Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He still has time to get those stories.
    Again I said a time comparison.First 10 years.
    You can defend any character by saying they will get good stories.
    Also it's not only time but the direction they are taking him is just rip-off Pete stories.

You saying this is agreeing to the fact that he has nothing of note yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again I said a time comparison.First 10 years.
    You can defend any character by saying they will get good stories.
    Also it's not only time but the direction they are taking him is just rip-off Pete stories.

You saying this is agreeing to the fact that he has nothing of note yet.
    Well, by the metric of "good stories" I think Ahmed has done a solid job and I've been relatively enjoying his run, but to each their own. And just doing their own rendition of the Clone Saga doesn't automatically mean they're just going to keep ripping off Peter stories.

I just think there's just a different set of expectations for modern comics compared to back then.

Extraordinary Member

Well, by the metric of "good stories" I think Ahmed has done a solid job and I've been relatively enjoying his run, but to each their own. And just doing their own rendition of the Clone Saga doesn't automatically mean they're just going to keep ripping off Peter stories.

I just think there's just a different set of expectations for modern comics compared to back then.

There is a serious gap in quality of Peter's 10 years and Miles.
    Miles are meh to good at best.Nothing memorable.
    Peter's are downright iconic.It's okay for a normal character but if you're gonna take the name I want quality as well.
    Otherwise why should we care.
    Even if all of Peter's story was like in the slott era people wouldn't like him.

I mean are you seriously telling me that the "clone saga" is an original idea and not being taken from Pete.
    It's a blatant rip-off to make a few bucks.

There is a serious gap in quality of Peter's 10 years and Miles.
    Miles are meh to good at best.Nothing memorable.
    Peter's are downright iconic.It's okay for a normal character but if you're gonna take the name I want quality as well.
    Otherwise why should we care.
    Even if all of Peter's story was like in the slott era people wouldn't like him.
    Again, different era and different storytelling sensibilities. Comics writing is much more different now.

I think overall the reception to his run has been fairly favorable, but to each their own.
    I mean are you seriously telling me that the "clone saga" is an original idea and not being taken from Pete.
    It's a blatant rip-off to make a few bucks.
    Have I claimed otherwise? I'm just saying it's one story and they're not even doing an exact replication of the 90's Clone Saga, it's more of a thematic tribute.

Extraordinary Member

Again, different era and different storytelling sensibilities. Comics writing is much more different now.

I think overall the reception to his run has been fairly favorable, but to each their own.

Have I claimed otherwise? I'm just saying it's one story and they're not even doing an exact replication of the 90's Clone Saga, it's more of a thematic tribute.
    It's an meh run.
    And if modern comics are worse then modern characters are worse.

Of course not, but it's definitely rip-off.

It's an meh run.
    And if modern comics are worse then modern characters are worse.
    Different strokes .
    Of course not, but it's definitely rip-off.
    I mean, using the name of an older storyline is pretty common, so I think it's not really a rip-off, but to each their own.

Extraordinary Member

Different strokes .

I mean, using the name of an older storyline is pretty common, so I think it's not really a rip-off, but to each their own.
    I mean objectively worse.
    Supporting cast, villains and stories.
    Nothing to do with personal preference, miles doesn't come close.

Inferno is using a name.
    What they are doing is a rip-off.Don't beat around the bush.
    Just call it what it is.

I mean objectively worse.
    Supporting cast, villains and stories.
    Nothing to do with personal preference, miles doesn't come close.
    I mean, but other people enjoy those stories and his supporting cast, so isn't that relevant?
    Inferno is using a name.
    What they are doing is a rip-off.Don't beat around the bush.
    Just call it what it is.
    If it was hitting the exact same beats as the original Clone Saga, maybe, but it isn't so I don't feel it's appropriate.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, but other people enjoy those stories and his supporting cast, so isn't that relevant?

If it was hitting the exact same beats as the original Clone Saga, maybe, but it isn't so I don't feel it's appropriate.
    Never said that his were horrible.Ahmed is fine.But it is terrible compared to Peter's.

Again clones, how they mess with your life, molecular destabalization, one mastermind, etc.
    It's not a exact copy but still a ripoff.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope not. He’s absolutely shit on almost every big franchise he’s on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope not. He’s absolutely shit on almost every big franchise he’s on.
    Bendis can (and has) done quality stuff. The problem is this: he is a victim of his own success. A writer should never get complacent and that is what happened to him. Once it became apparent that his stuff sold (Avengers sold purely because it had the heavy hitters in one book), he coasted on that good will. Now he lives off of it. I also think editors were reluctant to pull his work up too.

Never said that his were horrible.Ahmed is fine.But it is terrible compared to Peter's.
    I mean, I think it's fine compared to Spencer's run.
    Again clones, how they mess with your life, molecular destabalization, one mastermind, etc.
    It's not a exact copy but still a ripoff.
    Yeah, but those are so general that I just don't see it as a direct ripoff.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I think it's fine compared to Spencer's run.
    Oh yeah.I'm talking about first 10 years each.Those are the formative years imo.
    Yeah, but those are so general that I just don't see it as a direct ripoff.
    II mean they should be doing everything to make Miles unique and the clone saga ain't it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Bendis can (and has) done quality stuff. The problem is this: he is a victim of his own success. A writer should never get complacent and that is what happened to him. Once it became apparent that his stuff sold (Avengers sold purely because it had the heavy hitters in one book), he coasted on that good will. Now he lives off of it. I also think editors were reluctant to pull his work up too.
    I think this description fits better for people who have written good books like 50% of the time and then coast later in their careers. Bendis' hit rate is like 5%, lol. (Yes, your mileage may vary). I'd say he's a victim of his own ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Given that there was no speculation about multiple writers taking over or the return of Ben Reilly, I wouldn’t put much stock in rumors. If Marvel could keep that stuff quiet, it stands to reason they would do the same for conversations involving one writer.
    Well, first of all, what if the leak came from DC or from Bendis' camp? (DC is notoriously leaky). Secondly, your point is only sound if Marvel never leaks; otherwise, if they sometimes leak and sometimes are airtight, then maybe this Bendis-to-ASM thing is one of their leaky moments. As an X-fan, I can tell you basically all of Hellfire Gala was leaked, so I wouldn't say Marvel runs an airtight operation all the time.

So was Heroes Reborn. Bleeding Cool posted a bunch of spoilers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman