No speed amping for that suit. It came with a sonic gun, and if connected to the electrical grid, could deliver a high enough voltage to make Superman suffer through the gloves. The animated adaptation added jet boosters and more strength feats (IIRC, Bruce lifted the Keaton Batmobile with one hand, and was shown landing more hits that Superman felt).

Also, what levels of super speed are we talking about here? The best eval I saw for Kodama was at "implied bullet-timer" (which admittedly would be enough to do what you suggest if confirmed).

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    No speed amping for that suit. It came with a sonic gun, and if connected to the electrical grid, could deliver a high enough voltage to make Superman suffer through the gloves. The animated adaptation added jet boosters and more strength feats (IIRC, Bruce lifted the Keaton Batmobile with one hand, and was shown landing more hits that Superman felt).

Also, what levels of super speed are we talking about here? The best eval I saw for Kodama was at "implied bullet-timer" (which admittedly would be enough to do what you suggest if confirmed).
    I'd need to look through the series again for specifics but, off the top of my head...

Kodama is at that kind of obviously metahuman speed where I would have a hard time believing he's not in the bullet timer category. Dude does stuff like one handed, pretty instantaneously, disassemble someone's gun into its component pieces as they draw it on him.

He's got like a bunch of becoming frankly nigh invisible through sheer speed, blitzing groups of armed dudes and comboing people while other dudes are mid-air from him hitting them.

He's really fast. I don't recall if he got a specifically bullet timing feat but I'll comb through the series and have a check.

I'll note that, if this was a conventional arena match at 100 feet distance, then Bruce could just pull the sonic gun and melt Kodama's brain.

However, OP lowered the distance to 15 feet which is really not very far for someone as quick as Kodama. He's got feats of doing some pretty crazy leaps across like 30 - 40 feet distances.

Ah, he does have a bullet time feat to his name.

While blinded, relying on general ambiguous danger sense and hearing etc, he is able to block a reasonably close range bullet with a machete.

Ooh well. If he's that quick then not much Batman can do.

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'd need to look through the series again for specifics but, off the top of my head...

Kodama is at that kind of obviously metahuman speed where I would have a hard time believing he's not in the bullet timer category. Dude does stuff like one handed, pretty instantaneously, disassemble someone's gun into its component pieces as they draw it on him.

He's got like a bunch of becoming frankly nigh invisible through sheer speed, blitzing groups of armed dudes and comboing people while other dudes are mid-air from him hitting them.

He's really fast. I don't recall if he got a specifically bullet timing feat but I'll comb through the series and have a check.
    This sort of stuff would be bullet-time speed - higher end, even. Especially the gun disassemble. If he REALLY pulls it apart while the guy is drawing it - not just separate barrel from frame kind of thing - that's getting a tad beyond bullet-timing into low-end superspeed.

If Bruce doesn't have speedfeats like that, sure, at 15' he'll be all over Bruce before anything happens.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This sort of stuff would be bullet-time speed - higher end, even. Especially the gun disassemble. If he REALLY pulls it apart while the guy is drawing it - not just separate barrel from frame kind of thing - that's getting a tad beyond bullet-timing into low-end superspeed.

If Bruce doesn't have speedfeats like that, sure, at 15' he'll be all over Bruce before anything happens.
    I'll post one of the gun disassembly instances (he does this sort of thing more than once).

Make of it what you will.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'll post one of the gun disassembly instances (he does this sort of thing more than once).

Make of it what you will.
    Can't actually see it right now - my work blocks Imgur - but I'll have a look later!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate