Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

New Gods are a lot beefier post-Flashpoint. Darkseid has one shot Superman, and Orion laughed off Supes literally speed blitzing him into the ground. Orion also had a dust up that destroyed the solar system he was in. Even random mook New Gods were strong enough for Sinestro to bust out Parallax to take down.

Current Darkseid is the new one that killed the Quintessence and hasn't done anything else yet. I'd imagine that even thousands of planet busting attacks would be insignificant to someone who ganks the Spectre and friends, but we don't actually have durability feats for him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    New Gods are a lot beefier post-Flashpoint. Darkseid has one shot Superman, and Orion laughed off Supes literally speed blitzing him into the ground. Orion also had a dust up that destroyed the solar system he was in. Even random mook New Gods were strong enough for Sinestro to bust out Parallax to take down.

Current Darkseid is the new one that killed the Quintessence and hasn't done anything else yet. I'd imagine that even thousands of planet busting attacks would be insignificant to someone who ganks the Spectre and friends, but we don't actually have durability feats for him yet.
    Although not in canon to the main universe, there is an Elseworld where Lobo killed all of the New Gods himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Fun sounding series. Might need to give it a try. ^_^
    There’s a whole page on Fandom that lists the Culture ships and details about them (there’s probably several hundred referenced in the books in total).

The names alone are genius.

The biggest Culture ship, a System-class GSV, had a population of 6 billion. So equivalent to most of Earth. That gives you a hint of what we’re dealing with.

Oh, and the Minds (‘computers’ at the core of ships) have the capability to read the minds of biological creatures but thoroughly disapprove of doing so (a ship/Mind that called itself Grey Area and read creatures’ minds was basically shunned by the other Minds, who ignored its chosen name and referred to it simply as ‘Meatfucker’).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

I love that you say: "but we don't actually have durability feats for him yet" right after mentioning how he laughed off a blitz from current "shatters planets by jumping off them while on last dredges of power" Superman. Pretty sure thats a good one . But what do you mean by "ganking" the Spectre? What happened? And what is the significance of killing "Quintessence", for those of us who don't know who, or what that is?

I mean it sounds like current Darkseid could beat Thanos now.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-30-2021 at 03:19 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

Well, while Darkseid may survive, I would think his planet is obliterated. How is his telepathic resistance? One of my attacks was the Galactic Patrols super-telepathic onslaught by universe spanning telepaths and a generated special combined Lensmen corps special weapon.

DS did control 3 billion Daxamites way back when, he still up for that kind of mental power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I love that you say: "but we don't actually have durability feats for him yet" right after mentioning how he laughed off a blitz from current "shatters planets by jumping off them while on last dredges of power" Superman. Pretty sure thats a good one . But what do you mean by "ganking" the Spectre? What happened? And what is the significance of killing "Quintessence", for those of us who don't know who, or what that is?

I mean it sounds like current Darkseid could beat Thanos now.
    The blitz I listed was for n52 Superman vs Orion, not Darkseid. Though n52 Superman has also proven pretty weak sauce next to Darkseid. The Quintessence is basically the DC council of Skyfathers. The current roster is the Spectre, the wizard Shazam, the Phantom Stranger, High Father, Ganthet, and Hera. You can see what Darkseid does with a little googling. He just sttaight up murders the whole lot of them in one sneak attack. He also mentions how he's a composite of all his previous versions and is more powerful than he was before the first Crisis.

We haven't actually seen anything attack him yet, so technically he lacks durability feats. But yeah he kills Thanks just fine.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, him ganking Spectre seems……..a bit beyond him/low showing for Spectre.

Unless Darkseid is way, way, way beyond what he’s ever been at.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

Well, yes, he is. Had a whole monologue about it. Also, it is a new version of the character with one appearance. He's done one thing and nothing contradicts it, so....
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-02-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Mighty Member

He is probably the true threat the hands warned Wonder Woman about.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post

He is probably the true threat the hands warned Wonder Woman about.
    Everything about that irritates me on so many levels. Really? One shots Spectre AND Phantom Stranger?

Really?

That’s just……that’s such bad writing. Such a disservice to two characters that stand head and shoulders past all Darkseid’s put together.

I mean, I guess he’s now that powerful now, clearly, but still………

What exactly is any normal hero supposed to do against something like that?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Everything about that irritates me on so many levels. Really? One shots Spectre AND Phantom Stranger?

Really?

That’s just……that’s such bad writing. Such a disservice to two characters that stand head and shoulders past all Darkseid’s put together.

Well, nothing, I imagine. They are almost certainly going to require some plot device McGuffin to take him down. Probably something involving Nth metal, if recent history is anything to go by.

Mighty Member

Really?

It will probably end with her as enforcer of the hands:

against Darkseid as the next crisis, and the crisis part is unfortunately no joke.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-02-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Do they retrospectively go back and change the name of Final Crisis then? Should it now be called Just One More Crisis In A Series Of Them?

Is the new one called ‘Crisis of Confidence’, where Darkseid unleashes the power of the Anti-Creativity Equation to suck all original thought from the multiverse?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Do they retrospectively go back and change the name of Final Crisis then? Should it now be called Just One More Crisis In A Series Of Them?

Is the new one called ‘Crisis of Confidence’, where Darkseid unleashes the power of the Anti-Creativity Equation to suck all original thought from the multiverse?
    Pretty sure that happened to DC back in the mid 80's.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

just remember John Constantine's analysis of the Spectre's power, that it goes up and down more than a woman of ill repute's underclothes. The Source told the Spectre after the COIE that he should have been able to stop the crisis but was incompetent. Spectre said that he could have taken the Great Beast but had some of his ectoplasm elsewhere.

Now, Great Darkness Darkseid could teleport planets, that do any good for him against the Fleets coming for his planet? The Galactic Patrol can toss regular planets, antimatter planets and strange matter FTL planets at Apockylips.