Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh yeah.I'm talking about first 10 years each.Those are the formative years imo.
    And I think Miles is still being formed. Just in a different way from Peter.
    I mean they should be doing everything to make Miles unique and the clone saga ain't it.
    I think they're doing enough to differentiate Miles. Just doing their own take on the Clone Saga from a legacy standpoint with its own differences is enough for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I think Miles is still being formed. Just in a different way from Peter.

I think they're doing enough to differentiate Miles. Just doing their own take on the Clone Saga from a legacy standpoint with its own differences is enough for me.
    I agree, specially his 1610 set him back to square 1.But the problem is it's not different than Peter.If anything they are pushing to make him more like Pete.

Nope.Not talking about just the clone stuff.
    Kamala Khan vs Captain Marvel is how you do a legacy.
    Miguel vs Spiderman is how you do legacy.
    Miles is how you do an alternate universe take.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I think this description fits better for people who have written good books like 50% of the time and then coast later in their careers. Bendis' hit rate is like 5%, lol. (Yes, your mileage may vary). I'd say he's a victim of his own ineptitude.
    His Daredevil run I enjoyed thoroughly. Alias was great. Infamous Iron-man was a latter gem. Then you have Ultimate Spider-man. The rest I found average to poor. I guess his Avengers run was kind of okay up until Siege (wasn't my cup of tea though.)

Well, first of all, what if the leak came from DC or from Bendis' camp? (DC is notoriously leaky). Secondly, your point is only sound if Marvel never leaks; otherwise, if they sometimes leak and sometimes are airtight, then maybe this Bendis-to-ASM thing is one of their leaky moments. As an X-fan, I can tell you basically all of Hellfire Gala was leaked, so I wouldn't say Marvel runs an airtight operation all the time.
    Ain't that the truth. Alot of Hickman's run has been leaked beforehand. Makes me wonder if the X-office is doing it on purpose to attract publicity and generate further sales. The difference with Bendis is he is doing Justice League. DC basically gave him the keys to the premiere team over there. So, unless he leaves that, I don't see him doing Amazing. Purely because Marvel likes the writers on it to be dedicated to that title only. No way would Marvel allow him to do Amazing while doing stuff for DC.

I could be wrong though.

I agree, specially his 1610 set him back to square 1.But the problem is it's not different than Peter.If anything they are pushing to make him more like Pete.

Nope.Not talking about just the clone stuff.
    Kamala Khan vs Captain Marvel is how you do a legacy.
    Miguel vs Spiderman is how you do legacy.
    Miles is how you do an alternate universe take.
    Well, it seems like the Clone Saga is the main sticking point.

I think there are various different ways to do legacy heroes, like they're doing with Miles now. I don't think his book is that much different from Kamala's.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it seems like the Clone Saga is the main sticking point.

I think there are various different ways to do legacy heroes, like they're doing with Miles now. I don't think his book is that much different from Kamala's.
    Nope.Just the most recent one.

The things is Carol is so different than Kamal.
    Miles and Kamala are Similar.
    And Kamala and Miles are Similar(somewhat).
    Peter and Miles are similar.

The problem is that Miles was supposed to be an alternate universe take.They pushed the entire cast of Peter onto him.They didn't try to make him unique.

And Miles is also just bad.Idk if I posted this here before but how do you feel about the following, try to address all of them since they are all crucial:-

"Bendis has given him everything. Nothing is earned ever. He has no struggles, even for the beginning. Fury instantly takes him in. Captain America wants to train him, Aunt May and MJ give him web shooters. Ganke makes his web fluid. Every single fight ends with venom blast the single most op move ever it would seem. In the last 5 years he hasn't had one good villain besides his Uncle. Right before Secret Wars Bendis saw the need to have him be bit by a second spider to acquire and all new power set as to keep us interested or something. He is incredibly under developed for how long he has been around and a most of the side cast like his father have gotten more development than him. To top it all off the one thing he had going for him was his mother dying. Something he could use to always remember like a Uncle Ben. But what does Bendis do? He brings her back. Now in 616 he has Peter giving him toys he has Tony building him webshooters. This kid literally just gets everything on silver platter. "

And also for your give him time argument is addressed here.He is incredibly underdeveloped for a 10+ year character who has his own solo runs alongside his own movies and solo games and is being pushed heavily by Marvel.

Incredible Member

The problem is that Miles was supposed to be an alternate universe take.They pushed the entire cast of Peter onto him.They didn't try to make him unique.

And Miles is also just bad.Idk if I posted this here before but how do you feel about the following, try to address all of them since they are all crucial:-

"Bendis has given him everything. Nothing is earned ever. He has no struggles, even for the beginning. Fury instantly takes him in. Captain America wants to train him, Aunt May and MJ give him web shooters. Ganke makes his web fluid. Every single fight ends with venom blast the single most op move ever it would seem. In the last 5 years he hasn't had one good villain besides his Uncle. Right before Secret Wars Bendis saw the need to have him be bit by a second spider to acquire and all new power set as to keep us interested or something. He is incredibly under developed for how long he has been around and a most of the side cast like his father have gotten more development than him. To top it all off the one thing he had going for him was his mother dying. Something he could use to always remember like a Uncle Ben. But what does Bendis do? He brings her back. Now in 616 he has Peter giving him toys he has Tony building him webshooters. This kid literally just gets everything on silver platter. "

And also for your give him time argument is addressed here.He is incredibly underdeveloped for a 10+ year character who has his own solo runs alongside his own movies and solo games and is being pushed heavily by Marvel.
    Absolutely 110% agree. Especially with the venom blast part. Every single arc ended with a venom blast. Of course, there were plenty of users here that would argue with me say I was wrong. Back before the forum reset, I went through every arc and counted all the venom blasts and what not and still the users claimed I was wrong. The only Miles I’ve actually enjoyed was the Into the Spider-Verse version. He had the art/graffiti hobby and he struggled to get where he was by the end. Otherwise I have not like a single issue of Miles’ comic version.

I hope these rumours are not true. As much as I love Ultimate Spider-Man, some things are best left in the past. Bendis clearly can't say anything more in Spider-Verse.

I can see him returning for two or three issues (not gonna happen, decompression in his stories is far too big), but not for the whole run.

If I could bring someone back, I would love to see JMS making a return, but as I've stated a few words before... Some things are better left in the past.

Give someone new a chance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Absolutely 110% agree. Especially with the venom blast part. Every single arc ended with a venom blast. Of course, there were plenty of users here that would argue with me say I was wrong. Back before the forum reset, I went through every arc and counted all the venom blasts and what not and still the users claimed I was wrong. The only Miles I’ve actually enjoyed was the Into the Spider-Verse version. He had the art/graffiti hobby and he struggled to get where he was by the end. Otherwise I have not like a single issue of Miles’ comic version.
    Finally someone said it.Comic Miles is bland and boring.Literally has everything handed to him on a silver plater and Venom Blast is the worst ability I have seen on a street level character specially a beginner.Making a character powerful does not make him better.

Into the Spider-verse version is great and that is where so many Miles fans come from.I have talked to people defending Miles and said he is the best and then read his comics and change their minds.They are 2 entirely different characters.We should not judge one based on the other.

I don't think Peter and Miles are really all that similar.

I have had problems with Bendis' execution with Miles but some of the stuff you bring up made sense from a story standpoint and Miles has still struggled. I hate the Venom Blast but there's more to his character than that. And Peter and Tony haven't really given him that much. But I also feel he's being developed fine per the Ahmed run.

But to each their own.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Peter and Miles are really all that similar.

I have had problems with Bendis' execution with Miles but some of the stuff you bring up made sense from a story standpoint and Miles has still struggled. I hate the Venom Blast but there's more to his character than that. And Peter and Tony haven't really given him that much. But I also feel he's being developed fine per the Ahmed run.

But to each their own.
    Fair enough.Miguel and Peter is how you create different characters.

Can you point out what things he has struggled with.Again this isn't about Peter and Tony giving him anything, it's everyone.

Captain America-training
    Nick Fury-takes him in and costume
    Ganke-web fluid
    Aunt May and MJ-Web shooters and May even says do it like you not like peter which would make sense except she doesn't really know him and they keep making them w*nk him
    Peter-Gets his blessing both times and even has an attitude and treats like Spider-man is his right.In Spider-men 2 we can see a bit of this.Guy needs to show respect
    Tony-Instantly gets taken in the avengers.And gets new webshooters instantly.
    Bendis-Is his OC and keeps trying to make him one up Pete mostly by venom blast and character interaction like May and Kitty
    Molecule Man-gets his entire life back while maintaining Spider-powers for a burger.Peter had to make a deal with a devil to get Aunt May back.And it came to bite him back big time.Literally reboots his family into how they were at their best.Mom's alive and the Dad doesn't even have a problem with mutants.And prowler is eventually made a good guy too.
    And the list goes on...

He hasn't got any development though.Ahmed's run does fine for an already established character but he does't have one and for what he does it's bad.

fair enough.But that quote really has a lot of points that are tough to argue against cause they just things that happened and not an opinion.But everything has a bit of prespective involved.

Fair enough.Miguel and Peter is how you create different characters.

Can you point out what things he has struggled with.Again this isn't about Peter and Tony giving him anything, it's everyone.

Captain America-training
    Nick Fury-takes him in and costume
    Ganke-web fluid
    Aunt May and MJ-Web shooters and May even says do it like you not like peter which would make sense except she doesn't really know him and they keep making them w*nk him
    Peter-Gets his blessing both times and even has an attitude and treats like Spider-man is his right.In Spider-men 2 we can see a bit of this.Guy needs to show respect
    Tony-Instantly gets taken in the avengers.And gets new webshooters instantly.
    Bendis-Is his OC and keeps trying to make him one up Pete mostly by venom blast and character interaction like May and Kitty
    Molecule Man-gets his entire life back while maintaining Spider-powers for a burger.Peter had to make a deal with a devil to get Aunt May back.And it came to bite him back big time.Literally reboots his family into how they were at their best.Mom's alive and the Dad doesn't even have a problem with mutants.And prowler is eventually made a good guy too.
    And the list goes on...

He hasn't got any development though.Ahmed's run does fine for an already established character but he does't have one and for what he does it's bad.

fair enough.But that quote really has a lot of points that are tough to argue against cause they just things that happened and not an opinion.But everything has a bit of prespective involved.
    He's had tough fights, family drama, and struggled in fights (granted then he ended it with the Venom Blast, but still), and I think he's developing fine under Ahmed, but to each their own.

Extraordinary Member

He's had tough fights, family drama, and struggled in fights (granted then he ended it with the Venom Blast, but still), and I think he's developing fine under Ahmed, but to each their own.
    You keep saying he has struggled but don't say what.
    I just gave you a list of things that he got handed to him.These aren't small things but the biggest things that happen to a character.
    Again fair enough, but please do provide some examples.

You keep saying he has struggled but don't say what.
    I just gave you a list of things that he got handed to him.These aren't small things but the biggest things that happen to a character.
    Again fair enough, but please do provide some examples.
    He's had emotional drama with his family. His dad stopped talking to him for a while if I remember right, or at least shut down, and then there's Aaron, and the fights where he's still gotten beat up (like with Hammerhead), or having to hide his secret from people and lying to them.

Extraordinary Member

He's had emotional drama with his family. His dad stopped talking to him for a while if I remember right, or at least shut down, and then there's Aaron, and the fights where he's still gotten beat up (like with Hammerhead), or having to hide his secret from people and lying to them.
    His dad had some stuff against mutants IIRC but it didn't last long and now got retconned.
    Aaron's decent.But aside from being cliched it also doesn't last long.

Okay, just spent the last 20 minutes finding the hammerhead fight and read the arc.(also had to go through the awful Spider--gwen ship )
    Okay so first fight he gets captured:- 1)Venom sting's the goon
    2)Mega Venom blast to get out of chair
    3)Venom sting to Hammerhead
    I think you can see the pattern.

The second fight is literally him webbing up some guys who shot at him while having a brawl with Hammerhead and passing out.That's the best example you can find says a lot about Miles.

Peter in his first run has so many better examples like Scorpion fight for one(way more in first 10 years) not to mention the arguably single best struggling feat, you know the one.

His dad had some stuff against mutants IIRC but it didn't last long and now got retconned.
    Aaron's decent.But aside from being cliched it also doesn't last long.
    I think it was a thing against the superpowered in general, but I think it lasted as long as it needed too, and Aaron's a complicated relationship.
    The second fight is literally him webbing up some guys who shot at him while having a brawl with Hammerhead and passing out.That's the best example you can find says a lot about Miles.
    It wasn't my best example, just one I used.
    Peter in his first run has so many better examples like Scorpion fight for one(way more in first 10 years) not to mention the arguably single best struggling feat, you know the one.
    Miles is a different Spider-Man with different writers.

I mean, I complain about the Venom Blast a lot but I don't think that means Miles doesn't struggle.