Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I agree with others that Bendis has written 616 Peter poorly. That said, I doubt we have to worry about that. When Bendis returns, it'll be to write Miles as he replaces Peter on ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I agree with others that Bendis has written 616 Peter poorly. That said, I doubt we have to worry about that. When Bendis returns, it'll be to write Miles as he replaces Peter on ASM.
    I wouldn't be surprised, although I don't think they'll go for that.

Mighty Member

BMB is my favourite comic series of all time and is something I'm currently going through. I feel his time with Marvel has pretty much come to an end.
    I'm reading his justice League, and it's fun, it's really fun and I like him as a writer, but my God could that be wrapped up in 3 issues.

He certainly has a unique style and has managed to gain a massive fanbase, but his last few years at Marvel where a bit of a dud. X-Men was the best of a bad bunch, and while it was a thing, it wasn't the thing we wanted or needed at the time.
    His events were pretty bad as well. Age of Ultron was a waste of time, Civil War 2, whole not his fault and I give him no blame for it, was pretty lousy. His Ultimate End mini was also just a huge waste of time.

No, I'd much rather see am ongoing Batman from him now. Him doing stuff at DC is a nice fresh place for him.
    If anything, give him an Ultimate Spider-Man Tie-in with whatever Cates has got planned for his big Ultimate event.
    Give is Ultimate Peter meeting 616 Peter from Bendis.

And just put Cates on Amazing. I'd rather the title go to someone who actually wants it and has got an idea on what they want to do with it rather than have a big name for the sake of having a big name.

Question

I have mixed feelings about the rumor. I'm not sure exactly sure how I feel; if I should be happy or sad. -

On the one hand, I absolutely loved his run on Ultimate Spider-Man.

On the other hand, I've absolutely loathed everything he has done since the initial creation of Riri. This especially applies to his atrocious, IMO, Superman run which made me drop the books for the first time.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-29-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

So first Ock then Ben and now Miles.
    Yeah if this happens we riot.

Also bendis would so this in the worst way possible

Seriously people will leave marvel in packs if this happens.

They f'ed up Iron fist and maybe will do the same to doctor strange.

Extraordinary Member

Also miles replacing pete is already been done.
    If anything kill miles as a parallel or send him back to 1610.

They already did the story, they can't be stupid enough to do it again?

Fantastic Member

cant wait for the inevitable Spidey×Kate Pryde in the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    X-Office has to sign off on 616 Kate Pryde and they have power and heavy ammunition in their corner these days.

Besides, Kate is now bisexual and seemingly more likely to hook up with Magik or Rachel anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    X-Office has to sign off on 616 Kate Pryde and they have power and heavy ammunition in their corner these days.

Besides, Kate is now bisexual and seemingly more likely to hook up with Magik or Rachel anyway.
    Yeah.
    Also MJ will still be a thing I assume.

I honestly think I will drop Spider-Man if he takes over. I can't bare the thought of reading his tedious, repetitive dialogue or his blatant disregard for continuity ever again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, although I don't think they'll go for that.
    I hope you're right. Which one is more enticing to Bendis to return to Marvel? Writing 616 Peter or writing Miles in ASM? I think the latter.

Also, I believe there's a oneupmanship aspect wrt Marvel vs DC. DC recently created a black Batman. Marvel's like, "So what? We created a black Spider-Man 10 years ago." But, Miles hasn't been the main Spiderman on the main title in the main universe yet, just like Jace isn't going to be the Batman in either "Detective Comics" or "Batman." That's why I can see Marvel seeing this as an opportunity to outshine DC with regards to diversity. "You think your black Batman is so hot? Well, we're putting Miles on ASM! Beat that."

As for Peter's fate? Maybe they give him back his marriage (to satisfy the fans) and then kill him.

No need to kill Peter off. He could just still be retired, which is why Ben took over in the first place. So, something would happen to Ben, Peter tries to help out, realises he still needs more time, causing Miles to step up. Maybe have Miles be newly graduated from high school, so that they wouldn't need to keep Ahmed's status quo (except for Billie now existing).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No need to kill Peter off. He could just still be retired, which is why Ben took over in the first place. So, something would happen to Ben, Peter tries to help out, realises he still needs more time, causing Miles to step up. Maybe have Miles be newly graduated from high school, so that they wouldn't need to keep Ahmed's status quo (except for Billie now existing).
    Yeah no.
    I like the idea but just we have enough of peter getting replaced.

Give us 200-250 issues of Zdarsky level Spider-man and then go ahead and replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    What about BenxKitty? I can see Bendis (if he does return) push that pairing. It appears Ben could be the primary Spidey of 616 for a while.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Uh oh, you mightbe getting a call from Marvel, you just spoiled their plan for ASM 1000.